Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

Yes, this includes myself...

All my players who are clearly hurt also play on teams that wait until 10 seconds before the game starts to put guys on the DL. So now I have to watch people take players on my watchlist. Piss me off

Posted Images

On 4/15/2021 at 3:27 AM, mks said:

They are going to experiment with a mound 61-6 from home plate in some game in the minors this yr. Image pitching your whole life on a mound 60-6 and then having to try to pitch on a mound a foot farther away? Of all these dumb gimmick rule changes this is the the dumbest of them all.  I image a lot of breaking balls bouncing a foot in front of the plate is all that will happen.

Idiotic idea, just ban the shift in some form like limiting infielders from being more than a foot in the outfield grass and keeping them in their traditional position, and the whole problem will go away. Hitters used to be judged on batting average, and the sabermetric analysis that led to dramatic increase of the shift that occurred forced the hitters to take the extreme all-or-nothing approach we see today. Organizations deserve a lot of the blame too for letting it go this far, but hitters were able to get away with striking out so much because well, every other guy is striking out all the time too. If hitters know they can actually get a ground ball through the infield, they won't have to always swing for the fences. I'm sick of seeing good hitters like Ohtani smash line drives into a waiting 2B in short right field, and even more angry when it happens constantly to the old, slow legends like Miggy and Pujols. F*** the shift. 

Edited by Richard Kimble
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, knifeparty said:

New SP streaming strategy: Start whoever is facing the Yankee's.

That's not new.  This has been going on for years.

80% chance they score under 3 runs with double digit Ks.

20% they light up the pitcher. 

They pad their run totals in blow outs vs bottom of the barrel middle reliever.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, this guy right here said:

That's not new.  This has been going on for years.

80% chance they score under 3 runs with double digit Ks.

20% they light up the pitcher. 

They pad their run totals in blow outs vs bottom of the barrel middle reliever.

Yankees are a very over rated line up . Bunch of wiffers up and down that line up. I expect beebs next weekend to get 14+ k easy. He might go all Kerry Wood on them and get 20 k

Edited by mks
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mks said:

Yankees are a very over rated line up . Bunch of wiffers up and down that line up. I expect beebs next weekend to get 14+ k easy. He might go all Kerry Wood on them and get 20 k

It will be a battle to see which team can muster one run to win it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Venting on behalf of Betts owners who finally got a chance to start him only to watch him strike out against (checks notes)...Jake Cronenworth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We get to reset our lineups on Friday which gives us an opportunity to add in the third reliever.  Put McGee in for the first time all year. Also had Clase in.  Negative points here we come!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mks said:

Yankees are a very over rated line up . Bunch of wiffers up and down that line up. I expect beebs next weekend to get 14+ k easy. He might go all Kerry Wood on them and get 20 k

Bieber went 4.2 IP, 7 ER against the Yankees in the playoff game last year and 1.2 IP, 5 ER against the Yanks in 2019

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

The guy in 1st place so far in my AL only league has this as his OF.

Nomar Mazara

Eli White

Taylor Trammell

Ramon Laureano

DJ Stewart

Ugh...I got one of these guys in my league.  Career year EVERY year.  It's infuriating.  Then he offers his chumps for studs that are off to slow starts and thinks he's shrewd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be a rule about MLB teams posting lineups . The dodgers are absolutely ridiculous with this. I shouldn’t have to choose to start a guy who plays at 1pm because the dodgers are too full of themselves to post their starting lineup and I don’t know if my guy is gonna be in it .  With all the DFS games and gambling they should absolutely have to post their lineup a minimum of 3 hours before game time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, treyjuice said:

There should be a rule about MLB teams posting lineups . The dodgers are absolutely ridiculous with this. I shouldn’t have to choose to start a guy who plays at 1pm because the dodgers are too full of themselves to post their starting lineup and I don’t know if my guy is gonna be in it .  With all the DFS games and gambling they should absolutely have to post their lineup a minimum of 3 hours before game time. 

Agreed! Dave Roberts is the absolute worst (and he has been for years). Without a doubt one of my least favorite manager from a fantasy perspective. And this has nothing to do with trying to gain a competitive advantage, it's just him being an a$$hole. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FUM said:

Hi I’m Wade Miley and I’m a dumb dumb that serves up homers to loser catchers hitting .200.

One persons trash is another’s treasure.🤓

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Agreed! Dave Roberts is the absolute worst (and he has been for years). Without a doubt one of my least favorite manager from a fantasy perspective. And this has nothing to do with trying to gain a competitive advantage, it's just him being an a$$hole. 

I don’t know if I would have started McKinstry over Solak or A. Garcia anyway today, but it would have been nice to have the option. LA couldn’t get the lineup for the 4:10 start out before Texas first pitch at 2:35 though. If I was in a bigger money league this would steer me away from dodgers players tbh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

8 guys on the IL.  All top half picks.  Some guys haven't had 1. How?? What??

Cheer up.  The day is coming where those that haven't had anyone on IL will get a couple. And you will only have 4 or 5.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, FootballFan101 said:

Bieber went 4.2 IP, 7 ER against the Yankees in the playoff game last year and 1.2 IP, 5 ER against the Yanks in 2019

So he be primed and ready to seek revenge on them. This years Yankee line up looks very sad to be honest with you. They Need Luke Voit back.  How you keep hitting A Hicks 3 is managerial malpractice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...