NBC Sports Edge Forums

I took a few years off Fantasy Baseball and decided to dive into it again this year, I missed it. Came back only to find out EVERYBODY is getting hurt! I can’t recall this many injuries so early in the year. Too many IL stints and DTD tags on these guys.. oh well RIP to my Baseball investments this summer. 

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

Yes, this includes myself...

All my players who are clearly hurt also play on teams that wait until 10 seconds before the game starts to put guys on the DL. So now I have to watch people take players on my watchlist. Piss me off

Posted Images

what a brutal day. Luis Robert isn't just out months he is still listed DTD in Yahoo so we can't DL him. Hiura gets demoted. Had to cut May after his TJ pronouncement. MInor league baseball starts today so there is some good news, Maybe Hiura finally gets some hits?

8 hours ago, mks said:

Be 10th of 12 teams in Hrs? 9th in rbi, 9th th in runs scored, 7th in Ba  I am punting steals so last in stealsI can't buy a Homer most days.

We are 17% thru the season... lots of baseball yet to be played as well as many hot streaks yet to be had. patience child.

Will the injuries ever end? Already missing Voit, Mondesi, and Merryweather. Springer is definitely not fully healthy. Yaz out. and now Hoerner. I can't even field a complete lineup today.

Having 8 guys on the IL at the same time at 3 different times already this year in a keeper forever league with only 8 bench spots has really been a hard pill to swallow after I punted last year due to at one point having 12 on the IL at one time.

• Like 1
Just now, gaminggoat said:

Having 8 guys on the IL at the same time at 3 different times already this year in a keeper forever league with only 8 bench spots has really been a hard pill to swallow after I punted last year due to at one point having 12 on the IL at one time.

It's getting hard to have fun with fantasy baseball when every day brings 5-10 more IL stints.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, FearTheHawk said:

It's getting hard to have fun with fantasy baseball when every day brings 5-10 more IL stints.

Yeah, this year combined with last year has definitely turned me into a more casual fantasy player that doesn't follow as closely as I used to. I wouldn't mind as much if I was rebuilding but I actually think I have a fairly decent team that should be able to compete but can't because no one can stay healthy. I know it happens it's just hit me hard lately seeing another guy on my team succumb to Tommy John while also having someone fracture their finger playing video games. 

26 minutes ago, FearTheHawk said:

I have one guy that tried to sympathize/ compare my Dustin May injury with his Trevor story one. He was serious.

• Like 1
Just now, Cesare13 said:

I have one guy that tried to sympathize/ compare my Dustin May injury with his Trevor story one. He was serious.

I feel bad for the May and Robert owners. In my case I have 4 hitters on the IL but all of them are potentially back by the end of next week. So I have to hope for a 6-6 week this week and then back to full strength.

in a NFBC draft and hold I have 7 pitchers on the IL.  having to resort to starting Chris Flexen and Adrian Houser every start just to get some Ks and a hopeful W (I had to look them up on my roster so I could spell their names)

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, jb_power said:

in a NFBC draft and hold I have 7 pitchers on the IL.  having to resort to starting Chris Flexen and Adrian Houser every start just to get some Ks and a hopeful W (I had to look them up on my roster so I could spell their names)

Sounds like Flexen and Houser will be the next SPs to go on the IL.

Thank you for the update and keep 'em coming!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, FearTheHawk said:

My money league decided two switch from daily add/drops to waivers three times per week for some inexplicable reason. It has been brutal with the injuries. The league is also extremely deep, so the pickings are slim.

Saturday night, I lost May, Kirk, and Tony Watson (I told you it is deep). I also had Edwin Diaz, J.D. Davis, and Brandon Crawford active, but with injuries that could send them to the IL. I had to put in eight waiver claims Sunday night and hope some came through. I got four guys, cut one to get back to legal only to see Davis go on the IL after the rosters locked. 

Now I'm dead last in the waiver order with one open roster spot and nine players on the IL, including Cody Bellinger and Ke'Bryan Hayes. One smart thing my league did was go to an unlimited IL last year and keep it this year. (Otherwise, I would have cut May already.)

Is it any wonder that I'm using this thread a lot the last few days? :)

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

ouch yelich harper roberts. sure am glad i got to pick "my" guys in auction. benintendi dozier and bell to the rescue. smh.

I have the same three, but add Eloy, Starling, Ke'Bryan and now DeGrom. Include that ticking time bomb arm of Tatis and it makes for a great start!

Edited by kwelch
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, kwelch said:

I have the same three, but add Eloy, Starling, Ke'Bryan and now DeGrom. Include that ticking time bomb arm of Tatis and it makes for a great start!

monster team on paper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Rant; Lack of injuries. I have so many guys coming off the DL I have no idea who to cut! I'm flush with talent and nowhere to put them! Can't cut Ryu! Anyone else? 

Joking of course, this year blows..

Edited by CardiacDO
1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

monster team on paper.

That's what I thought after the keeper draft.

Just lost d’Arnaud & Robert, was happy to put Yelich back in my lineup for this week but that clearly was the wrong move and now there’s a chance he’s gone for a while. Also lost deGrom’s Tuesday start in a weekly lock points league, and who knows if this doesn’t extend into next week. 

All this talk about the IL , my dynasty league we have 5 IL spots. 

Roberts Eloy, Strasburg, Carrasco & Clevinger = 5 

Then add in. these 5
Strahm, Freeland, Rosenthal, Mazara & Polanco = 10 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, FearTheHawk said:

Will the injuries ever end?

The way this year is going, no.

Health has become the most important category.

Edited by Overlord

Drafted Mookie, Robert, Springer and Kyle Lewis in a 4 OF league and was thrilled.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Drafted Mookie, Robert, Springer and Kyle Lewis in a 4 OF league and was thrilled.

this song perfectly sums up this thread

Had Olson on the bench the game he got 3 hits and a homer cuz he was DTD. Didn't know he would play when the lineup locked.

Now I put him back in lineup and he puts up goose eggs against two BAL SPs who have ERAs north of 6.

Dafuq's dis.