NBC Sports Edge Forums

* mods Please delete if there is an existing ones, but I didn’t see it *

i plan on living on this thread if history is any indication.  Guess I’ll plant my flag now:

2 out of 96 keepers have been injured (gallen and Eloy).   Guess who has the both.   

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to 2021 Vent and Rant Thread
  • Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

Yes, this includes myself...

All my players who are clearly hurt also play on teams that wait until 10 seconds before the game starts to put guys on the DL. So now I have to watch people take players on my watchlist. Piss me off

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

i plan on living on this thread if history is any indication.  Guess I’ll plant my flag now:

2 out of 96 keepers have been injured (gallen and Eloy).   Guess who has the both.   

YES! Best thread on the board, thanks for starting. I love blowing off inconsequential steam in this thread! 

That f'n sucks for your keeper league. Have you already drafted? If not, can you swap them out? My rant is the amount of top 6 round guys getting hurt, rounds 4-6 just look so uninspiring right now. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

YES! Best thread on the board, thanks for starting. I love blowing off inconsequential steam in this thread! 

That f'n sucks for your keeper league. Have you already drafted? If not, can you swap them out? My rant is the amount of top 6 round guys getting hurt, rounds 4-6 just look so uninspiring right now. 

Great.  The year hasn't even started yet and already people are sorry for my misfortune.........people that came in to show off THEIR misfortune.  2 of 96!!!

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Cesare13 said:

Great.  The year hasn't even started yet and already people are sorry for my misfortune.........people that came in to show off THEIR misfortune.  2 of 96!!!

Watch, you'll win the league by 50 points because you drafted the NL and AL MVP and CY winners in rounds 15-25

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

Watch, you'll win the league by 50 points because you drafted the NL and AL MVP and CY winners in rounds 15-25

You think Felix Hernandez and Chase Anderson are gonna last that long? 🧐😜

• Haha 2

Got Eloy in an auction last weekend. Wasn't even targeting him but for some reason went cheap off the bored so I took advantage. Just so happened to be in the same situation with Zac Gallen as well who got hurt less than 24 hours later.

Also got Mercado for $1 and Kiriloff for $1, lost both of them to options this week.

Lastly had Tejay Antone who in this league would only be helpful as a starter and he got announced into bullpen a few days later.

Literally lost 5 guys on my team with 4 days of the draft.

Edited by Sidearmer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sidearmer said:

Got Eloy in an auction last weekend. Wasn't even targeting him but for some reason went cheap off the bored so I took advantage. Just so happened to be in the same situation with Zac Gallen as well who got hurt less than 24 hours later.

Also got Mercado for $1 and Kiriloff for $1, lost both of them to options this week.

Lastly had Tejay Antone who in this league would only be helpful as a starter and he got announced into bullpen a few days later.

Gallen and Eloy? Get out! Me too. By fantasy baseball law, we have to be friends!

Edited by Cesare13
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Gallen and Eloy? Get out! Me too. By fantasy baseball law, we have to be friends!

I also have both of them (in an 8 player keeper league where keeper deadline was last Sunday night).  Always nice to start the year at 75% capacity when everyone else is at 100.  

Edited by mehtavg2000
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I also have both of them (in an 8 player keeper league where keeper deadline was last Sunday night).  Always nice to start the year at 75% capacity when everyone else is at 100.  

Don't worry, you still have 6 days to lose the other 75%

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Drafted Sunday night and was happy to grab Gallen, Yates, and Anderson. The next day news broke on Gallen and Yates. 

Drafted last week and was so pumped to get Eloy and Voit for power early and LeClerc and Barnes late as closers with little to no competition.   Anyone else lose all four of these guys like me?   The baseball gods must not be happy with something I did....

57 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

drafted yesterday morning. got voit at 60 yahoo booted me and auto picked me eloy at 157.

These were not ideal selections for your team.

On 3/25/2021 at 10:56 PM, Sidearmer said:

I also have Luke Voit on this team 😂

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

I also have Luke Voit on this team 😂

Time to start throwing overhand.

It seems really hard to get any type of public league going this year.

Tried to start a BB10s with some friends.  Nobody else joined.

Can't get in a cutline or 12 team bestball on NFBC.  I wanted to do 6 but looks like I'll be lucky to get 3.

It's Sunday afternoon and it looks like the 12 teamer will only get 6 out of 12.  I guess that means there's no chance of another one going off at all.

Have my draft in roughly an hour.  Moving from 10 teams to 12 this year so a little nervous for that.  And of course I have the #1 pick and just no idea where to go with my strategy.  Naturally I will probably make several panic picks and one or two guys who are injured that I didn't know because I haven't done enough research.  

In summary, I will be in here tomorrow morning adding to the content.

Ranting about players still considered day to day but their respective teams have yet to put them on the Injured List when they have zero shot of playing opening day. I need to move them to my IL spot! 

Guys, we go through this “why isn’t _____ on the IL yet” routine every season. Players will not be placed on the IL until, most likely, right before their team’s first game. Going to be several more days in most cases.

Last night's Salary Cap (Auction) draft.

Easily the worst experience I ever had drafting in my life.  I have won or finished 2nd in the past 4 years.  Might as well have a bullseye sign on my forehead.  it became crystal clear to me that I wasn't going to get my picks, even if it meant other teams damaging their own just to spite me.

I wanted Tim Anderson, I am big on TA this year.  Thought I could get him for 24 or so.  Nope.  Bid into the stratosphere and closed at 31.

DJ Lemahieu.  My targeted pick and was hoping around 25.  Nope, Bid up to 31 again.

Paul Goldschmidt, my 1B sleeper.  Think he will bounce back. Bid Up to 20, I had to pay it.

Max Fried, got bid up to 17 instead of his 10-14 dollar price.  And on and on it went.

You might think these guys are just newbs but Soto only went for 48, Trout for 46, Mookie for 48.  Pretty reasonable.  I just avoided going for the top stars.  I would have if I had known.