NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Vent and Rant Thread

Just now, knifeparty said:

Yeah I'd quit LMAO!

Man, crazy part is that I'm sitting in 3rd. I feel like if I can just scrape by these next few weeks I can do ok. Marte and deGrom could be back at the tail end of the week. Promising news from Buxton. Thor is going out for a rehab outing, and Yelich is slowly coming around.

Not sure what to do on the Gallen or Duffy side yet - just sit and hope for some good news. 

Trying to keep the boat from sinking!!!

3 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Man, crazy part is that I'm sitting in 3rd. I feel like if I can just scrape by these next few weeks I can do ok. Marte and deGrom could be back at the tail end of the week. Promising news from Buxton. Thor is going out for a rehab outing, and Yelich is slowly coming around.

Not sure what to do on the Gallen or Duffy side yet - just sit and hope for some good news. 

Trying to keep the boat from sinking!!!

Props to you on finding the right fill-ins.  Aguilar has been my saving grace in a lot of leagues.  I was expecting to drop him once Voit came back but I can't bench the guy now.  

3 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

Props to you on finding the right fill-ins.  Aguilar has been my saving grace in a lot of leagues.  I was expecting to drop him once Voit came back but I can't bench the guy now.  

Aguilar has been great. Added Grossman a few days ago and he's been solid.

Just added Wander last night (even though I don't have the space lol)

12 hours ago, squidthunder said:

UPDATED IL list:

• Buxton
  • Marte
  • Yelich
  • deGrom
  • Gallen
  • Syndergaard
  • Duffy

No on IL but could be there soon:

• Trout
  • Yordan

Well....add Trout to the list and activate Yelich

Why are managers so hell bent on killing a player's hot streak by giving them days off?  Josh Bell, after all this time, has finally gotten hot, and he's now sat 2 out of the last 3 games counting tonight.  It'd be different if they were facing lefties, but both games they've faced a righty.  Zimmerman has come back down to earth after a great start to the season, so it's not like he's earned the right to cut into Bell's playing time.  Really idiotic given the fact that it was a strict platoon back when Bell was dreadful where Bell would only sit against LHP, but now that he's hot it's whatever it is.

It wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't so hard to get positive production, but it's really frustrating when you're struggling like my team has and then you don't even get to use one of your handful of guys doing something right now.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Why are managers so hell bent on killing a player's hot streak by giving them days off?  Josh Bell, after all this time, has finally gotten hot, and he's now sat 2 out of the last 3 games counting tonight.  It'd be different if they were facing lefties, but both games they've faced a righty.  Zimmerman has come back down to earth after a great start to the season, so it's not like he's earned the right to cut into Bell's playing time.  Really idiotic given the fact that it was a strict platoon back when Bell was dreadful where Bell would only sit against LHP, but now that he's hot it's whatever it is.

It wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't so hard to get positive production, but it's really frustrating when you're struggling like my team has and then you don't even get to use one of your handful of guys doing something right now.

voit hrs and now sitting. 3 multi hit games in a row as well

Edited by colepenhagen

11 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

8 hours ago, B&F said:

I left Miguel Sano's three bombs, 4RBI, 3 R on the bench.  Woops.

thats his tease game you put him back in and the next 5 games he goes 3- 23 with 1 homer 3 walks 14 ks and drops you 3 spots in the BA cat

4 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

The orioles bullpen just lost me my week. Cost me a Means QS and W and Im against Arozarena. ******** **** organization

Looking at the definition of a quality star I see nothing that says a pitcher needs to win. Or did the bullpen let in an inherited  runner(s) score. Turned the game on with the score tied at six.

Thank God for Arozarena as my team has two hits total for the night.

I’ve never been so tired of playing closer roulette. This message brought to you by my new, multiple-league pickup of Dolis. Which has been par for the course for me this year, guessing wrong on either role or performance.

this isn't really a vent or rant, but this is hysterical and i don't know where else to post it.

Milwaukee designated Jacob Nottingham.

Seattle claimed Jacob Nottingham.

Seattle traded Jacob Nottingham to Milwaukee for cash.

Milwaukee designated Jacob Nottingham.

Seattle claimed Jacob Nottingham.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, stay_woke said:

After a season worst performance of 6 for 43 yesterday my team followed it up with a 1 for 23 (with 9 Ks) today. Days like these just make ya wanna quit

If you are able to field nine guys be grateful.