NBC Sports Edge Forums

Please help me pick my last (2) Keepers!

I'm in a long-running keeper league with 16 teams that's very competitive.  I have my IF spots already locked up with top tier guys and need to fill my last two keeper slots.  The best available on my roster are:

Springer (injury-prone)

Arozarena (small sample size)

Bohm (no demonstrated power)

Which 2 guys do I keep for the long haul?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the feedback.  Wide range of opinions here, but seems the consensus is to hold Springer, despite him being frequently hurt.  So I just need to decide which younger guy to keep between Bohm and Arozarena -- the latter hasn't looked very good this spring so I'm more apprehensive about keeping him over a guy who makes better contact.

The tentative word is "keeper."  For me to keep a guy on the wrong side of 30 over a 24 & 26 year old with much more potential he would have to be an elite first round caliber type player, which Springer is not.  Check any consensus rankings list.  There are 40+ players being selected over George.  If there's a player who is still available at the beginning of the 5th round of a 10-team league he's far from a lock.

28 minutes ago, Padrino said:

The tentative word is "keeper."  For me to keep a guy on the wrong side of 30 over a 24 & 26 year old with much more potential he would have to be an elite first round caliber type player, which Springer is not.  Check any consensus rankings list.  There are 40+ players being selected over George.  If there's a player who is still available at the beginning of the 5th round of a 10-team league he's far from a lock.

While age factors into a keeper situation, I hardly think you throw back a 31 year old top 5 rounder to go chasing after a 24 year old minor leaguer.  If anything, if you do not want to keep Springer for age reasons, you should look to deal him for something rather than just cut him loose.  My 2 cents.

• Like 1

Does it change anything for you guys if Abreu is my 4th option?  i wasn't considering him since he's 34 and this is a deep keeper league, but he did just win an MVP, and its not like he's just going to forget how to hit.  Just worry about how many more productive seasons he has left in him compared to some of these younger guys.  While there's a chance I could still draft Bohm with my #14 overall pick, Abreu will definitely be gone, maybe even the first guy off the board.  Arozarena also has some tantalizing upside, so I'm also considering taking a chance on him over Springer, who's missed 40-games per season on avg for his career and already has an oblique injury that looks to have him on the outside looking in for opening day.  The guy is just a pain in the neck to own because he misses so many games, but he does produce when he's in the lineup so it's a tossup between him and Randy for me.