NBC Sports Edge Forums

On 6/12/2021 at 10:21 AM, acunajrmvp said:

I never seen this many injuries in my 10 years of playing fantasy baseball

Its absolutely rediculous to be honest. I have completely lost any respect for modern day ballplayers. Soft little diva's

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, this includes myself...

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

All my players who are clearly hurt also play on teams that wait until 10 seconds before the game starts to put guys on the DL. So now I have to watch people take players on my watchlist. Piss me off

Posted Images

Over my 4 teams I have lost Beebs Boyd Glasnow and Pineda in the last 24 hrs LOL I just waiver wired SAM LONG for all 4 my teams Lets go Kid

Decisions of who to cut this year have been fairly easy,  I just wait for my daily player to hit the DL and poof, there is room on my roster.  Today, Scherzer hits the DL...

My team has been decimated by injuries this season (like everyone else in the world.) In my keeper league I dealt away my Robert for his Bryant just a couple of hours ago. Fast forward till now...I go in to check the box score of the Cub's game to see how my new acquisition is doing....I was not surprised in the least to see that Bryant had been removed from the game after being HBP in the hand. Get well soon little buddy 😢

My money league runs waivers three times per week, including Monday mornings. We can pick up players without dropping anyone, but we have to make a move to clear a spot before games start. Sunday night, This league is insanely deep. There is not a single full-time starting outfielder on the wire.

This past Sunday night, I put in claims for Bob Refsnyder and Christian Arroyo. I had one open spot and I knew I might lose Dickerson and Bellinger to the IL. 

I cut Arroyo because I needed somebody outfield eligible. Maybe 20 minutes later, I saw that the Twins put Refsnyder back on the IL. Since then, I lost both Dickerson and Bellinger to the IL. I now have no outfielders left on my bench and three of my guys sit at least twice per week, but I can't pick anybody up until Thursday morning. Even then, I might not get anybody because the wire is so picked over. 

Oy. 

16 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

only fair to alomst get healthy with buxton lauerano voit then bam bregman tucker harper.

Easiest IL swaps you can make all year

24 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Easiest IL swaps you can make all year

u would think. got flarety and severino i forgot about on the pitching side for that team.. along with brujan stashed

Having a ridiculously rough season offensively even though I have a lot of good players.  In the middle of having the best offensive day I've had in a while thanks to a trade I did this morning and now a pitcher that has no business even being in a game right now because he couldn't command his breaking ball to save his life hits Jose Ramirez.  If he's out any length of time, f*** this....

6 minutes ago, Panther239 said:

I kept Brandon Lowe (.197) over Olson (.295) batting because I didn't want Olson's BA dragging me down

This person is a real hero of the vent and rant thread. Everyone has had some bad injury luck, made a bad draft pick, whatever. It takes a pro to admit their real mistakes, and perhaps there was some position eligibility behind this decision as well, but I feel ya. I stuck with Jorge Soler when I could have nabbed Adolis Garcia in my AL only league, and I decided I couldn't trust a Coors pitcher so I dropped Gomber in the early going after his blowup and stuck with Corbin (though have dodged some of his worst performances) in an NL only league. Both leagues I'm likely going to come in 2nd or 3rd because I'm way behind in those categories. Of course now I wish I just dropped Cesar Valdez or Stefan Crichton instead, but saves are always scarce in these leagues. It sucks. 

• Like 2

So. The league is hardcore sitting lefty hitters against lefty pitchers. They don't sit righties vs right handed pitching because righties has seen righties a lot in their life. Righties can hit righties due to volume.........

Perhaps lefties may get better if they batted against a lefty......EVER

Ever since I traded Miguel Sano for Eric Hosmer, thinking Sano would be losing playing time, they’ve hit for the same average but Sano has 10 more HR.  Oh, and Hosmer May be starting to lose playing time.

About a week ago I traded Adam Duvall for Harold Ramirez, in love with Harold’s statcast and middle of the lineup placement.  Duvall has proceeded to hit like 400 with 5 HR in the past week and Harold has become a weak side platooon bat

Clearly I am terrible at fantasy baseball 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Ever since I traded Miguel Sano for Eric Hosmer, thinking Sano would be losing playing time, they’ve hit for the same average but Sano has 10 more HR.  Oh, and Hosmer May be starting to lose playing time.

About a week ago I traded Adam Duvall for Harold Ramirez, in love with Harold’s statcast and middle of the lineup placement.  Duvall has proceeded to hit like 400 with 5 HR in the past week and Harold has become a weak side platooon bat

Clearly I am terrible at fantasy baseball 

I think you'll be ok with the Hosmer deal by the end of it all, Sano is about to ride the pine for real. As for Duvall...oof, H. Ramirez has a large enough MLB sample size that this was a bit unwarranted. Don't know why Duvall isn't getting more respect this year after what he did last year in the shortened campaign, his BA stinks but he's a power/RBI machine. That one stings.

10 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

I think you'll be ok with the Hosmer deal by the end of it all, Sano is about to ride the pine for real. As for Duvall...oof, H. Ramirez has a large enough MLB sample size that this was a bit unwarranted. Don't know why Duvall isn't getting more respect this year after what he did last year in the shortened campaign, his BA stinks but he's a power/RBI machine. That one stings.

Yeah it was a terrible move probably both in hindsight at the time.  For both of these trades I  was getting sick of the perpetual 0/4 and 0/5 from both players and let my frustration get the best of me 

I play will Wil Myers everyday. I try to keep the 'start your studs' mentality, but over his last 2 weeks...0 runs, 0 rbi, 0 sb, batting about .160. So I bench him for the first time last night...

3/4, 2hrs

🤦‍♂️

Edited by gregp
  • Haha 2

I've done a lot of fantasy leagues over the year but I don't think I've ever had anything as disastrous as this team I drafted in this sh**show of a season. Here's how my first 12 rounds went:

Round 1: Soto - IL stint and mostly a bust

Round 2: Machado: banged up off and on and mostly a bust

Round 3: Mondesi: played 9 games so far.

Round 4: C. Seager: out with a broken hand

Round 5: Glasnow: arm fell off when he was no longer able to glue his hand to the baseballs

Round 6: Hiura: currently on extended vacation in Nashville after whiffing at a pace that would make Chris Davis blush

Round 7: Plesac: broke his hand taking off his damn shirt

Round 8: Yordan: so far just a COVID IL stint but say some prayers for him

Round 9: Rosenthal: my 1st closer hasn't thrown a pitch all year and who knows if he will

Round 10: McCullers: recent IL stint

Round 11: Yates: my 2nd closer. Zero pitches thrown, 1 Tommy John surgery

Round 12: D. Moore: recent IL stint and can't seem to hit over .200

Sigh.

1 hour ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Yeah it was a terrible move probably both in hindsight at the time.  For both of these trades I  was getting sick of the perpetual 0/4 and 0/5 from both players and let my frustration get the best of me 

Another 2 run HR for Duvall.  pain. 

8 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

F you Domingo German, you domestic abusing piece of sh$&

I like how his new facial-hair approach has made him look even shadier

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, gregp said:

I play will Wil Myers everyday. I try to keep the 'start your studs' mentality, but over his last 2 weeks...0 runs, 0 rbi, 0 sb, batting about .160. So I bench him for the first time last night...

3/4, 2hrs

🤦‍♂️

haha me too

i'm going to continue to bench in the hopes that it works as an anti-jinx and i can trade his a**