NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

Yes, this includes myself...

All my players who are clearly hurt also play on teams that wait until 10 seconds before the game starts to put guys on the DL. So now I have to watch people take players on my watchlist. Piss me off

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

I'm assuming he's talking about Alex Reyes.

that's who I was assuming as well.  yeah, Gallen needs to go on the IL!

Can I sue platforms that don’t put players on the dl...I’m bleeding players on my watchlist!

• Like 1

Castillo blows. Cant even get Jack Flaherty out. 10 pitch walk to the lead off pitcher. This is a beyond terrible start. 0 strikeouts and that disaster of a first inning.

25 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

Holy F Jack Flaherty, you had leads of 6 runs in the first, second and 8 runs in the third - get the frick through 5 innings. 

With how he performed last season, I’m officially nervous.  Has he only really had one great half of a year?

6 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Why does baseball follow up it’s Opening Day with a 7 game schedule?  Never understood the reasoning for that

Allow room for weather make-ups

Brad Keller was solid for me last year as a young cheap arm. 2.47 ERA in 54 IP. I figured who doesnt want an opening day starter in the 19th round? Goodness he really managed to impress today my giving me -19 points with his 40.50 ERA! Anyone else start this week killer?

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Baloo said:

Brad Keller was solid for me last year as a young cheap arm. 2.47 ERA in 54 IP. I figured who doesnt want an opening day starter in the 19th round? Goodness he really managed to impress today my giving me -19 points with his 40.50 ERA! Anyone else start this week killer?

I'm staying far far away from any KC starting pitcher.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

With how he performed last season, I’m officially nervous.  Has he only really had one great half of a year?

Good rookie year in 2018. Bad first half but amazing second half in 2019. Good last year minus one starts where he gave up 9 runs. Take that start away and he would’ve had a 3.13 era and 1.04 whip. Didn’t have a great spring and his velocity was reportedly down in his last spring start so for the struggles to carry over to his first start does have me concerned. 

11 hours ago, I was wrong on Kris Benson said:

Two night ago I IL'd a player and went back and forth between Kiermaier and Alex Reyes off waivers. I went with Kiermaier.

Time to stop investing in players whose first name begins with a K.

On 4/1/2021 at 6:01 PM, mehtavg2000 said:

What do you mean about how he performed last year? Take away his Sept 15 start and look at his overall numbers then. 

I needed a SS to fill in for Mondesi, so I add Hampson who had a nice spring. Yesterday he has a really good game batting 8th, and how do the Rockies reward him? He’s sitting tonight.

I should have known better. Probably should have went with Solano.

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

What do you mean about how he performed last year? Take away his Sept 15 start and look at his overall numbers then. 

I was speaking more in terms of fantasy.  I'm in a QS league and traded for him before last season started.  Based on how he closed out 2019, I thought I was getting a fantasy ace.  We can throw last year out the window if you want because of Covid but after this last start, I'm a little nervous.