NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

Yes, this includes myself...

Don't get so down, take a mental day or two of rest like you said. Set and forget and walk away. I'll give you a nickels worth of free advice-its a long haul. Its easy to say be patient its early, but

Posted Images

Team has been scuffling through weak offensive production with Yelich, Rendon, and Marte. Pitching keeping things competitive during most weekly matchups (H2H league).

First Rendon comes back and starts hitting. News is Yelich to be activated soon. Marte making progress. Things looking good.

Then, in a matter of three days

1. Dustin May done until 2023

2. Rendon out again after bashing a ball off his knee

3. Yelich out again, indefinitely this time.

This season sucks.

• Like 1

This season DOES suck!

Hiura, Blackmon, Ozuna, Biggio all on my team & ridiculously under performing

Bellinger, Yaz, Chilsholm all hurt

Lamet on/off again 

deGrom losing a start yesterday

I’d been cruising along kind of okay watching other teams’ rosters get depleted by injuries and feeling mostly lucky.    Not anymore though with Robert, Castellanos, deGrom, d’Arneau, and Yelich (again) welcoming me to the injury club.  It seems like every year we all say “how bad the injuries are this year” but this time it’s getting true for me.  

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, knifeparty said:

Hey Mr. France I love you and all but how about you get a hit sometime in the next week or so!!!  

He's retreated faster than a Frenchman to the Marne. 

Edited by CardiacDO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm sitting here staring at my weak MI spot in an AL only league and comparing Amed Rosario to Cesar Hernandez like there is any difference between either player, they both suck and so does having to sift through names like Mendick and Holt just to get ABs, and don't even get me started on the 2nd catcher spot 🤢🤮

9 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

I'm sitting here staring at my weak MI spot in an AL only league and comparing Amed Rosario to Cesar Hernandez like there is any difference between either player, they both suck and so does having to sift through names like Mendick and Holt just to get ABs, and don't even get me started on the 2nd catcher spot 🤢🤮

Sorry to burst your bubble but didn't Holt get put on IL ?  One less stud to choose from.

12 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

I can deal with guys underperforming. That is on me. I made choices that didn't pan out. 

Watching the injuries pile up is just incredibly frustrating. Alex Verdugo was scratched from today's lineup with back trouble. My offense is now missing Verdugo, Cody Bellinger, Ke'Bryan Hayes, Alejandro Kirk, Jean Segura, and J.D. Davis. My pitching just lost Dustin May for the season and beyond. I really would have liked to see what this team could do if it can get anywhere close to healthy. 

Edited by Words

I keep reading these vents and WISHING I was fortunate enough to have only the injuries people are listing :(.

4 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

This season DOES suck!

Hiura, Blackmon, Ozuna, Biggio all on my team & ridiculously under performing

Bellinger, Yaz, Chilsholm all hurt

Lamet on/off again 

deGrom losing a start yesterday

... and now Verdugo missing time with a bad back.  Yep - FML

spacer.png

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)

Of course I get to play against Means this week.....

Edited by ToO_BaD
6 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

I have played in numerous “only” leagues we never had those dreaded CI or MI spots. They are difficult enough with just the regular INF. Do you use 3 or 5 OF? 

1 hour ago, ToO_BaD said:

Of course I get to play against Means this week.....

Hope it wasn’t a point league. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2021 at 3:06 PM, colepenhagen said:

ouch yelich harper roberts. sure am glad i got to pick "my" guys in auction. benintendi dozier and bell to the rescue. smh.

forgot i own voit and now castellanos is inj.

so basically my 1st 2nd 3rd 5th and 6th rd picks are inj

Edited by colepenhagen
Posted (edited)

Holy crap... one of my fantasy teams has gone 1/34 at the plate tonight.  Only counting stat is 1 RBI off a sac fly.

Edited by LJJr

Betts and Seager have been so disappointing this year.  I really thought Seager was going to end up being a top 20 pick next year but so far I was dead wrong.  Long season I know so maybe there is still hope.   

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

Betts and Seager have been so disappointing this year.  I really thought Seager was going to end up being a top 20 pick next year but so far I was dead wrong.  Long season I know so maybe there is still hope.   

Betts looks lost. Traded him week 2. Really glad I did.

• Like 1
On 5/4/2021 at 8:41 PM, knifeparty said:

Hey Mr. France I love you and all but how about you get a hit sometime in the next week or so!!!  

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, knifeparty said:

I picked Betts 4th overall ( over Trout Turner  Cole deGrom) .  Then I picked up Giolito pick 21 then I took Seager pick 28 with Turner Story Tatis Lindor and Bo all off the board at SS and thought I was all set. I am in 10th place of 12 teams for this team LOL

53 minutes ago, Overlord said:

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, knifeparty said:

one positive note thou about Betts and Seager is they won't lose playing time or their 1-2 hitting positions over a long slump so keep them plugged in and pray it ain't to much longer they start hitting.

4 minutes ago, mks said:

I picked Betts 4th overall ( over Trout Turner  Cole deGrom) .  Then I picked up Giolito pick 21 then I took Seager pick 28 with Turner Story Tatis Lindor and Bo all off the board at SS and thought I was all set. I am in 10th place of 12 teams for this team LOL

Welp we both did the same exact thing with our picks of Betts and Seager.  I happened to take Harper over Giolito in the 2nd round and then Alonso in the 4th but I am really do regret not taking Trout.  I even told myself just take Trout just take Trout but nope I wanted to be greedy and get those 20+ SBs.  

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, mks said:

Has it occurred to you that maybe you are?

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Has it occurred to you that maybe you are?

A crappy manager . Yep many times LOL >