NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Vent and Rant Thread

2 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Sure you would, you get paid by the promoters, not your opppnent!

😁

Yes.  It was more of a moral opposition. He would never be the same following my DDT.

I am 8th out of 10 in my league, and losing 9-2 this week.  

I am top 5 in 10 of 11 categories on the season, and 1st in 4 of 11. 

Just looking at stat totals, I am probably the best team in the league.

Yet again I get close and hit .150 on the day with a 10+ era...falling apart, got 2 weeks to win big or I'm toast.

1 minute ago, AlexxelA said:

Yet again I get close and hit .150 on the day with a 10+ era...falling apart, got 2 weeks to win big or I'm toast.

EXACT reason I have played roto my entire life and always will

• Like 1

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

EXACT reason I have played roto my entire life and always will

That doesn't incorporate any H2H right?  Never played roto.  Does it get boring if you're just counting stats and not really playing against anyone?  If that's what it is...

12 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

The Boxscores are just randomly generated numbers. Timing is everything

Edited by mks

23 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

That doesn't incorporate any H2H right?  Never played roto.  Does it get boring if you're just counting stats and not really playing against anyone?  If that's what it is...

Yes. It gets boring. 

2 hours ago, mks said:

you can't ever post without someone saying this because no lg should have 1 team with soto tatis and acuna on it.  thats the 1st 3 or 4 draft picks overall in Most Lgs

We have no penalties for keeping draft picks. We just keep any 6. Sorry if this is not fair to you, but EVERYONE had the same chance to get these guys. Traded Bregman for Trea, Picked up Acuna at the very end of 2017 before he was in the bigs. Picked up Tatis  and Soto the moment I saw they were getting called up. Kept Degrom and drafted Bieber in 2019. Just happened that they're all studs. I was in another league where the guys had Trout, Manny, Lindor and Arenado for the last 5 seasons and that was with round penalties. It happens.

Edited by laracco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Kimble said:

Its not the right thread for the discussion, but mks's reaction to that is not surprising. This is a large reason why many people eventually turn away from dynasty formats. There are plenty of leagues where a smart and savvy manager can build a team that strong over the years through aggressive managing and deal-making.

Most of the skills are way above your average player's skill/attention level. He's surely a dedicated manager, year round, to have made that team, and I'm thinking that people in his league are a little disenchanted by it. I wonder if he's doing well in the standings still, despite the rant because all those guys had strong years and I'm guessing this team will still find a way to win the title.

If he does, it underscores how dominant that keeper group is-it would take the avalanche of issues those guys have had to fade in 2021 to really derail that team. A team that good can cause a league to disband if he keeps winning year after year. Its not entirely uncommon in legacy leagues. 

Won in 2018. Best record in 2019, but lost as it's H2 H and the other team got hot. League didn't play in 2020 due to covid. Best record again this year, but it's H2H and anything can happen. 

The guy that beat me in 2019 has won 5 of the last 9 titles. Another guy won 3 and I won 1. There should be no complaining of me "winning" as I have done so once in 12 years.

• Like 1

What kind of keeper league allows you to "pick up" good prospects instead of a draft?

Just now, laracco said:

Best record again this year

SO you have the best record this year and have like the 6 best players you could ever have in a keep 6 keeper league.  And you are posting in this thread because why?

1 minute ago, Fbaseballgod said:

What kind of keeper league allows you to "pick up" good prospects instead of a draft?

SO you have the best record this year and have like the 6 best players you could ever have in a keep 6 keeper league.  And you are posting in this thread because why?

Try reading the OP about injuries and you'll find your answer. 5 of 6 keepers out. It's a rant about injuries and that is all. Ok?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, laracco said:

Try reading the OP about injuries and you'll find your answer. 5 of 6 keepers out. It's a rant about injuries and that is all. Ok?

That's like a billionare complaining that the manufacturers did the wrong color inside of their second private jet

That's like a billionare complaining that the manufacturers did the wrong color inside of their second private jet

JFC. Can't even come to a vent and rant page to vent without someone getting into a pi$$ing match. Have a great night.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, laracco said:

Won in 2018. Best record in 2019, but lost as it's H2 H and the other team got hot. League didn't play in 2020 due to covid. Best record again this year, but it's H2H and anything can happen. 

The guy that beat me in 2019 has won 5 of the last 9 titles. Another guy won 3 and I won 1. There should be no complaining of me "winning" as I have done so once in 12 years.

Then you have every right to complain, because you should be coasting to a title this year, which is yours by all rights after years of taking it on the chin from the other guy who's been dominating. This should be your moment and once again, injury and variance is putting it into doubt. Take solace in the fact that you'll still be in great position to contend for YEARS to come, and you've still got Turner coming back sooner than later and to a much better team. You're in 1st, and there's a very good chance DeGrom, Tatis Jr. will be back and contributing before the H2H playoffs. Those teams need their services to secure the playoff berth. Bieber is a little dicey, but he probably is going to make it back on the field, and that would give you a lot of hope that his injury isn't a long term concern into next year. You're just going to have to write Acuna's injury off to bad luck, and hope all these guys can still put you over the top. If you get all 3 back, you'll get a well-deserved win. If 2 of 3 return, I still like your chances a good deal.

15 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

you could easily have put those 6 players has the 1st 6 player off the board in a standard draft this yr. add Betts Cole and Trout and he  has 6 of the top 9 picks in any draft this yr. Good on him for getting them all but I agree How is Soto and Tatis avalable has wavier wire pickups and not on someones roster already. Its not like they were not known to be future generational players even before they got to the majors.

27 minutes ago, laracco said:

I think you have 3 Stacked teams and 9 teams that don;t really have that much a chance to win it. In order to beat those 6 another team would have to have a Vladdy Cole Woody Freeman Betts and Story team, Then another Team would have to have Trout Altuve Realmuto Kershaw Max and Ramirez. This leaves not to many top 2 round players spread out among the other 9 teams

46 minutes ago, laracco said:

We have no penalties for keeping draft picks. We just keep any 6. Sorry if this is not fair to you, but EVERYONE had the same chance to get these guys. Traded Bregman for Trea, Picked up Acuna at the very end of 2017 before he was in the bigs. Picked up Tatis  and Soto the moment I saw they were getting called up. Kept Degrom and drafted Bieber in 2019. Just happened that they're all studs. I was in another league where the guys had Trout, Manny, Lindor and Arenado for the last 5 seasons and that was with round penalties. It happens.

You really don’t have to explain yourself to anyone who doesn’t understand how 20-year-old keepers work.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, laracco said:

Laracco, no idea why people are piling on you in a V&RT.  Wow.  Some very strange folks showing up on the boards these days.  Sorry, dude.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, laracco said:

JFC. Can't even come to a vent and rant page to vent without someone getting into a pi$$ing match. Have a great night.

Look, if you’re actually genuinely upset that you are suffering through injuries while having the best record in the league, and having basically the best 6 keepers you can have, then I apologize.  But FMPOV your post came across as a humblebrag and I don’t think it’s cool to do that in this thread in particular.   Like “oh wow, I happen to have the best keeper core I could possibly have, and I’m winning my league… but oh man Those dang injuries!  I’m just like the rest of y’all!” I’m not saying that’s what you intended but that’s how it came across to me. I mean, you are literally in the best position you could ever be for the future and also are on top of the league this season.  You’ve basically won fantasy baseball in that league, good job lol 

Edited by Fbaseballgod

Look, if you’re actually genuinely upset that you are suffering through injuries while having the best record in the league, and having basically the best 6 keepers you can have, then I apologize.  But FMPOV your post came across as a humblebrag and I don’t think it’s cool to do that in this thread in particular.    I mean, you are literally in the best position you could ever be for the future and also are on top of the league this season.  You’ve basically won fantasy baseball in that league, good job lol 

This isn’t the appropriate venue to mock people for venting and ranting.  It’s the frickin’ “Vent and Rant” thread for f’s sake!

• Like 3

Just now, BMcP said:

This isn’t the appropriate venue to mock people for venting and ranting.  It’s the frickin’ “Vent and Rant” thread for f’s sake!

I wish I could be as good as that player and vent about… winning my league? while having the ideal 6 keepers…  

like cmon.  It honesty suspends my belief that people could be genuinely upset at a few injuries with that, which is why I interpreted it as a humblebrag.   

imo people come to this thread when genuinely frustrated and it can be annoying to see thinly veiled bragging in the form of a “complaint.”