NBC Sports Edge Forums

You know the injury bs this season is bad when you have a player out because of lower body soreness (Reynolds), pick up a player (Marisnick), and he suffers a leg injury trying to make a play in CF in the first inning.  I know relying on Marisnick isn't the best, but with rain-outs and bogus injuries, desperate times.

Wouldn't have been as annoying either if it wasn't a wasted game played now too.  All I can do is laugh I guess....

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

Yes, this includes myself...

All my players who are clearly hurt also play on teams that wait until 10 seconds before the game starts to put guys on the DL. So now I have to watch people take players on my watchlist. Piss me off

Posted Images

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and frequent lightning.  Any tree or plant life is no more. Life has completely ceased to exist.  There....under the rubble....an abandoned cellphone powers up just for an instant......an update flashes across the screen:

"Kebryan hayes will take swings next week, and should be back shortly after that"

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
40 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

You know the injury bs this season is bad when you have a player out because of lower body soreness (Reynolds), pick up a player (Marisnick), and he suffers a leg injury trying to make a play in CF in the first inning.  I know relying on Marisnick isn't the best, but with rain-outs and bogus injuries, desperate times.

Wouldn't have been as annoying either if it wasn't a wasted game played now too.  All I can do is laugh I guess....

Home Depot has a sale on rope and ladders.  I might drop by.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and frequent lightning.  Any tree or plant life is no more. Life has completely ceased to exist.  There....under the rubble....an abandoned cellphone powers up just for an instant......an update flashes across the screen:

"Kebryan hayes will take swings next week, and should be back shortly after that"

I feel the same why with Mondesi. Like his face should be on a milk carton.

• Haha 1

Wow Nate Pearson has one job and one job only: to pitch...and he can’t even do that.

Rofl Greinke is toast.  9 hits in 4 IP?  You can only get away with topping out at 89mph for so long in the bigs.  What a loser.

• Haha 1
On 5/5/2021 at 4:42 PM, shakestreet said:

I have played in numerous “only” leagues we never had those dreaded CI or MI spots. They are difficult enough with just the regular INF. Do you use 3 or 5 OF? 

Hope it wasn’t a point league. 

It was.  Ended up winning the week by a half a point because he had Gregorius strike out his last at bat lol.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

yahoo vetoed a trade then let the trade go through the 2nd time. WTF yahoo is a joke.

bregman 4 presely and eduardo escobar. thanks.

That's disgusting

Edited by itaos
11 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

yahoo vetoed a trade then let the trade go through the 2nd time. WTF yahoo is a joke.

Yahoo...the bipolar search engine. 

15 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

Yahoo vetteos trades on its own? 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, billofwash said:

you are getting no sympathy from Ke'Bryan Hayes owners.

If you would kindly scroll  up a few comments,  you would see a similar tantrum by yours truly about this hayes fellow.

I've lost Degrom, May, C.Martinez and Kiroloff from one team since last week, now today you can add Tatis and Profor to the list of players out. We get 50 total transactions a season. I am already at 20 due to injuries/Covid and It's May 11th. 

I just checked my NL only squad a few minutes ago and saw that Jeff McNeil had 2 hits today. I came here to put something of optimism on his player outlook page. Then, I saw Rotoworld's main page where it says he left the game with an injury after he rounded 1st base on his 2nd hit. 

So now I'm here in the vent forum trying to make sense out of the meaning of life. 

I was gonna start Zunino at UTIL due to injuries (running out of hitters) and him having great numbers against lefties so far (and he has a HR against Montgomery in 2 ABs . But then last minute I see Urshela is back so I switch Zunino out...

Like I speculated might happen, Zunino HR.

2 hours ago, billofwash said:

Google sarcasm.  Geesh.

Just wanted to point out that i pathetically own both.  Thats all 

Posted (edited)

Carlos Correa, is there are more disappointing overall player over the last few years? I know he's had decent production, but he's never got to the "perennial MVP" heights he was supposed to be occupying when he was the top 5 prospect.  From high end young keeper to barely playable in 3 years. 

Edited by CardiacDO