NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Vent and Rant Thread

Take this to the bank!!! I own Betts this year so of course he is going to just have a mediocre season like he did the last time I owned him in 2017.  Next year I will avoid him in all drafts and he will once again return to superstar status.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Crusaderfan said:

Now have 17 players out of 50 on IL in a Draft and Hold league 🤦‍♂️

My dynasty league 38 spots 5 IL spots . I have 13 on the IL . Some big names Jimenez, Robert’s, Grisham Ozuna (wtf) Means Strasburg Pleasac Carracco Clevinger 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 12:32 AM, BMcP said:

Killo, speaking on behalf of many, in a few months you will be missed 

Thanks, I appreciate it.  This place has been invaluable over the years after discovering it.

• Like 2

The taking Ls and Ws thing is annoying.  It's also kind of a dumb way to think about stuff.  

You're just playing probabilities with incomplete information.  Your real Ws and Ls are on your process.  

It wasn't a mistake (as far as I can tell) to take Betts in the first round. Just seems results oriented, like saying you should have folded AA in poker because it lost that time.  Or you should have sold a stock that went down due to unforeseeable events. 

Even when you make good/bad decisions for concrete reasons, it's that reasoning, not the results that matters. Like with Vlad, maybe it's something like "a big uptick in exit velo matters, even in spring training."  Not "I knew Vlad would be great."

• Like 2

Ke'Bryan Hayes cost me home runs on both of my teams by being an idiot. He drilled one off the opposite field foul pole, but turned the home run into an out by missing first base.

😖

I'm quitting a fantasy team for the first time ever. Always played out every league every season every sport. The injuries are OUT OF CONTROL. No wonder this sport has trash ratings and is on a mega decline. Why bother playing when you get paid just the same on the bench? Stiff neck, fatigue, blisters, hurt playing video games, hurt taking off shirts, it's BEYOND absurd.

I had 7 pitchers get hurt over a span of 8 days. Done.

16 minutes ago, AdamPA1006 said:

I'm quitting a fantasy team for the first time ever. Always played out every league every season every sport. The injuries are OUT OF CONTROL. No wonder this sport has trash ratings and is on a mega decline. Why bother playing when you get paid just the same on the bench? Stiff neck, fatigue, blisters, hurt playing video games, hurt taking off shirts, it's BEYOND absurd.

We have a poor guy in our local lg thats pitching staff has Strasburg, Flaherty, Kluber, Ynoh, L Webb, Mad Bum, and S Gray on it LOL. Thats just to much to take. He trying to make due with waiver wire fodder Like J Arrieta( did good today) R Stripling, V Velasquez Joe Ross and M Fullmer.

I maaaaybe should have taken some of the offers for Josh Bell at the beginning of the season in my keep forever points league where I'm in a rebuild, every time I check my team and see my Luis Urias (nothing against him just a young player who's going through natural ups and downs) has more points than him.

Please fantasy gods, one more mini 2019 splurge so I can trade him.

Edited by TheWatcher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AdamPA1006 said:

Hope it's a free public league.  Don't screw over the integrity of a real league by doing this.  Hit up FA and try.

• Like 2

Spent an embarrassing number of hours finetuning my faab bids for my cutline teams. Just went over them and over them. I  sniped some people pretty hard, which was fun.

Somehow I dropped Senzel twice when I meant to drop him and Ozuna.  Obviously, the second drop just doesn't process.  

This is the last faab period so I've got a dead spot for the rest of the year, almost for sure.  It's a team that's doing well, so I'm already 100% sure that this will cost me the overall and 75k.

Lots of things suck about playing fantasy baseball but one that always erks me Is when  my closers go into games in NON save situations. Nothing good ever really comes from it. IGGY 1 Inn 0 Runs 2 walks 1 K pitching with no chance to get a save. rather he not pitched at all.

I continue to not understand holds. David Price pitched the longest of any Dodgers pitcher in yesterday's game, allowing 0 runs over 2 innings while they had the lead. The pitcher in before him got the win and every pitcher after him got a hold or save, while he gets nothing...

6 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

I continue to not understand holds. David Price pitched the longest of any Dodgers pitcher in yesterday's game, allowing 0 runs over 2 innings while they had the lead. The pitcher in before him got the win and every pitcher after him got a hold or save, while he gets nothing...

Holds aren't an official MLB stat to begin with...

So Yahoo's stat provider did not give Price a hold but the MLB website did...  Possible stat correction coming down the pike at Yahoo...

• Thanks 1

Same rant different year:

it will never cease to amaze me how a group of players all from different teams, batters and pitchers, can manage to get hot or slump all at the same time.

I either win 12-4 or lose 0-14 and it drives me bonkers.

1 minute ago, mbc1999 said:

I wonder if my team will homer this week. Meadows, Bryant, Abreu, Castellanos, and Walsh among others..... maybe I’ll trade them all for Wisdom and Haase.   

There’s only been about 2+ games so far for most, through, right?

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

There’s only been about 2+ games so far for most, through, right?

Well the way my guys have been scheduled Monday and today, at this point it’s pretty much three normal days.   But I’ve been a little spoiled with offense so far this year so three homerless days seems like an eternity.    

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Miguel-K-Olivo said:

Blake Snell 🤬🤮

He’s got my blood boiling before he even pitches tomorrow. I can feel my ratios slipping.

Don't play him Vs DeGrom on the road.  Mets line stinks and Citi is a good pitchers park Snell SHOULD pitch well but will have to pitch near perfect to pick up a win Vs deGrom cause you know he ain't giving up any runs

I've been in 1st place for all of 1 week and this week, my team decides to all slump at the same time while my opponent is having his best week all year. I'm losing 12-0 thanks to Starling Marte and Mitch Haniger among others. Goodbye first place. Was nice knowing you.