NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

Yes, this includes myself...

All my players who are clearly hurt also play on teams that wait until 10 seconds before the game starts to put guys on the DL. So now I have to watch people take players on my watchlist. Piss me off

Posted Images

I am just not meant to own Dodgers!!! 16 runs with Seager and Betts you would think "Wow I am gonna love this box score"  Then when you look at the box score to see those 2 basically did F ALL and the guy you dropped 2 weeks ago AJ "POS" Pollock had 8 RBI's.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Picard56 said:

ummm, was the gameday thread deleted??

lol it must have crashed, I'm going for a 7th inning stretch and hope its back in awhile. Between the day starting on a total Yahoo! scoring crash and ensuing injury madness across baseball, this seems a fitting moment to pause the commentating for now 😉

• Thanks 1

My pitching has me in first place somehow, but all my hitters are either hurt or under producing. Technically Yelich is my only hitter on the IL but that will probably change tomorrow. Story took one off the hand today, and LouBob injury looks like it'll take some time to heal. Add Burnes and Ryu to the list of IL guys on the pitching side of things. Hopefully my team is just getting all the injuries and cold streaks out of the way early, and all will be well by the time playoffs role around.

2 hours ago, fatbob166 said:

My pitching has me in first place somehow, but all my hitters are either hurt or under producing. Technically Yelich is my only hitter on the IL but that will probably change tomorrow. Story took one off the hand today, and LouBob injury looks like it'll take some time to heal. Add Burnes and Ryu to the list of IL guys on the pitching side of things. Hopefully my team is just getting all the injuries and cold streaks out of the way early, and all will be well by the time playoffs role around.

Last 2 weeks are making me paranoid with worry about whos missing games next. :

Mookie Betts hit on wrist out 4 games still sitting out games every 4th or 5th day

Matt Olson get hit on the hand out a few games and a week later hit in the Eye out a few more games

Teoscar Hernadez out 2 weeks with covid

Yadiar Molina hurt foot

Omar Navarez hurt hammy

Corbin Burnes out now with undisclosed  with no news when he will pitch again.

Chris Paddack Undisclosed same when will he pitch again

Jean Segura pulled quad

Franmil Reyes Having a baby

And now just today:

Jesus Luzardo broken finger playing video games

Edwin Diaz unknown injury

I,m  about to cry seriously this season sucks

8 hours ago, Kevk44 said:

Dodgers scoring 14 runs…YAY!!!! I bet Betts is murdering it today…

0-4 burger

I had Duffy at one point, but I had to clear a spot to bring someone off the IL. Oops. 

That said, my battle with the IL is out of hand. I've already been missing Cody Bellinger and Ke'Bryan Hayes for all but a few games this season, but I had rallied from a slow start to contention in my money league. I was so deep in starting pitching that I was looking to trade one. 

Then this past weekend happened. The worst of it was Dustin May, arguably my best pitcher, likely blowing out his elbow. Marcus Stroman was already a question mark with the calf muscle problem that took him out of his last start early. Then Edwin Diaz hurt his back and tried to pitch through it. Oh, and the Royals yanked Jake Junis out of the rotation even though he has been really good. 

Offensively, I lost Alejandro Kirk to a hip injury and J.D. Davis hurt his hand. Kirk is on the IL and Davis's status questionable. 

I could probably muddle through the rest of it, but the May injury is a killer.  

10 hours ago, mks said:

Last 2 weeks are making me paranoid with worry about whos missing games next. :

Franmil Reyes Having a baby

That's a medical miracle! Do we know if its a boy, girl or maybe they'll name him "Junior"??? 😉

JUNIOR.jpeg.1cf4eed091a6f8ec22dcd3989093f476.jpeg

• Haha 3
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Richard Kimble said:

That's a medical miracle! Do we know if its a boy, girl or maybe they'll name him "Junior"??? 😉

JUNIOR.jpeg.1cf4eed091a6f8ec22dcd3989093f476.jpeg

They seriously need to have a list of players who are having babys and the due dates so we can know if they will miss any games that week for weekly lgs

Edited by mks
  • Like 1

Sometimes I wonder why I play this game. Done deal. Dustin May will undergo Tommy John surgery. Not only is that a killer for this season. It takes away a great value as a keeper next year, too, because you have to figure he will miss at least half of 2022. 

5 hours ago, Words said:

Sometimes I wonder why I play this game. Done deal. Dustin May will undergo Tommy John surgery. Not only is that a killer for this season. It takes away a great value as a keeper next year, too, because you have to figure he will miss at least half of 2022. 

On 5/3/2021 at 9:32 AM, fatbob166 said:

i can't take the daily a** whippings much longer

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, mks said:

i can't take the daily a** whippings much longer

I ,m thinking of quiting Fantesy baseball for the yr and just go play golf everyday. no checking updates and reading bad news everyday. it starts to wear you down. A no more looking at the number 0 either. the number 0 is a very unhappy number

Edited by mks
36 minutes ago, mks said:

I ,m thinking of quiting Fantesy baseball for the yr and just go play golf everyday. no checking updates and reading bad news everyday. it starts to wear you down. A no more looking at the number 0 either. the number 0 is a very unhappy number

Don't get so down, take a mental day or two of rest like you said. Set and forget and walk away. I'll give you a nickels worth of free advice-its a long haul. Its easy to say be patient its early, but in fantasy baseball, endurance is essential to winning. Its such a long season and many teams go bad at the start and their managers think they can't turn it around. It seems like the hitters aren't hitting, pitchers not pitching, every move you made on draft day and after was wrong. The reality is in between, there will surely be good days ahead, and other managers looking good will have their adversities.

You need to be objective about where your holes are and how to fill them. Instead of looking at hot talent like Kirilloff you may be missing out on in envy, look for the struggling players out there who can produce and be had for cheap. Don't panic on your stars who will themselves turn it around, unless there is real evidence to believe they won't. Why give up on Lindor for pennies on the dollar yet, as hard as it is to stomach right now.  Maybe this is contrary to the vent and rant theme but I see so many people who don't have the mental toughness to deal with some of the ups and downs, when you as a manager just need to do what you can and accept the results. You can't play the game for these players, you can just learn lessons and try to compete. There's so much nuance to the game based on the makeup of your team, league, where you are in the standings, but if you feel it slipping away, you should try to screw your courage to goalpost. What is your overall philosophy, how you chose to manage, all stem from your confidence like other things in life. This is just a game, after all. Confidence=Success; have fun and enjoy the ride no matter what. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Don't get so down, take a mental day or two of rest like you said. Set and forget and walk away. I'll give you a nickels worth of free advice-its a long haul. Its easy to say be patient its early, but in fantasy baseball, endurance is essential to winning. Its such a long season and many teams go bad at the start and their managers think they can't turn it around. It seems like the hitters aren't hitting, pitchers not pitching, every move you made on draft day and after was wrong. The reality is in between, there will surely be good days ahead, and other managers looking good will have their adversities.

You need to be objective about where your holes are and how to fill them. Instead of looking at hot talent like Kirilloff you may be missing out on in envy, look for the struggling players out there who can produce and be had for cheap. Don't panic on your stars who will themselves turn it around, unless there is real evidence to believe they won't. Why give up on Lindor for pennies on the dollar yet, as hard as it is to stomach right now.  Maybe this is contrary to the vent and rant theme but I see so many people who don't have the mental toughness to deal with some of the ups and downs, when you as a manager just need to do what you can and accept the results. You can't play the game for these players, you can just learn lessons and try to compete. There's so much nuance to the game based on the makeup of your team, league, where you are in the standings, but if you feel it slipping away, you should try to screw your courage to goalpost. What is your overall philosophy, how you chose to manage, all stem from your confidence like other things in life. This is just a game, after all. Confidence=Success; have fun and enjoy the ride no matter what. 🙂

Way people gripe on here (and only month into the season!) this post should be pinned to the top. Well said!👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 1

So this past week in my H2H points league I faced my #1 opponent, a friend I've played with for years and we're always competitive. Both of us were currently tied for overall first as well as we were both 3-0. So it was close at first, but I started to pull ahead as the week progressed. When we get to Friday, he streamed a pitcher and pulled pretty close to me, though I was still ahead by 20ish points. But when I looked at his lineup for Saturday, I saw he was going all-in and streaming and throwing 7 guys against me that day. My jaw dropped. By Sunday, if I didn't stream, I would have had 9 starters to his 18 total. He DOUBLED me in starters due to streaming. 12 is our league's max, by the way, but you can loophole the system if you surpass the max on a single day. I considered streaming as well for Sat & Sun, but he had already picked the best available for Sat and I really could only afford to drop 1, maaaybe 2 players to grab streamers. But against his 7, I thought, "what's the point," and didn't bother, feeling like I had no chance.

By the end of the day Saturday, his streaming had backfired as a he had some big blowups that subtracted a big chunk of points in pitching. I was now up over 50 points and still had a starter, Trevor Rogers, going Sunday. Since he had hit the max starts he couldn't start any pitchers Sunday. I was confident I had a win in the bag.

Come Sunday, Rogers got me a big whopping 3 points after a loss (still positive at least), and my offense struggled. But then Bard happened. Negative 18ish points. After that mess, I had only gotten 6 points total for the day. My friend's offense, on the other hand, exploded. He has both Eugenio Suarez and, more importantly, AJ Pollock. The rest of his batters did well, too. Finally, the last game of the day started: Mets and Phils. My players were all done for the day. My opponent had Conforto and Hoskins. I checked our scores sometime in the game and he was only 10 behind me. I stopped looking. I didn't watch the game. I went and played video games to get my mind off the ridiculous day and Bard's immense failure.

Then I click the scoreboard of the game and see a score of 8-4, bottom of the 8th. Frightened, I checked our scoreboard. He was only 4 points behind now. Bottom of the 8th finishes. Top of the 9th. Please just get through the batters quickly. OK, bottom of the 9th. Hoskins isn't due up unless the Phils get some baserunners. Then Diaz pulls a Bard. Walk. Hit. 2 outs. Hoskins at the plate. Diaz is wetting the bed, but I can still get this. An out would be best, but I'll take a walk, maybe a single. Then the unthinkable happens. Homerun. I was shocked. I texted my friend to congratulate him. I was so shell-shocked. I lost. He replied that he had given up after Saturday and not even looked at the scores, then tuned in to the game himself. I tuned out. We texted a little back and forth and he told me, "they're reviewing the play." And then...it's overturned to a double. Familia gets the final out. What's the score now?

We tied. So now we're both in 1st, with a record of 3-0-1.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

The number 0 is starting to dance in my head at night. I mean how can this team

Murphy C oak

Rizzo 1b

Lowe 2b

C Seager SS

Machado 3b

Gallo Of

F Reyes OF

Betts OF

MI Torres

CI Cron

Dh Arozarena

DH K Tucker

Be 10th of 12 teams in Hrs? 9th in rbi, 9th th in runs scored, 7th in Ba  I am punting steals so last in stealsI can't buy a Homer most days.

Edited by mks
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

TL;DR versions:

OldTemptingBuckeyebutterfly-max-1mb.gif

**On May 22, 2002 I decided to bench an underperforming OF named Shawn Green that I felt like I had wasted a premium pick on.  Did I whine and quit fantasy baseball after I saw what happened the very next day?  Noooo sirree, I kept fighting!!!  After I finished crying!!!!

Edited by Overlord