NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Vent and Rant Thread

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, stay_woke said:

Mauricio Dubon should not be a professional baseball player. Brought in as a "defensive replacement" and his error is gonna cost them the game.

HA! I played in a wiffle ball league years ago. I got stuck with two kids that sucked but BOTH claimed they may not be able to pitch or hit but, boy were the great in the field. Both made errors on routine pop ups to ruin two perfect games for me.

Humble brag/CSB

Edited by this guy right here
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, collucho said:

Been on the phone with AT&T support trying to activate my phone for 2 f*cking hours.

Haha, I was on for 45 minutes with Tech support, they directed me to customer service...waited 45 minutes , and was told the only people that could help me were tech support.      Checking my Christmas lights team while waiting I saw another fresh red dtd pop up making my team officially half injured without a reasonable drop.  I believe it was right around the 1 for 22 mark that my waiver wire backups cobbled together that some lady came on the phone and told me they couldn’t figure out the problem and there was nothing they could do for me.

• Thanks 1

So I finally get Cody Bellinger back today, with Ke'Bryan Hayes on a rehab assignment and due to return next week. Of course, I now may lose Alvarez, Laureano, and Kepler to the IL. YGBFKM. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Baseball sucks…got destroyed by Freddy frickin gavis…

Every night I come on here and people talk about how horrid the Mariners, Angels, and Tigers etc....are offensively.  Why is it when one of my pitchers faces one of these scrubby teams...they bat the friggen order. I mean, geez!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bluntbros said:

Every night I come on here and people talk about how horrid the Mariners, Angels, and Tigers etc....are offensively.  Why is it when one of my pitchers faces one of these scrubby teams...they bat the friggen order. I mean, geez!!

Just stream against the Rocks on the road - and you’ll be right as rain

What a brutal week of rain cancellations. Got myself in an early hole this week, dug my way out of it with some streamer pitchers that performed, lined it up down 1 point with my king, my ace, my best player deGrom to bring it home on Sunday night... just to have the game ppd and take a brutal 1 point L. I hate fantasy baseball sometimes. 

Posted (edited)

Yordan Alvarez missed a fifth consecutive game due to a sore wrist, but the Astros still haven't put him on the IL. Hell, he could have been halfway through his time on the list by now. 

Ramon Laureano missed his third consecutive game due to a groin injury Monday, but Oakland will wait until tomorrow to decide if he has to go on the IL. 

Isn't this the point of the IL being 10 games, so teams don't have to do this crap?

I decided to wait on activating Urquidy because the Red Sox are not an easy matchup and I didn't want to cut someone only to have Laureano or Alvarez go on the IL later in the day. I can just see one or both guys going on the IL late tomorrow after I cut someone in the afternoon. (I have to activate Urquidy before making any roster moves tomorrow.)

This year really has been brutal with injuries. I don't just mean for me. I mean for everybody. I'd look on the bright side, seeing Urquidy pitch so well not long after having shoulder trouble, but that just wouldn't fit on this thread. 

Edit: Just saw a note that Laureano is likely going on the IL Tuesday. He didn't "feel right" after a light workout before Monday's game. Of course, they will drag their feet until game time tomorrow night. Ugh. 

Edited by Words
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Words said:

Yordan Alvarez missed a fifth consecutive game due to a sore wrist, but the Astros still haven't put him on the IL. Hell, he could have been halfway through his time on the list by now. 

Ramon Laureano missed his third consecutive game due to a groin injury Monday, but Oakland will wait until tomorrow to decide if he has to go on the IL. 

Teams can backdate IL 

55 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Teams can backdate IL 

I get that, but they still went all those days a player short.  Also, I'm just really annoyed that I'm going to end up cutting a player tomorrow because Oakland is probably going to wait until after daily roster's lock to put Laureano on the IL even though they already know today that they are going to do it. 

3 hours ago, billofwash said:

Went into this week with a positive attitude and see that Cincy scored 11 runs.  Eagerly looked to see what Suarez did....kick to the nutz.  This season can't get over soon enough.

Yep I was happy to see that score all giddy at what Winker might have done, then I open the boxscore and Winker was sitting out LOL

Pickup Longoria on Sunday on 3/5 teams, gets hurt Monday. Mondesi comes back for 5 games and gets hurt again. Flaherty finally remembers how to strike out batters and gets hurt. Speaking of Flaherty both he and Gilbert leave with the lead and the bullpen blows it. And to top it all off I couldn’t activate Alonso because I locked myself out of my house without my phone and by the time I climbed up to the attic and crawled through to the garage and got the door open it was too late. But my opponent in one league had him and of course he goes off for 4 rbis. Now he’ll probably go 0/4 the rest of the week and I’ll lose that one league by 4 rbis. 

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Pickup Longoria on Sunday on 3/5 teams, gets hurt Monday. Mondesi comes back for 5 games and gets hurt again. Flaherty finally remembers how to strike out batters and gets hurt. Speaking of Flaherty both he and Gilbert leave with the lead and the bullpen blows it. And to top it all off I couldn’t activate Alonso because I locked myself out of my house without my phone and by the time I climbed up to the attic and crawled through to the garage and got the door open it was too late. But my opponent in one league had him and of course he goes off for 4 rbis. Now he’ll probably go 0/4 the rest of the week and I’ll lose that one league by 4 rbis. 

Avatar checks out...this would only happen to a Mets fan. 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ty5592 said:

Early candidate for quote of the week

My round 3, 4, and 5 picks were Ozuna, Carrasco and Biggio.

Jesus Christ, I don't think I've ever whiffed harder on top picks. 

We have 3 keepers so that bumps a few players up by ADP but still...

Ozuna: he was great last year and back in the same lineup, easy pick

Carrasco: best SP available and then it drops off hard so I can wait on pitching after this

Biggio: I don't like this pick but if he can get me 20/20 with a meh average at 2B I'll take it I guess

Only one I still have is Carrasco lol

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Carrasco: best SP available and then it drops off hard so I can wait on pitching after this

Biggio: I don't like this pick but if he can get me 20/20 with a meh average at 2B I'll take it I guess

i wiffed on 5/10 picks in a redraft this year (robert 3rd, voit 5th, rizzo 7th, chapman 8th, bohem 10)

not as bad as 3-5 or maybe it is ha

47 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Yeah my keepers haven't panned out either...

Corey Seager (3rd round)
Marcell Ozuna (8th round)
Yasmani Grandal (14th round)
Trey Mancini (20th round)
Alec Bohm (27th round)

I just cut Bohm, even though he would be worth a 24th next year, I will let him be someone else's headache...  Looks my keepers sucked as well...  I should have stayed quit...