NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trevor Rogers 2021 Outlook

He def. could have strong year.  His change-up is very strong and his slider has looked decent this spring.  I would not be shocked to see him as a top 60 starter going into next season with his talent and an opportunity.

Edited by Hellgrammite
  • Like 2

I’m heavily in on Rogers this year. I’ve been getting him in the last round of 12 team, 30 round drafts since February and couldn’t be happier. There’s great upside here. Great opening post, Brock.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I’m heavily in on Rogers this year. I’ve been getting him in the last round of 12 team, 30 round drafts since February and couldn’t be happier. There’s great upside here. Great opening post, Brock.

I had to take him higher but keeper/dynasty hybrid league where I have him forever at no cost after my pick. But yeah, I think in 12 team redraft he goes late. At the end of a draft he's amazing value 

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

I had to take him higher but keeper/dynasty hybrid league where I have him forever at no cost after my pick. But yeah, I think in 12 team redraft he goes late. At the end of a draft he's amazing value 

You like him better than Elieser Hernandez?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rrrich46 said:

You like him better than Elieser Hernandez?

Pretty close, i like both.  I think Rogers may have slightly more upside, but I could see it going either way. I wouldn't feel comfortable betting anything significant either way. I lean Rogers. Elieser has a better track record as of now, so I completely understand going with him.

• Like 3

Yeah he is exciting. I have been all over him for awhile.

Today is slightly skewed by the worse than split squad type lineup HOU decided to roll out (Maldonado batting clean-up lol)...still encouraging though.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah he is exciting. I have been all over him for awhile.

Today is slightly skewed by the worse than split squad type lineup HOU decided to roll out (Maldonado batting clean-up lol)...still encouraging though.

Bad lineup for sure , but that’s what good pitchers do to bad lineups. Zac Gallen was carving up worse lineups in AAA in 2019 when the hype really started.

• Like 1

Thank you, Brock - once again, your advice is golden.  I’ve made it a point to either draft him or pick him up universally based on your input.

Figured you’d paid your karmic dues after the Gausman Experience.  😅

• Haha 2

On 3/26/2021 at 8:17 PM, brockpapersizer said:

Let’s go !!!!

The leagues I didn't draft him late, my FAAB bids on him have just gone up reading this thread. [...]

One of the few true sleepers around at draft day. If he works out it could be huge, certainly has the stuff and is getting the K's in spring.

Edited by tonycpsu

9 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Thought I would be able to get this guy for very cheap at auction. The cat's outta the bag on him, went for $12.

Ha, he went for $15 in my auction on Sunday

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

How would you rank him on the Marlins staff?

IMO three tiers

Sixto

Pablo/Sandy

Hernandez/Rogers 

I'm no expert but I've asked similar questions on the twitterz and this is based on those responses 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, rrrich46 said:

IMO three tiers

Sixto

Pablo/Sandy

Hernandez/Rogers 

I'm no expert but I've asked similar questions on the twitterz and this is based on those responses 

Yeah I figured he and E Hernandez were more or less interchangeable (tier-wise). Thanks. Marlins rotation could be a lot of fun this year. 

• Like 1