NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

this isn't really a vent or rant, but this is hysterical and i don't know where else to post it.

Milwaukee designated Jacob Nottingham.

Seattle claimed Jacob Nottingham.

Seattle traded Jacob Nottingham to Milwaukee for cash.

Did they give dates on those transactions?  I avoid Twitter like the bubonic plague...

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

Yes, this includes myself...

Donkey Johnson? Did he play in the pre 1900 era?

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, posty said:

Did they give dates on those transactions?  I avoid Twitter like the bubonic plague...

Why would you avoid the best and quickest source of information 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

agreed

if you're a power user it's an incredible resource

you can curate lists to only include certain ppl so it's easy to create a list for fantasy baseball

you can exclude words you don't want to see which will hide the tweet from you

it's awesome if you take the time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Over 99 44/100% of Twitter is crap and a cesspool...  It isn't worth the time and effort...

Plus my office blocked it, so I am happy for that...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, posty said:

Over 99 44/100% of Twitter is crap and a cesspool...  It isn't worth the time and effort...

Plus my office blocked it, so I am happy for that...

as far as I remember you can create a list on twitter or only follow specific users and information. onyl do that for fantasy baseball accounts and it's a good tool.

Last weekend, the first-place owner in my money league started sending me offers for J.D. Davis, who should be coming off the IL this weekend. The first two offers were terrible. (Griffin Canning was one. I forget the other.)

He emailed me later in the week asking again. I asked him what pitchers other than Canning he could afford to trade. My offense has been good even without Davis and I've got other guys near returning (hopefully), but my pitching staff has been a mess since I lost May and Urquidy and only the latter is coming back. I see Strasburg on his list. Of course, it's a big gamble, but one that seems to fit. I do some research and once I read on Thursday that Strasburg would return Friday, I send the offer. No response. Right before game time, he cuts a player to make room to activate Strasburg. Turns out, he was waiting to squeeze that one start out of him, then make the move. Sneaky bastard. 

He accepted overnight, so I have to cut somebody on my active roster before the games start. Luckily, I can rage-cut Flexen. lol

Dead last in wins with 14 even though ERA is 6th out of 16 and WHIP is 3rd. Two of my SPs have 0. That's the toughest category to make up. It's over johnny.

Here we go again with "intelligent" managing.  McMahon has a monster game for the first time in almost a week and he's getting the day off today.

I have multiple Rockies obviously and hate it that almost every home series I end up losing at least a game or two because they get random days off just when they happen to be playing at home, especially when that's the only place some of their hitters perform at a high level.

I am listening to the Yankees broadcast and the announcer just said that "analytics are ruining the game and baseball has to do something cause we can't have this.  We have too many stats for everything."

This is why franchises like the Rays succeed while franchises like the Angels fail.

• Like 1

If Michael Kay could say something that would cause the other AL East teams to fail, I’d be all for it.

2 hours ago, Overlord said:

I am listening to the Yankees broadcast and the announcer just said that "analytics are ruining the game and baseball has to do something cause we can't have this.  We have too many stats for everything."

This is why franchises like the Rays succeed while franchises like the Angels fail.

What the Yanks should do is learn some lessons from the Mess. Trade away their best prospects for name players.

You know what that Pujols looks like he 25. Definitely got at least 200 more homers left in that bat. What??? The Dodgers got him? Those mofos are sneaky! Offer them Urshela and $50 million for Pujols now!

Hey what's Cano doing now? Call the Mess! Give'em anybody. Don't you know?

So I had to decide this week between Torres and Mondesi at SS this week.  Everything I read suggested that no way Torres returns from Covid List before ten days and Mondesi had a chance to be brought up for the weekend, I go with Mondesi.  Torres returns mid week and goes nuts and Mondesi still in rehabe games.  EMBO.

Please tell me I'm not the only one thats been forced to use Aguilar (barf) because of injuries.   What major leaguer goes 1-25 0,0,0? And how did he pinpoint this slump at exactly the time I had to put him in?

I correctly scoured the wire for Bryse Wilson in both of my deep NL only leagues last week, ready for a spot start, but didn't get the news last night in order to activate him for today. Now he's sitting on my bench for an easy win against the Pirates. I really wish there were a way to use your IL/NA spots interchangeably on sites, like a 26 man roster rule, because I have other players on the IL sitting on my bench that I could just deactivate for the day and move Wilson into the active lineup before he gets sent back down tomorrow. So annoying that I had the foresight and couldn't reap the reward because God forbid I went out on a Friday night. I'm just a man not a machine. 

Love it when my opponent has all the hot players. Torres, Winker, Laureano, and Arozarena all decide to go off this week. And this loser who’s made 4 moves all year also decides to pick up Brandon Crawford for the week. Unreal 

Bellinger has been out

deGrom put on the IL last week

O'Neill put on IL this week

Biggio put on the IL today

Franmil about to be put on the IL

... I legit may not be able to field a healthy lineup with four IL spots only.

24 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Bellinger has been out

deGrom put on the IL last week

O'Neill put on IL this week

Biggio put on the IL today

Franmil about to be put on the IL

... I legit may not be able to field a healthy lineup with four IL spots only.

Have you considered picking up Adolis Garcia?

On 5/21/2021 at 11:08 AM, SpecialFNK said:

this isn't really a vent or rant, but this is hysterical and i don't know where else to post it.

Seattle traded Jacob Nottingham to Milwaukee for cash.

Poor Jacob Nottingham getting passed around like a bong at a Grateful Dead concert. 

Posted (edited)

Today is "family day" and I have a low supply of edibles so 1) kill me and 2) since I'm actually winning going into a sunday for the first time in weeks, I'm going to preemptively rant about the collapse of my merry bunch of losers.

It happens every sunday. Every damn sunday.  

I'm convinced Freeman and Acuna are alcoholics since they never do anything on a sunday unless it's a late game. 

Edited by CardiacDO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, CardiacDO said:

Today is "family day" and I have a low supply of edibles so 1) kill me and 2) since I'm actually winning going into a sunday for the first time in weeks, I'm going to preemptively rant about the collapse of my merry bunch of losers.

It happens every sunday. Every damn sunday.  

I'm convinced Freeman and Acuna are alcoholics since they never do anything on a sunday unless it's a late game. 

No mention of “family day” is ever complete without respective references to weed and alcoholism, in my book.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, billofwash said:

Charlie Manson was big on family days.

This thread got dark in a hurry. Just to lighten the mood, I took advantage of this dynamic earlier in the pandemic with my extended family on a few Sunday Zoom chat sessions. One afternoon I wore my Big Lebowski shirt/sweater/pants and sat there sipping a White Russian and dropping lines from the movie after my Uncle would go on his rants about lockdown stuff. Specifically if he mentioned anything spoken by Don or Don Jr. I would say "STFU Donnie." Well worth the roughly $200 the ensemble cost me.

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

This thread got dark in a hurry. Just to lighten the mood, I took advantage of this dynamic earlier in the pandemic with my extended family on a few Sunday Zoom chat sessions. One afternoon I wore my Big Lebowski shirt/sweater/pants and sat there sipping a White Russian and dropping lines from the movie after my Uncle would go on his rants about lockdown stuff. Specifically if he mentioned anything spoken by Don or Don Jr. I would say "STFU Donnie." Well worth the roughly $200 the ensemble cost me.

I salute this post.

I do want to rant about something in fantasy in general that I have always hated-what happens when you have players you manage against your favorite team. Tonight Waino is starting against the Cubs, and so I want him to be destroyed, but that would not be good for one of my fantasy teams. He pitches well, I'm very guilty that I feel happy for my fantasy squad. 

It really is the aspect that I dislike most about playing fantasy, the way it taints some enjoyment of the bigger games when you're more focused on the impact to your team than enjoying the special game. I feel like this will get much worse in years to come, as Daily becomes more popular and betting opens up in sports books at stadiums across the country. People will be more invested in their wager than anything, so you'll go see Vlad Jr. come to town, but hate him when you make a prop bet that he hits a HR and he doesn't. 

• Like 1