NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

Yes, this includes myself...

All my players who are clearly hurt also play on teams that wait until 10 seconds before the game starts to put guys on the DL. So now I have to watch people take players on my watchlist. Piss me off

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Clase and Trivino owner.  That’s all.

Ugh. Me too.  Gotta love the 9 er in 0.1 to go along with EVERYONE  else on other teams  pitching 7ip with 12 k gems.  It's infuriating.

Need to draft elite aces like manea and wade miley

• Like 1
Just now, Dr. Whom said:

Need to draft elite aces like manea and wade miley

The "do not draft " list for pitchers would have made for an all ace,  sub 1 era staff.

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Guy picks up Miley vs me, while I have Clase & his blow up. 🤷‍♂️

This is the third time this year I have watched Cleveland's infield defense butcher a Clase appearance.  That is going to mess with a young guy's head.

I also question the heavy usage of Clase and Karinchak in April and May.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Overlord said:

This is the third time this year I have watched Cleveland's infield defense butcher a Clase appearance.  That is going to mess with a young guy's head.

I also question the heavy usage of Clase and Karinchak in April and May.

I wouldn’t question their usage. Tito Francona is one of the best managers in baseball. You’re guy on a fantasy baseball forum. 

Clase throws a triple digit cutter. His head won’t figure into things a lot. 

1 hour ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Clase and Trivino owner.  That’s all.

Clase will lose his job soon. Trivino I think already has.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

I wouldn’t question their usage. Tito Francona is one of the best managers in baseball. You’re guy on a fantasy baseball forum.

You don't see this old chestnut very often these days, but I absolutely love it when I do.  It manages to combine the ad hominem, appeal to authority, and petitio principii fallacies into one.

Being a manager of a baseball team doesn't make you infallible in regards to medical/health matters anymore than being an umpire means you never get a call wrong.  Not only has Clase worked like 5 of the last 7, but I believe he warmed up and then sat back down in on one of the "off" days.

I'll go ahead and point out that I'm concerned.  

**I can remember getting a similar reaction in 2018/19 when I said the Rays usage pattern was going to ruin Yonny Chironos and other relievers within the next few years.  Which happened.

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, Overlord said:

You don't see this old chestnut very often these days, but I absolutely love it when I do.  It manages to combine the ad hominem, appeal to authority, and petitio principii fallacies into one.

Being a manager of a baseball team doesn't make you infallible in regards to medical/health matters anymore than being an umpire means you never get a call wrong.  Not only has Clase worked like 5 of the last 7, but I believe he warmed up and then sat back down in on one of the "off" days.

I'll go ahead and point out that I'm concerned.  

**I can remember getting a similar reaction in 2018/19 when I said the Rays usage pattern was going to ruin Yonny Chironos and other relievers within the next few years.  Which happened.

Suggesting that a manager knows better than a random fantasy baseball player is not a fallacy.  Appeal to authority fallacy is not any time someone defers to someone with more skills and knowledge.  

12 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Suggesting that a manager knows better than a random fantasy baseball player is not a fallacy.  Appeal to authority fallacy is not any time someone defers to someone with more skills and knowledge.  

The authority in question here (i.e., Francona) said he would try to use Wittgren, Karinchak and Clase in late innings in equipoise.  He has not done that.  I do think he’s lost some credibility as an “authority.”

i stream Miley against Cleveland he gives up 6 runs in 4 innings. My opponent streams Miley against Cleveland he throws a no hitter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Being a Cubs fan, I tend to look on the bright side of things; it's the glass half-full/half-empty debate. So I see a team line of 1/21 and think, gee, I'm happy that line includes 3 R, 2 RBI and 1 SB. But I am quite disappointed with the pitching side on a team that really needed a big day from a quartet of starters including Berrios against the Tigers, Castillo against the no-hit Indians, Montas against the Rays who were almost no-hit last night as well, and Christian Javier. Castillo particularly, I was hoping for a good outing that I could take to the trade market and try to salvage something, but he's just going to tank my season no matter what. Hey, at least Montas got the win despite blowing up my ratios. Oops, did it again...

• Like 1

Looks like another day where my team bats under .200 for the day with 0 homers. I think I might stick a fork in it. I,m cleaning my golf clubs right now.

First and last time I ever listen to Pollack when it comes to pitcher streams. David Peterson yesterday and Garrett Richards today, gonna cost me my week with the second most points in the league. Thanks Nick!!

18 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

First and last time I ever listen to Pollack when it comes to pitcher streams. David Peterson yesterday and Garrett Richards today, gonna cost me my week with the second most points in the league. Thanks Nick!!

So maybe not the first time?

13 minutes ago, billofwash said:

In order to field nine guys next week i had to make a trade that I normally wouldn't have done, Six of my nine starters on IL with long term injuries.  Eat me.

get the golf club ready

• Like 1

My team is batting a collective .175 on the week.

Looking at the "last 14 days" it's brutal.

Freddie Freeman: automatic out

Juan Soto: automatic out

Acuna: slump/now hurt

bichette: the only one worth mentioning as far as performers

vlad: mediocre at best

meadows: is there any point mentioning this loser with the other names above?  regardless he's my 3rd OFer

cory seager: average at best

rag tag bunch of overhyped losers