NBC Sports Edge Forums

34 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Nick seemed less enthusiastic about him than many, IMO.

I'll have to go back and read it again. After like three months of poring over rankings, projections and articles things sometimes get fuzzy 😆

• Like 1
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No thread on him is a testament to how dead this board has been this season + nobody wanting to mention him because their draft is coming up. He's on a bunch of people's breakout list too. Should

With all due respect, everyone needs to calm down if anyone is upset with this line or him not going another inning or two. 7 great innings with over a k per inning, sub 1 whip, QS, Win, 0 ER for a gu

2 minutes ago, rrrich46 said:

I'll have to go back and read it again. After like three months of poring over rankings, projections and articles things sometimes get fuzzy 😆

I will say, I’m eager to see how his opinion has changed!

58 minutes ago, CFN said:

Agreed. I give all credit to our very own @brockpapersizer for this one as he was on top of it even before his preseason dominance. Dude looks incredible 

This! Credit goes to Brock, not Nick. The last I saw on PL before the season, Pollack had Rogers way down his list. 

• Like 2

Love what I’m seeing so far but not sure I’m ready to roll him out there @ Atlanta next week. Hopefully there’s a rainout and he pitches at home vs San Fran.

1 hour ago, meh2 said:

Love what I’m seeing so far but not sure I’m ready to roll him out there @ Atlanta next week. Hopefully there’s a rainout and he pitches at home vs San Fran.

Agreed.  There are a few teams (Atlanta, Dodgers) which I will generally bench a starter against, unless he is a proven top 30 SP.

Edited by Hellgrammite
3 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

If this is a bad game you take it. Still only 6 people got on in 5 ip with 7ks. Without the Acuna bomb it's a great game 

Exactly.  

Kid could be the SP WW pickup of the season.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

If this is a bad game you take it. Still only 6 people got on in 5 ip with 7ks. Without the Acuna bomb it's a great game 

20 minutes ago, rrrich46 said:

Exactly.  

Kid could be the SP WW pickup of the season.

Just now, street sharks said:

This was about as good as you could hope for in Atlanta honestly. Encouraging start.

retweet!

and not like the HR pitch to Acuña was a bad one, ronnie somehow cranked what appeared to be a jam pitch in on the hands.

• Like 2

"There's a lot to like about his stuff and it's possible he'll be a top-30 starter as soon as next year, but his fantasy upside this season is limited." - RW Blurb

Who writes this stuff? This kid is nothing but upside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, hgh22 said:

"There's a lot to like about his stuff and it's possible he'll be a top-30 starter as soon as next year, but his fantasy upside this season is limited." - RW Blurb

Who writes this stuff? This kid is nothing but upside.

I assume theyre referring to innings issues relating to counting stat/ wins. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

He was rolling today--why did they take him out at 82 pitches?

He has logged very few innings thus far - basically they didn’t need to extend him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

He was rolling today--why did they take him out at 82 pitches?

Innings cap, he will be closely watched all season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He didn't log a lot last year or the year before and he's a rookie.  He's not going to pitch over 100 many times this year. They also won the game today, so it was likely the right call to use those innings from him at a later point. 

Perfectly happy if the Marlins give him the Corbin Burnes treatment. It’s a long season and young arms tend to wear down over the long grind. There’s no chance they let him throw 200 innings this year.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, meh2 said:

Perfectly happy if the Marlins give him the Corbin Burnes treatment. It’s a long season and young arms tend to wear down over the long grind. There’s no chance they let him throw 200 innings this year.

While I expect more than 130, but if he gave us 130 IP like this, i'd be happy.

• Like 1

Never understood the innings cap thing.  I could understand a pitch cap but an inning cap makes not sense.  If your not throwing a lot of pitches why does it matter how many innings you throw?  

• Like 2