NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, this includes myself...

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

Don't get so down, take a mental day or two of rest like you said. Set and forget and walk away. I'll give you a nickels worth of free advice-its a long haul. Its easy to say be patient its early, but

Posted Images

I guess more of a rant then a vent, as I like this.

Playing some kind of big best ball leagues.  $150 buy in.  Doesn't keep some people from coming out of the draft almost drawing dead.

One guy in the league I just finished will be playing with 3 outfielders in a 5 of league until springer gets back. He drafted a bunch of guys who are injured and have been sent down.  

One of those 3 is Robbie Grossman.

• Like 1

All my players who are clearly hurt also play on teams that wait until 10 seconds before the game starts to put guys on the DL. So now I have to watch people take players on my watchlist. Piss me off

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

All my players who are clearly hurt also play on teams that wait until 10 seconds before the game starts to put guys on the DL. So now I have to watch people take players on my watchlist. Piss me off

I feel this in my bones right now. Anxiety is high. 😂

56 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Like Eloy Jimenez, who has already had surgery, is out 5-6 months, but still showing DTD on ESPN? As I watch more and more players come off of the board. Or Dinelson Limet, who is shout OUT until at least April 16th, but does not have an IL designation in CBS, so can't put him on the IL? I know that it's because the teams have not designated them IL yet, but it's still irritating.

Doing my 13th and final draft tonight. All but 1 are Fantrax 12 teamers. Here are my draft positions I’ve been given:

9, 9, 9, 9, 9

10, 10, 10, 10

Thanks, Fantrax, for another year of craptastic draft positions.

13 hours ago, GamblorLA said:

I guess more of a rant then a vent, as I like this.

Playing some kind of big best ball leagues.  $150 buy in.  Doesn't keep some people from coming out of the draft almost drawing dead.

One guy in the league I just finished will be playing with 3 outfielders in a 5 of league until springer gets back. He drafted a bunch of guys who are injured and have been sent down.  

One of those 3 is Robbie Grossman.

Guy in my league kept Bieber, then drafted Scherzer, then...Zach Eflin, Drew Smyly and that’s it.  Like, I get waiting on pitching since you got 2 aces, but what is the point of rostering those  2 if you’re almost punting pitching cats otherwise?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Who are you eyeing?  

Just now, Overlord said:

Who are you eyeing?  

Webb wittgren fairbanks, France

already missed haniger, crease, Trevor Rogers

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Webb wittgren fairbanks, France

already missed haniger, crease, Trevor Rogers

The leagues I play in are too damned deep!

**Every one of those guys except Webb was auction-bought last week.  

Edited by Overlord
11 minutes ago, Bash Bros said:

Yes, this includes myself...

AAAD.jpg.d5ee65fb8cf105a69b8e406943fc044d.jpg

Yeah I don't get the point of this!  Why can't MLB implement something that lets teams put players on the IL retroactive to the first game of the season?  Don't they know we fantasy players need to make F'N add/drops!

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

Yeah I don't get the point of this!  Why can't MLB implement something that lets teams put players on the IL retroactive to the first game of the season?  Don't they know we fantasy players need to make F'N add/drops!

It all comes down to some front office types who are too lazy to put in the paperwork until they absolutely have to... hell, they're probably purposefully dragging their feet because they don't own the guy in fantasy.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, 89Topps said:

Guy in my league kept Bieber, then drafted Scherzer, then...Zach Eflin, Drew Smyly and that’s it.  Like, I get waiting on pitching since you got 2 aces, but what is the point of rostering those  2 if you’re almost punting pitching cats otherwise?

Madness.  

There are several examples.  This one isn't as disastrous.

But in best ball a guy took Sanchez and I think Contreras as his catchers.  These are fine picks IMO.  But no back ups.  So he spent draft capital to dominate catcher, but it'll be nullified because even consistent players have 0 and negative weeks. Gary Sanchez is going to have weeks where he scores like -15. This guy would seriously have improved his team by adding even a minor league or retired player to at least get zeros that week.

On the other side of the coin, one guy had 3 back up catchers and 2 guys to back up his entire infield.

I thought bestball might be dead because I've heard a lot of podcasters spilling the beans on good strategy, but long live bestball.

Do 2 longtime keeper leagues every year. This year they both held their  respective drafts Sunday night at 7 pm. I missed both as I laid down for a quick nap at 3pm and woke up 12hours later

• Haha 4
20 hours ago, billofwash said:

Did ESPN just start charging for Cockroft's weekly fantasy forecaster ?  I viewed it earlier today.

Yup, you have to have espn+. stinks. Seems like everything nowadays is behind a paywall.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Hanghow said:

It all comes down to some front office types who are too lazy to put in the paperwork until they absolutely have to... hell, they're probably purposefully dragging their feet because they don't own the guy in fantasy.

That is as good of a theory as any, but it is driving me insane. 

I've got Eduardo Rodriguez and Rafael Dolis on my money league team. Both are expected to open the season on the IL. Through a weird quirk in our league, I have too many players currently on my roster. I have to be down to the limit before the games start tomorrow or I get zeroes for the day due to an illegal roster. I shouldn't have to cut anybody, but these damn teams are waiting so long, I might have to do exactly that. 

12 hours ago, knifeparty said:

I just keep telling myself Zac Gallen found some miracle healing cream and that's why they haven't added him to the DL yet!!!!

Yes. They're never going to DL him. ever.  For God's sake, will they seriously hurry up!  everyone else got DLed this morning and almost all the guys I was wanted were picked up!

Also, thanks to injuries, rainouts, virus and no National League DL, I'm now missing Soto, Voit, Cruz, Mondesi, Diaz and Gallen from my opening day roster. Yeah, it's only opening day, but still! 

ahh, if feels good to bitch about baseball again.

12 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

Yes. They're never going to DL him. ever.  For God's sake, will they seriously hurry up!  everyone else got DLed this morning and almost all the guys I was wanted were picked up!

Also, thanks to injuries, rainouts, virus and no National League DL, I'm now missing Soto, Voit, Cruz, Mondesi, Diaz and Gallen from my opening day roster. Yeah, it's only opening day, but still! 

ahh, if feels good to bitch about baseball again.

Gallen owner here watching as there is now a newly named closer on the wire with filthy stuff that I could pick up the minute he's put on the IL. This is bullsh*t

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

Gallen owner here watching as there is now a newly named closer on the wire with filthy stuff that I could pick up the minute he's put on the IL. This is bullsh*t

Who's the newly named closer with filthy stuff, if you don't mind me asking? In case I missed something. 

32 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

Oh wait, I see who you're talking about.

who is the pure filth turned closer?