NBC Sports Edge Forums

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

First time playing fantasy baseball and figured with how long the season was drafting some injured players at a discount could really pay off. Drafted Soroka, Carrasco, and Syndergaard looking like I might go 0-3 there.

Also Machado and Ozuna as my 2nd and 3rd picks, so much pain. 

I just traded Ozuna for Machado in an NL only so I'm kind of stunned about it. As far as drafting injured players, you don't want to draft into injuries. They will find you eventually. Pitchers especially, maybe one stash at the most. They don't go on the DL until the season starts and you miss the chance to draft a guy like Carlos Rodon, Mitch Haniger, or Jesse Winker in the later rounds. So far every player I've traded for in the NL only this year has immediately gotten hurt-Joey Votto, Carson Kelly. But the players I traded away also got hurt-Jeff McNeil, Ozuna, Wade Miley. Quite weird.

Edited by Richard Kimble
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, this includes myself...

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

All my players who are clearly hurt also play on teams that wait until 10 seconds before the game starts to put guys on the DL. So now I have to watch people take players on my watchlist. Piss me off

Posted Images

Chisholm now apparently twice

Ozuna

Verdugo has missed games

deGrom 

Bellinger

ONeill

Franmil

Kikuchi, maybe?

The Lamet "fun"

... fantasy baseball is testing my patience.....

Whee... My luck sucks...

Two teams, both tore the cover off the ball last night...

One team:  3/34 (.088), 1 run, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 9 Ks
Other team:  4/32 (.125), 2 runs, 1 HR, 1 RBI

:(

• Like 1

Can we go a day without at least a half dozen or more injuries? This is beyond ridiculous. These poor Rotoworld baseball blurbers are going to join them on the IL soon with carpal tunnel syndrome.

• Like 2

more christmas lights for my roster this week. harper, voit, rizzo, kikuchi, kluber, kop. same team (robert, gallen, sale), and added luzardo last week when i had an open ir spot. ha

You know you are having a suck year when you feel your fortunes are turning around because you offered a trade for a player that gets rejected and he goes on the IL two days later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm obsessed with the leaderboard lately because I'm trying to freeroll my way into this stupid 400k Moneymaker thing on America's Cardroom website, but why isn't there a "Win the Day" leaderboard on the forum? I want to know how close I am to winning the day so I can be a real vote whore and try to get over the top. 

Posted (edited)

Started Moncada for the first time all year this week.  I managed to break his on base streak and now he's lost at the plate.  Traded Bieber for Acuna on Sunday.  Bieber's pitches like an ace today for the first time in around a month.  This ladies and gentlemen is a blueprint on how you lose at fantasy baseball.  My apologies Adolis - you're likely the next one to face my wrath.

Edited by mehtavg2000
3 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Started Moncada for the first time all year this week.  I managed to break his on base streak and now he's lost at the plate.  Traded Bieber for Acuna on Sunday.  Bieber's pitches like an ace today for the first time in around a month.  This ladies and gentlemen is a blueprint on how you lose at fantasy baseball.  My apologies Adolis - you're likely the next one to face my wrath.

Please. No.  Can you just drop him please?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

You traded Bieber straight up for Acuna?

On 5/25/2021 at 6:01 PM, stay_woke said:

First time playing fantasy baseball and figured with how long the season was drafting some injured players at a discount could really pay off. Drafted Soroka, Carrasco, and Syndergaard looking like I might go 0-3 there.

Also Machado and Ozuna as my 2nd and 3rd picks, so much pain. 

Major learning curve with FB.  I have never played other fantasy sports so can't say for certain but I believe the learning curve is a lot longer for FB.  That is why with FB it usually is the same teams at the top of the standings every single year.  Either people figure it out or they don't.

On 5/26/2021 at 6:49 PM, colepenhagen said:

more christmas lights for my roster this week. harper, voit, rizzo, kikuchi, kluber, kop. same team (robert, gallen, sale), and added luzardo last week when i had an open ir spot. ha

Have you gotten the obnoxious "why don't you just drop _____?" Message from the obnoxious owner who thinks they have injury trouble too because their backup catcher missed a week?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

You traded Bieber straight up for Acuna?

Yes.  I have a lot of depth at pitching and needed help in outfield.  Also, the opportunity to have Acuna for 3 years in his prime was too much to pass up (I prioritize stud hitters over stud pitchers).  Why is that so surprising?  Both are consensus top 12 picks (Acuna top 3).  

Edited by mehtavg2000
47 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Yes.  I have a lot of depth at pitching and needed help in outfield.  Also, the opportunity to have Acuna for 3 years in his prime was too much to pass up (I prioritize stud hitters over stud pitchers).  Why is that so surprising?  Both are consensus top 12 picks (Acuna top 3).  

That's a good trade bro. Pretty sure (not 100%) that Bieber faced a garbage team as well and still didn't shut them out. Gotta let things shake out.

6 minutes ago, collucho said:

That's a good trade bro. Pretty sure (not 100%) that Bieber faced a garbage team as well and still didn't shut them out. Gotta let things shake out.

I’m not worried about it.  It was actually a win/win trade.  He now has a staff of Bieber, Cole, DeGrom and Bauer.  He had decent depth at OF.  He’s now the clear favorite to win it all this year.  I now have Acuna (keeper league), Betts, Trea and Arenado with a pretty strong and deep staff (Darvish, Gausman, Flaherty and four or five tier 3 pitchers after that).  I won it all last year so playing with house money for the next 3 years anyways.

/end hijack (let’s get back to venting!)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I’m not worried about it.  It was actually a win/win trade.  He now has a staff of Bieber, Cole, DeGrom and Bauer.  He had decent depth at OF.  He’s now the clear favorite to win it all this year.  I now have Acuna (keeper league), Betts, Trea and Arenado with a pretty strong and deep staff (Darvish, Gausman, Flaherty and four or five tier 3 pitchers after that).  I won it all last year so playing with house money for the next 3 years anyways.

/end hijack (let’s get back to venting!)

I know every league is different but is it really even fun having 3 obvious first round picks with another 2 or 3 second round picks to go with it? I guess Im just a redraft or dynasty only kind of guy.

15 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

I know every league is different but is it really even fun having 3 obvious first round picks with another 2 or 3 second round picks to go with it? I guess Im just a redraft or dynasty only kind of guy.

That is why free leagues with good friends is always better...

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Yup I get it and not every team is as stacked as mine (or the other guys).  Part of the issue is that it was a 12 team league for many years until this year (2 owners dropped out).  The other issue is that we can keep up to 8 players for 3 years in a row.  When one of my studs hits the 3 year mark, I just trade him for another stud (thus, not really diminishing my team much).  There is quite a bit of variability in talent across the teams but that's partially due to the fact that 3-4 of the owners are just clueless or not very good.   I don't love it TBH as I would like to see some of the perennial bottom feeders rise to the top on occasion.  In the meantime, I guess I'll just keep making money for now.   🤷‍♂️

Edited by mehtavg2000
Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2021 at 10:28 PM, Richard Kimble said:

I'm obsessed with the leaderboard lately because I'm trying to freeroll my way into this stupid 400k Moneymaker thing on America's Cardroom website, but why isn't there a "Win the Day" leaderboard on the forum? I want to know how close I am to winning the day so I can be a real vote whore and try to get over the top. 

I did win the day that afternoon, and I think what really needs to be done is to offer Therapy Services via PM like Lucy from Peanuts.

PEANUTS on Twitter | Peanuts gang, Lucy van pelt, Snoopy quotes

Edited by Richard Kimble