NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Vent and Rant Thread

26 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

I wish I could be as good as that player and vent about… winning my league? while having the ideal 6 keepers…  

like cmon.  It honesty suspends my belief that people could be genuinely upset at a few injuries with that, which is why I interpreted it as a humblebrag.   

imo people come to this thread when genuinely frustrated and it can be annoying to see thinly veiled bragging in the form of a “complaint.” 

I too find it weird when people use a thread exactly how it’s intended. How dare they!

Can you join my crusade to ban trade discussions in the Bench Coach Forum?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In one of my 30 team dynasty leagues I'm 17 games ahead of my 2nd place opponent which means I've secured a lot of money for this year because my division is locked.  I have one of the most dynamic pitching staffs in the entire league and my lineup is the indisputable #1.  I have numerous studs locked away for multiple years, including Soto, Seager, Machado, and Cole.   With that being said, I've come into a bit of annoyance lately with Seager- he missed yesterday for no reason (loldogers) which means I lost his points for yesterday's matchup.  I won the matchup anyway, of course, but it was still really annoying and I felt the need to vent and rant about it in this thread  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, laracco said:

JFC. Can't even come to a vent and rant page to vent without someone getting into a pi$$ing match. Have a great night.

I’m with you man.  You built a juggernaut squad and other than Soto, they’re all hurt.  That’s a legit vent.  Can’t believe people are actually venting about your vent lol.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

I wish I could be as good as that player and vent about… winning my league? while having the ideal 6 keepers…  

like cmon.  It honesty suspends my belief that people could be genuinely upset at a few injuries with that, which is why I interpreted it as a humblebrag.   

imo people come to this thread when genuinely frustrated and it can be annoying to see thinly veiled bragging in the form of a “complaint.” 

I didn’t read it as a humble brag at all.  That seems like a cynical take.  He built an amazing team and due to dumb luck (injuries) he’s in a bad position at the point in the season when it matters most.  Why is that not a legit vent?  I’m legitimately baffled by how this is bothering you.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

In one of my 30 team dynasty leagues I'm 17 games ahead of my 2nd place opponent which means I've secured a lot of money for this year because my division is locked.  I have one of the most dynamic pitching staffs in the entire league and my lineup is the indisputable #1.  I have numerous studs locked away for multiple years, including Soto, Seager, Machado, and Cole.   With that being said, I've come into a bit of annoyance lately with Seager- he missed yesterday for no reason (loldogers) which means I lost his points for yesterday's matchup.  I won the matchup anyway, of course, but it was still really annoying and I felt the need to vent and rant about it in this thread  

Wow lol

6 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I didn’t read it as a humble brag at all.  That seems like a cynical take.  He built an amazing team and due to dumb luck (injuries) he’s in a bad position at the point in the season when it matters most.  Why is that not a legit vent?  I’m legitimately baffled by how this is bothering you.

The dude is in first place and is going to probably win the league and then win the league for the next 15 years because he literally has Soto, acuna, tatis, trea, bieber, and degrom in a 6 keeper league.   I am baffled by how you are baffled why I don't think this is really something to complain about?  Like I was like "cmon man" and then I was going to give him/her the benefit of the doubt, like "ok, maybe they really did have this great team, but they are underperforming" and then they were like "I'm in first place" and I was like 🙄.  The absolute worst case scenario for him is that he goes into the playoffs as the favorite beacuse he's apparently done well enough to be #1 in the league with his 6 best players injured.   And regardless of what happens he's set for the next 15 years. Job well done.  Like I said, he's basically won fantasy baseball lol, and all props to him- but why is this sentiment being expressed in a VENT AND RANT thread.   

And fwiw I don't even know if he intended to humblebrag or if that was just how it came off to me, but regardless of intent that's how it felt to me.  Like you can look at every single other post in this thread and it's full of legitimate gripes.  And then you have a guy with a superteam complaining about how some of his stars are injured now and they won't be able to... push him over the top... while still being in first place anyway

21 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

He has  way more reason to complain than redraft owners, because this year is supposed to have been a slam dunk with that core.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but he should be a slam dunk for the next decade with that core. I feel I have an apt analogy demonstrating why this gripe is unworthy, if I may. 

Guys, I own 6 yachts. SIX yachts guys. But damnit all of them, ALL OF THEM, are out of service right now and because of that, life sucks and it's not fair. And yes, I lead a life of luxury despite my current lack of working yachts, but I need y'all to feel bad and sympathize with me because y'all know what it's like to have 6 yachts. And yes, I have the money to fix them but waiting for them to be working again is such a pain , even though my 8 jet skis, 4 snow mobiles and my prized motorcycle still work. Feel bad for me please. 

end scene.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

This was all it was intended to be. Just venting because I’ve finally put together this team and now 5 of the 6 guys are out. It doesn’t matter how I put the team together. It’s how it happened and now I want to make a run like other teams in the league have done. We get 50 transactions a season. I use a lot of my transactions on prospects and look for gold. Other guys don’t want to use their transactions for anybody but established guys and never look at prospects. That’s on them. That’s my plan and it has worked for me to get these guys. Most of the times, they get thrown back. Currently with all of the injuries and prospect grabs, I’m already at 38/50 transactions, so now need to be selective so I don’t runout by playoff time, where everyone usually save a few transactions for pitching to try to win a few extra categories. Just because I am in first place right now means nothing. It’s H2H 16 categories. I currently have a 6 game lead on 2nd, but that can turn within a week. Great to be in first, but if you think it will stay that way because I now have Farmer, Bohm and Brandon Marsh taking over for Trea, Tatis and Acuna, and guys like Gomber and T.Walker in place of Degrom and Bieber I can’t help you understand the vent. I had Walsh and McCutchen helping out, but you can add them to the injury list as well. Acuna is not coming back. Tatis is probably not coming back. Degrom had a set back and is getting older. There is no given for championships, no matter what team you put together. This is H2H. I have no doubt that I’ll be in the mix if I have all of those guys together and that’s all I can ask for.

Going forward, I’ll know that the vent and rant thread is only for venting on things that a select few will allow, or it won’t get approved and I’ll get flamed. It still boggles my mind that it has blown up like this, but it’s the internet, and if there isn’t someone trying to pick a fight or $hi!!ing on you, then is it really the internet?

To those that understood the rant and defended it, CHEERS!!

Have a great rest of your weekend. I’ll be taking a break from this place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

The dude is in first place and is going to probably win the league and then win the league for the next 15 years because he literally has Soto, acuna, tatis, trea, bieber, and degrom in a 6 keeper league.   I am baffled by how you are baffled why I don't think this is really something to complain about?  Like I was like "cmon man" and then I was going to give him/her the benefit of the doubt, like "ok, maybe they really did have this great team, but they are underperforming" and then they were like "I'm in first place" and I was like 🙄.  The absolute worst case scenario for him is that he goes into the playoffs as the favorite beacuse he's apparently done well enough to be #1 in the league with his 6 best players injured.   And regardless of what happens he's set for the next 15 years. Job well done.  Like I said, he's basically won fantasy baseball lol, and all props to him- but why is this sentiment being expressed in a VENT AND RANT thread.   

And fwiw I don't even know if he intended to humblebrag or if that was just how it came off to me, but regardless of intent that's how it felt to me.  Like you can look at every single other post in this thread and it's full of legitimate gripes.  And then you have a guy with a superteam complaining about how some of his stars are injured now and they won't be able to... push him over the top... while still being in first place anyway

Because he was venting. 

even your swing at a ridiculous vent/rant was, by definition, a vent/rant. 

Somehow you found the only vent/rant not acceptable by vent/rant board standards - ranting that someone can’t vent. 

Sucks for you about your fictional Seager issue. Maybe you can try several other examples that will still be vents and/or rants that will then also be acceptable to post here until you grasp the concept. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BottleRocketeer said:

I don't have a dog in the fight, but he should be a slam dunk for the next decade with that core. I feel I have an apt analogy demonstrating why this gripe is unworthy, if I may. 

Guys, I own 6 yachts. SIX yachts guys. But damnit all of them, ALL OF THEM, are out of service right now and because of that, life sucks and it's not fair. And yes, I lead a life of luxury despite my current lack of working yachts, but I need y'all to feel bad and sympathize with me because y'all know what it's like to have 6 yachts. And yes, I have the money to fix them but waiting for them to be working again is such a pain , even though my 8 jet skis, 4 snow mobiles and my prized motorcycle still work. Feel bad for me please. 

end scene.

Also a vent.

It’s fun when people think they’re making a point but they’re somehow just actually doing the thing this thread is intended to do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mcbane said:

Also a vent.

It’s fun when people think they’re making a point but they’re somehow just actually doing the thing this thread is intended to do. 

And I would also say that what I posted was more of an observation than vent. I'm not gunna say people should or shouldn't post on here  but it did seem like my analogy was apt and the reason why he was getting so much flak.  

12 minutes ago, BottleRocketeer said:

but a worthy vent. 

It isn’t called the “Worthy Vent & Rant” thread. 

and just for my opinion on the “quality of it” (which is besides the point) - 

uhhh, it’s a great f’ing vent. You best believe if I worked that hard to have those guys and they all went out in the stretch I’d be pissed. I am also in a keep forever league and a guy there intentionally tanked for several season and focused on getting prospects and he has a similar mix of guys. His team sucked for several years, there’s plenty of competition, and I can tell you my complaints feel like BS compared to losing Acuna for the season. 

Let’s also not pretend it isn’t a better vent than “I was 1-30 today” because that was temporary. Let’s also not pretend you wouldn’t also be venting if this happened to your team. 

End of rant 

Edited by mcbane
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, BottleRocketeer said:

And I would also say that what I posted was more of an observation than vent. I'm not gunna say people should or shouldn't post on here  but it did seem like my analogy was apt and the reason why he was getting so much flak.  

No, it was an example of a vent you believed wasn’t valid. Because it was a vent, and in no way limiting someone else’s ability to vent, it was appropriate. Well, technically it needed to include baseball, so, not totally appropriate, but you get the point. 

9 minutes ago, mcbane said:

No, it was an example of a vent you believed wasn’t valid. Because it was a vent, and in no way limiting someone else’s ability to vent, it was appropriate. Well, technically it needed to include baseball, so, not totally appropriate, but you get the point. 

Everyone here is entitled to their opinion. You, me, and stacks of fantasy baseball riches guy. If people wanna post about how it sucks to lose players to injuries , obviously that's totally fine. If others wanna opine/rant/vent about how that guy's situation is a little over the top to be complaining, that's totally fine. If one gets offended, well, that's a personal problem. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BottleRocketeer said:

Everyone here is entitled to their opinion. You, me, and stacks of fantasy baseball riches guy. If people wanna post about how it sucks to lose players to injuries , obviously that's totally fine. If others wanna opine/rant/vent about how that guy's situation is a little over the top to be complaining, that's totally fine. If one gets offended, well, that's a personal problem. 

I think you’re confused by who’s being “offended” here. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mcbane said:

I will also say that if I  came upon owning those 6 gemstone fantasy players in a fashion which was honorable and above reproach, I wouldn't take offense to others questioning how I obtained them.  If you post on here in any thread or forum, you leave yourself open to be criticized or praised. If you can only handle praise, then probably best to stay off these things. 

7 minutes ago, BottleRocketeer said:

I will also say that if I  came upon owning those 6 gemstone fantasy players in a fashion which was honorable and above reproach, I wouldn't take offense to others questioning how I obtained them.  If you post on here in any thread or forum, you leave yourself open to be criticized or praised. If you can only handle praise, then probably best to stay off these things. 

“Honorable and above reproach” lol wut 

And sure you wouldn’t. 

• Like 1

Just now, mcbane said:

You and the other dude. The issue isn’t with Larocco. 

I'm sorry if you got the impression I was offended, I certainly didn't know that I was haha. Just adding my 2 cents. Like I said, everyone is entitled to post whatever they want, as long as the mods allow it.