NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Vent and Rant Thread

another week another slew of players coming back from the IL just in time to play me.  this week its eloy, judge, and scherzer.

Oh and i get to catch other players as they are heating up i.e. JoRam.

i ******** hate fantasy baseball so ******** much.

1 minute ago, crotchcrickets said:

another week another slew of players coming back from the IL just in time to play me.  this week its eloy, judge, and scherzer.

Oh and i get to catch other players as they are heating up i.e. JoRam.

i ******** hate fantasy baseball so ******** much.

Scherzer was never on the disabled list this last time...

I swear, Cleveland can only hit against my pitchers. That team is near the bottom of baseball in offense and Kim had been fantastic of late, so of course, he gave up three home runs in the third and didn't make it out of the inning. 😖

I once had a studly staff with guys like Kikuchi, Gausman, Yu, Valdez, Rogers and Gallen.  Couple that with a lineup including Betts, Acuna, Trea, Arenado, Realmuto and Alvarez and I was the king of the jungle for most of the season.  They’re all either hurt or turned into pumpkins at around the same time.  It’s amazing how much ground you can lose within a few weeks.  

1st place regular season prize is $175.  2nd place is $85.  3 weeks left and we play 3 opponents each week.  Had a 7 game lead over 2nd place team at the beginning of last week and it’s now down to 4.  I’m already getting crushed by the worst 2 teams this week so I expect that lead to slip to 1 game after this week.  I may still get the second place prize as long as I don’t go 0-9 and the 3rd place team goes 9-0.  I’ll do my part for sure.

Edited by mehtavg2000

Pick Haase up when he's 20% owned right before he received OF eligibility. Then he goes cold and starts sitting a bunch of games so I drop. Now he's back in the lineup every night and raking after he's scooped up by someone else. Very frustrating.

In my 20 year league, these are my 6 keepers:

Degrom(IL), Bieber(IL), Acuna(IL), Trea(IL), Tatis(??) and Soto.

I have never seen injuries like this. So frustrating. This doesn't include the 3-4 other guys on the IL or DTD, EVERY day.

1 hour ago, laracco said:

I have never seen injuries like this. So frustrating. This doesn't include the 3-4 other guys on the IL or DTD, EVERY day.

How could it be possiable for one team in any League to own all 6 of those players? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laracco said:

This is the VENT AND RANT thread 

5 hours ago, mks said:

How could it be possible for one team in any League to own all 6 of those players? 

I guess you missed the part about 20 year keeper league. It's called building a team. Drafts, trades, keepers and being aggressive on grabbing prospects before anyone else. Can't ever post without someone saying this.

18 minutes ago, laracco said:

I guess you missed the part about 20 year keeper league. It's called building a team. Drafts, trades, keepers and being aggressive on grabbing prospects before anyone else. Can't ever post without someone saying this.

Its all cool.  Still can't figure out how you got Soto Tatis and Acuna without anyone else in your LG snatching them. I can only assume you have some neglectful managers playing in your lg which allows you to snag 6 1st RD draft pick level players.

29 minutes ago, laracco said:

you can't ever post without someone saying this because no lg should have 1 team with soto tatis and acuna on it.  thats the 1st 3 or 4 draft picks overall in Most Lgs

1 hour ago, mks said:

you can't ever post without someone saying this because no lg should have 1 team with soto tatis and acuna on it.  thats the 1st 3 or 4 draft picks overall in Most Lgs

I have to say, it’s really really strange to post in the Vent and Rant Thread about someone’s keepers in a keeper league.

Really strange.

• Like 1

I had a ton of shares of Graveman, Suarez, and Garcia that got counterfeited by the trade deadline this week.  I thought I’d come out okay replacing them with Bender, Sewald, and Bednar and of course none of them are closing.

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I have to say, it’s really really strange to post in the Vent and Rant Thread about someone’s keepers in a keeper league.

Really strange.

its also strange for someone to stalk every post i make

Just now, mks said:

its also strange for someone to stalk every post i make

My friend, I have much much better things to do with my time than respond to every one of your whining posts.  

Have a good evening.

Its not the right thread for the discussion, but mks's reaction to that is not surprising. This is a large reason why many people eventually turn away from dynasty formats. There are plenty of leagues where a smart and savvy manager can build a team that strong over the years through aggressive managing and deal-making.

Most of the skills are way above your average player's skill/attention level. He's surely a dedicated manager, year round, to have made that team, and I'm thinking that people in his league are a little disenchanted by it. I wonder if he's doing well in the standings still, despite the rant because all those guys had strong years and I'm guessing this team will still find a way to win the title.

If he does, it underscores how dominant that keeper group is-it would take the avalanche of issues those guys have had to fade in 2021 to really derail that team. A team that good can cause a league to disband if he keeps winning year after year. Its not entirely uncommon in legacy leagues. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

My friend, I have much much better things to do with my time than respond to every one of your whining posts.  

Have a good evening.

if you have better things to do then why you always respond then

7 minutes ago, mks said:

if you have better things to do then why you always respond then

I initially felt somehow drawn to help you.

Now you’re on your own, dude. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Looks like MKS and Donnie Baseball needs to be scheduled for the next pay per view…thread starting to look like Richard Kimble and the 3-1 maylay from yesterday’s trade deadline thread!!

the next pay per view wrasslin’ card is filling up fast!!

🤣🤣🤣

I wouldn’t be able to collect when I put my opponent in the DDT 25 seconds in and the match ends.  Not worth it.