NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Vent and Rant Thread

8 hours ago, ty5592 said:

Pickup Longoria on Sunday on 3/5 teams, gets hurt Monday. Mondesi comes back for 5 games and gets hurt again. Flaherty finally remembers how to strike out batters and gets hurt. Speaking of Flaherty both he and Gilbert leave with the lead and the bullpen blows it. And to top it all off I couldn’t activate Alonso because I locked myself out of my house without my phone and by the time I climbed up to the attic and crawled through to the garage and got the door open it was too late. But my opponent in one league had him and of course he goes off for 4 rbis. Now he’ll probably go 0/4 the rest of the week and I’ll lose that one league by 4 rbis. 

I am sorry that this happened to you.

This was supposed to be the week my team got healthy. Cody Bellinger returned over the weekend. Ke'Bryan Hayes is due back Thursday. 

Instead, I've lost Kepler and Laureano to the IL, and Strasburg looks like he's headed back there, too. This after losing Dustin May for the season, Alejandro Kirk for two months, and Brian Anderson for what is likely to be three or four weeks. 

Okay, I made a trade to get Strasburg cheap, so that's my own fault, but the rest of this injury crap is just way out of hand!

Just hate fantasy this year I’m getting KILLED with injuries —— at 1 time or another or more than 1 stint on DL:

Tatis

Springer

McNeill

Sixto 

Stanton

E Hernandez

K Marte

DArnaud

Anddddddddd I have Castillo and Snell — defending Champ and going to be 2-7. I paid my league fee early for 1st time in my life and basically given up and really just don’t care

14 hours ago, ty5592 said:

Pickup Longoria on Sunday on 3/5 teams, gets hurt Monday. Mondesi comes back for 5 games and gets hurt again. Flaherty finally remembers how to strike out batters and gets hurt. Speaking of Flaherty both he and Gilbert leave with the lead and the bullpen blows it. And to top it all off I couldn’t activate Alonso because I locked myself out of my house without my phone and by the time I climbed up to the attic and crawled through to the garage and got the door open it was too late. But my opponent in one league had him and of course he goes off for 4 rbis. Now he’ll probably go 0/4 the rest of the week and I’ll lose that one league by 4 rbis. 

As bad as this whole thing was at least you didn't have the runs when you were locked out of your house.  Always look for the positives!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can somebody please remind Aaron Nola that he's supposed to be an ace?  Can't use the excuse that he's had a brutal schedule recently as aces are supposed to be able to overcome that most of the time.

Fantasy Baseball is TOP NOTCH THIS YEAR!!!!  Having such a great time!!!!

Been stashing Elieser for what seems like an eternity only to have him probably go right back on the IL from running the bases!  Hope all the people who hate the DH had Eleiser as well.

Olivares gets sent back down for no reason.  

Yastrzemski goes back to the IL for the 100th time this season. 

2 hours ago, knifeparty said:

Fantasy Baseball is TOP NOTCH THIS YEAR!!!!  Having such a great time!!!!

Been stashing Elieser for what seems like an eternity only to have him probably go right back on the IL from running the bases!  Hope all the people who hate the DH had Eleiser as well.

Olivares gets sent back down for no reason.  

Yastrzemski goes back to the IL for the 100th time this season. 

Eleniser got hurt JOGGING. Probley didn't do any stretching  pregame

• Like 1

This has been an overall miserable season no matter where I finish in the standings, but just traded for Kikuchi today since I need another SP, he had a great matchup, and he's been pretty good so far this season....  Winning 5-3 and leaves with a leg injury.  I'm really glad this is my last season of playing fantasy baseball since, like I said in the beginning of this, it's not fun anymore no matter where I finish in my league.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

This has been an overall miserable season no matter where I finish in the standings, but just traded for Kikuchi today since I need another SP, he had a great matchup, and he's been pretty good so far this season....  Winning 5-3 and leaves with a leg injury.  I'm really glad this is my last season of playing fantasy baseball since, like I said in the beginning of this, it's not fun anymore no matter where I finish in my league.

I agree. Its very hard to get the motivation to play when the players get hurt so much or take every 4th game off to rest.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Killo, speaking on behalf of many, in a few months you will be missed 

• Like 2

I'm currently in 7th place out of 12.  I have been winning or within striking distance of winning going into 5 different Sundays. Out of those 5 Sundays, today I had my best one...

I hit .147 with almost no counting stats. 

I f'n hate this year.

• Like 1

Every Sunday I come into the day leading every offensive category. Every Sunday my opponent pulls a horseshoe out of his a** with 5 homers and a million counting stats from random waiver pickups while my guys do jack ****. Sick of it. 

9 minutes ago, varock said:

Every Sunday I come into the day leading every offensive category. Every Sunday my opponent pulls a horseshoe out of his a** with 5 homers and a million counting stats from random waiver pickups while my guys do jack ****. Sick of it. 

Was Patrick Wisdom one of them?  GRRRRRRR

Josh Rojas is slumping, so I sat him Saturday with a tough matchup against Woodruff. Of course, he hit two home runs. 

I still led by four home runs heading into Sunday in my head-to-head league. Then my opponent got three from Winker and two from Wisdom while my guys did not hit any home runs today. Oy. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Was Patrick Wisdom one of them?  GRRRRRRR

He was one of the thorns in my side.  My opponent is the WW flavor of the week king and I’ve been cussing Wisdom all week.  Thank goodness I  have Winker or it would have been a tragic meltdown.   

Posted (edited)

I lost the week yesterday to my dickbag brother because his catcher happened to make the last out of the 9th inning. Therefore, his hump loser gets to start on 2nd base to begin the 10th.

Of course the pitcher could have just allowed a double or something for a quick and easy death to my week.  But no, he had to get 2 outs before he allowing Bogaerts to single to right and force me to watch as said loser catcher crossed the plate and ripped my f'n heart out. 

The gift run for him tied the R category, and untied the 8-8 score to 8-7.  So I take the L. To add insult to injury, once again I wake up to a taunt from yahoo telling me what piece of crap I am. Grand.  And now I have to go forward with a team that takes every Sunday off and frequently doesn't even hit my weight (I weight 180). 

But really, losing to my league villian, pompous, arrogant brother is the godd*mn worst. 

Rant over. Now I'm going to go throw a brick through the window of his X3. 

Edited by CardiacDO
  • Haha 3