NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Montgomery 2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Yeah nah thanks. I've never seen anything useful come after those words in Fantasy land.

Im assuming the computer model is some analytics formula which has been accurate in the past from the blurbs i've seen. I've Never paid for their service though so i don't know 100%. Either way, Ignore it, or give it credene I just thought I'd pass it along.

1 minute ago, NInsko said:

Im assuming the computer model is some analytics formula which has been accurate in the past from the blurbs i've seen

Mostly correct, except in my experience they are rarely accurate. I know mine usually aren't ;)

6 hours ago, NInsko said:

Fantasy football rankings 2021: Computer model identifies NFL sleepers, breakouts, busts, top 300 players. SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated the entire 2021 NFL season 10,000 times

Top 2021 Fantasy football picks

Another shocker: Bears running back David Montgomery stumbles, even though he set career-highs with 54 receptions and over 1,000 yards rushing last season. The third-year player out of Iowa State benefitted from a season-ending injury to Tarik Cohen a year ago to the tune of 301 touches (fourth in the NFL) and 1,508 yards from scrimmage, which ranked fifth.

However, Cohen should be fully healthy for Week 1 and will resume his role as the Bears' pass-catching back, thus limiting Montgomery's touches. But an even bigger threat to Montgomery's work as a runner comes via the Bears signing Damien Williams in free agency. Williams, formerly of the Chiefs, opted out of the 2020 season, but was the team's lead ball-carrier during their 2019 Super Bowl season.

Montgomery has proven to be a dependable yet unspectacular running back, evident by his pedestrian 4.0 yards per carry average. He's part of a crowded backfield in a below-average offense that could have a rookie quarterback starting at some point during the season. He's one of the 2021 Fantasy football busts to avoid.

I agree with everything except the unspectacular part. Montgomery is a great running back.  But bad offense, horrible line,  and three headed backfield is too much to overcome. 

• Like 1