NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

Yes, this includes myself...

All my players who are clearly hurt also play on teams that wait until 10 seconds before the game starts to put guys on the DL. So now I have to watch people take players on my watchlist. Piss me off

Posted Images

Finally had enough of getting nothing from Tyler O'Neill and dropped him last night. 2 Bombs today - FML. I don't know why I do fantasy sometimes.  🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, mks said:

Everyday I wake up with a optimistic outlook for the days games. I keep telling myself Its still april . Its still april  things will get better  and everyday I get my a** kicked. Today I have Verdugo Trout Correa all sitting the bench. I am grossly down to most of my lg leaders in games played and to top it all off I just lost Ryu who just got pulled. I losing my will to even want to play this out this yr. We do have a no tanking rule in our lg thou so I can't tank for the 1st pick nxt yr. If caught tanking you automaticially get last pick and lose 1 of your keepers

Good news?  No need to intentionally tank at this rate, amirite?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Crusaderfan said:

Finally had enough of getting nothing from Tyler O'Neill and dropped him last night. 2 Bombs today - FML. I don't know why I do fantasy sometimes.  🤬

WTF...I dropped him yesterday too. lol. 

shakys team 

cut 

. yesterday

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 1

I got completely curbed stomped this week due to my utterly dickless offense. Literally the worst fantasy week of my life.  Today all I needed was one run scored in 14 F'n innings by Acuna or Freeman to salvage a point. But no, the two "studs", who statistically took the week off, capped their craptastic seven days by allowing the second division Dbacks to sweep them in a doubleheader at home.  One f'n hit?! Jesus H. Christ. I hope they feel shame.  I really do.  

Oh and to top it off,  I get home from the 9th ring of hell that is Costco on a Sunday to find that Ryu, gelatinous slob that he is, got pulled from his start due to straining his a**?!  You got to be f'n kidding me. 

Edited by CardiacDO
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

The pool douchebag has had 11 straight days of sub 2 ERA. 

My opponent had 7 straight starters have outings of 1 ER or less. All the while his team hit near .300 this week. What a scumbag. 

10 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Where has all the offense gone?  In so many of my leagues, there are teams with less than a 3.00 ERA for the season.  Lots of teams with a sub .800 OPS.  

Ask Rawlings?

1 hour ago, Miketrout009 said:

LoL is the league batting average down or what?

I am hitting 0.150 for this week and my opponent has 0.160 batting average. Meanwhile he has 5 HR for the entire week and I only manage 4 HR. 

League avg is down to .232 from .245 last year and .252 in 2019. OPS is also down to .701 from .740 in 2020 and .758 in 2029 🤢

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CardiacDO said:

My opponent had 7 straight starters have outings of 1 ER or less. All the while his team hit near .300 this week. What a scumbag. 

I'm not talking about Cole,Bieber, dehrom here either.....

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

WTF...I dropped him yesterday too. lol. 

shakys team 

cut 

. yesterday

Make that 3 of us!! Dropped him last night at 7:13 pm.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Crusaderfan said:

You hate yourself. Just like all of us. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, mehtavg2000 said:

We get a weekend reboot so I was ecstatic to put that pumpkin Laureano on my bench before the Friday game.  He hits 2 HRs over the weekend after doing nothing at all.  FML.  

This is HALLOWEEN, this is HALLOWEEN, Pumpkins scream in the dead of night...

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, CardiacDO said:

I got completely curbed stomped this week due to my utterly dickless offense. Literally the worst fantasy week of my life.  Today all I needed was one run scored in 14 F'n innings by Acuna or Freeman to salvage a point. But no, the two "studs", who statistically took the week off, capped their craptastic seven days by allowing the second division Dbacks to sweep them in a doubleheader at home.  One f'n hit?! Jesus H. Christ. I hope they feel shame.  I really do.  

Oh and to top it off,  I get home from the 9th ring of hell that is Costco on a Sunday to find that Ryu, gelatinous slob that he is, got pulled from his start due to straining his a**?!  You got to be f'n kidding me. 

I thoroughly enjoyed your rant and am wondering if you offer a subscription.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

It was an amazing rant - it had me laughing.

• Like 1

Sometimes, before you threaten to throw a brick through your opponents car window, you just have to laugh.   Went to bed last night  with the solace of knowing the only way I lose one of the three f'n points I scrounged last week was if the closer of the team down 7-1 in the 7th gets a save. Woke up to an 11-2 loss. Amazing. Truly amazing. 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

HA! Until my team hits above ,160 for a day, I'll be going off like a pack of firecrackers. 

13 hours ago, laracco said:

Make that 3 of us!! Dropped him last night at 7:13 pm.

I've got zero sympathy here, you held or kept him for 2 weeks on the IL only to activate him and cut him one day after his return? It makes no sense. You got what you deserved. I can relate to the feeling because I have OF COURSE done the same thing many times. I am usually patient, but dropped CJ Cron from a CI spot when I saw Renato Nunez got promoted, figuring they're similar players and Nunez would be safer, what on Earth was I thinking there. Like a week later Nunez is DFA'd and Cron is ready to take off. Call me Mr. Dumas.