NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

With all due respect, everyone needs to calm down if anyone is upset with this line or him not going another inning or two. 7 great innings with over a k per inning, sub 1 whip, QS, Win, 0 ER for a guy you probably picked up on the wire or late round pick. 

Sometimes life is good, let's enjoy it.

Amen. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No thread on him is a testament to how dead this board has been this season + nobody wanting to mention him because their draft is coming up. He's on a bunch of people's breakout list too. Should

With all due respect, everyone needs to calm down if anyone is upset with this line or him not going another inning or two. 7 great innings with over a k per inning, sub 1 whip, QS, Win, 0 ER for a gu

48 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

Never understood the innings cap thing.  I could understand a pitch cap but an inning cap makes not sense.  If your not throwing a lot of pitches why does it matter how many innings you throw?  

I think this is the kind of thing that evens out over a season. There will be nights when he throws a lot of pitches to get through 5. Its just easier to cap innings at 140- 150 than pitches at 13, 000

Edited by RoadApple
1 hour ago, knifeparty said:

Never understood the innings cap thing.  I could understand a pitch cap but an inning cap makes not sense.  If your not throwing a lot of pitches why does it matter how many innings you throw?  

That would make a lot more sense, but I think it's just one of those things where the analytics has yet to show it's worth the effort to make a change so the old-ish way prevails.

No noise today? Just DOMINATED Burnes just like he DOMINATED deGrom! I am exaggerating here but in all seriousness, he has been pretty impressive this year.

Side note but anyone else here have the TRogers TRio??? 

• Like 4

I just wish they'd let him throw more than 85 pitches for a change.

He didn't seem to have confidence in his slider tonight, and didn't throw it after the 3rd inning. He went 3 innings with just FB/CH, so it makes sense to take him out after 6 IP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
21 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

No noise today? Just DOMINATED Burnes just like he DOMINATED deGrom! I am exaggerating here but in all seriousness, he has been pretty impressive this year.

Side note but anyone else here have the TRogers TRio??? 

I have 2 of the 3.  Damn confusing.

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Resident A-hole said:

He didn't seem to have confidence in his slider tonight, and didn't throw it after the 3rd inning. He went 3 innings with just FB/CH, so it makes sense to take him out after 6 IP.

If that keeps him healthy, I'm ok with it.  He's still getting the QS and generally dominating.  

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Resident A-hole said:

I can't say for sure but I think the fact that they were up 5-0 and he sat in the top of the 6th for a long time may have factored into them just taking him out.  I'd like to think had it still been 1 - 0 they would have let him go out in the 7th.  

1 hour ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I have 2 of the 3.  Damn confusing.

It sure is! I was hoping I can put them all in a row in my lineup but it won't let me. I just have the twins in a row. At times I can not tell who is who when they are pitching. 

12 hours ago, knifeparty said:

I can't say for sure but I think the fact that they were up 5-0 and he sat in the top of the 6th for a long time may have factored into them just taking him out.  I'd like to think had it still been 1 - 0 they would have let him go out in the 7th.  

also, his spot was up to bat first in the 7th wasn't it? I attributed it to this more than anything else 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 2:40 PM, knifeparty said:

Good point. I’ve always thought the same…  All I can’t think of is sitting down and ramping back up the following inning could have an effect on the health of a pitchers arm. 

The consistency has been pretty crazy. He's made 9 starts, always struck out at least 6 batters and never allowed more than 3 runs. Really the only time he was bad all season was the first inning of the opener when he was too amped up and couldn't throw strikes.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, 80version said:

Probably won’t throw enough innings in this rookie season, but the potential seems to he there. 

I was surprised the manager sent him back out in the eighth inning.   Trevor gave up a walk & a single.  The manager left him in and he got a big double play.   Then Yimi Garcia came in for a four out save.

It doesn't feel like Mattingly is concerned about innings at the moment.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

I was surprised the manager sent him back out in the eighth inning.   Trevor gave up a walk & a single.  The manager left him in and he got a big double play.   Then Yimi Garcia came in for a four out save.

It doesn't feel like Mattingly is concerned about innings at the moment.

He was at like high 70s to 80 pitches before he went out in the 8th. 

Just a really efficient outing

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 1

Just a note, but his fastball average velocity has now dropped in 5 straight games. It's a very minor concern at best considering both the results and the fact it's dropped all the way down to...94.4 (as a lefty!!). I wouldn't sweat it all that much considering he was still firing at 96 when he needed. But it's at least something to file away in the corner of your mind. I can't be the only one wondering if/when he's going to start wearing down this year. 

• Like 5