NBC Sports Edge Forums

6 hours ago, rrrich46 said:

IMO three tiers

Sixto

Pablo/Sandy

Hernandez/Rogers 

I do think this is at least the current perception of these guys. It's a really good rotation.  Almost no order of how these guys produce for 2021 would surprise me though.

• Like 2
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No thread on him is a testament to how dead this board has been this season + nobody wanting to mention him because their draft is coming up. He's on a bunch of people's breakout list too. Should

With all due respect, everyone needs to calm down if anyone is upset with this line or him not going another inning or two. 7 great innings with over a k per inning, sub 1 whip, QS, Win, 0 ER for a gu

16 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I do think this is at least the current perception of these guys. It's a really good rotation.  Almost no order of how these guys produce for 2021 would surprise me though.

Absolutely agree.

My spidey sense tells me Rogers is the high upside breakout play of the last tier, Alcantara being a solid mid 30s SP 3 type, but who knows til they get a few starts each.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:27 AM, Caelum said:

Fantrax's blurb says his first start is "expected to come April 5 against the Cardinals." Not sure where they got that info from though.

Yeah was wondering about this since he doesn't have a green check mark next his name in any games coming up in Yahoo

Walked the first 2 batters on 8 pitches, and was pretty good-great after that, particularly in the final 2 innings. Lots of whiffs. I think he was pretty nervous. I'd try to buy low if an owner in your league sees the box score and isn't impressed.

PS: I see 2 er instead of 3. I know there was a passed ball, but i thought unless there was an error then all runs are earned.

• Like 3

Happy to have escaped that without too much damage. I suspect that Cardinals lineup is going to do a lot of damage to left handed starting pitchers.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Happy to have escaped that without too much damage. I suspect that Cardinals lineup is going to do a lot of damage to left handed starting pitchers.

Why's that? Any damage they did was basically because he put base runners on through mostly walks. Maybe so though, I just hope the kid's nerves are more settled the next start he goes out for.

• Like 1

Read that this was his first start his family was able to attend. Probably felt like his MLB debut even if it technically wasn't, just because of how strange last year was. So some nerves are understandable, I'll give him a mulligan. If he comes out and throws 9 straight balls next start, it's probably time to panic.

• Like 1

He was trying to throw his fastball at 98 the first inning, and couldn't control it.

By the 3rd and 4th he was throwing it at 95, and showing much better control.

His slider looked pretty solid, which is nice to see.

• Like 1

It's the ultra-frustrating outing. Not really good, but not really bad. Enough underlying positives to hope for more. As noted, he walked the first two batters on 8 pitches and 3 of the first four batters walked. All 4 walks came in the first, though the last one was on 10 pitches. Did seem to settle in after that. The Ks are nice. The line wasn't horrid. Not all starts can be winners. This one does seem like a case of nerves, so hopefully it gets better.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Walked the first 2 batters on 8 pitches, and was pretty good-great after that, particularly in the final 2 innings. Lots of whiffs. I think he was pretty nervous. I'd try to buy low if an owner in your league sees the box score and isn't impressed.

PS: I see 2 er instead of 3. I know there was a passed ball, but i thought unless there was an error then all runs are earned.

I believe a passed ball is technically considered an error so there ya have it. 

It’s not even up for debate that I’m holding. Like many have stated it was just a disastrous first inning/first few batters. After that he settled down. Pitch count was torched in the first already or he probably could’ve lasted another inning or 2. It’s important to stay patient in the beginning few weeks. Don’t want to drop the next breakout stud. Not comparing the two at all but just as an example, Corbin Burnes didn’t start his breakout last year until after a couple weeks, IIRC. Would’ve been devastating to drop him after realizing he didn’t make the rotation only for him to breakout in a major way. Point being, even if this start was worthy of a drop (it definitely wasn’t), you still should stay patient for at least another start if not multiple starts. Some guys just need a few to get going. Spring training doesn’t always do it for everyone. 

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Since the third batter of game 1, he's been an ace. He outpitched degrom through six and degrom was facing the marlins. Very impressive.

After rough 1st inning of 1st start:  9 IP, 0 R, 4 H, 2 BB, 14 K, 0.67 WHIP, 0.00 ERA

• Like 5
Just now, rrrich46 said:

Many thanks to Nick from Pitcher List and the guys at Fantrax for pumping him up as a possible breakout candidate.

Nick seemed less enthusiastic about him than many, IMO.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Nick seemed less enthusiastic about him than many, IMO.

Agreed. I give all credit to our very own @brockpapersizer for this one as he was on top of it even before his preseason dominance. Dude looks incredible 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, CFN said:

Agreed. I give all credit to our very own @brockpapersizer for this one as he was on top of it even before his preseason dominance. Dude looks incredible 

I will also reiterate my gratitude to Brock!

• Like 4

Some sites were big into him in early March.  Glad I nabbed him early on before he blew up in the second half of March.

Brock brought up what nobody wanted to talk about so they could get him sneakily in their later drafts lol 😆.  Hopefully some of you saw this thread opened and nabbed him.

Edited by Hellgrammite
  • Like 1