NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, this includes myself...

Picture this:  it's the year 2098, the world is a nuclear wasteland.  Buildings are merely empty crumbling shells.  The sky is an orange, purple color, constantly highlighted by dust clouds and freque

All my players who are clearly hurt also play on teams that wait until 10 seconds before the game starts to put guys on the DL. So now I have to watch people take players on my watchlist. Piss me off

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BottleRocketeer said:

I'm sorry if you got the impression I was offended, I certainly didn't know that I was haha. Just adding my 2 cents. Like I said, everyone is entitled to post whatever they want, as long as the mods allow it. 

Then why comment to the contrary?

2 minutes ago, mcbane said:

You and the other dude. The issue isn’t with Larocco. 

I do think in today's society, disagreement and offense have been meshed into one. I believe one can disagree with another and not be offended. Even you, I disagree with your assessment of my emotions, but I'm not offended by your assessment. I appreciate that you have your viewpoint.   But, you can have the last word if you want. This thread would probably be better served if the discussions were geared towards fantasy baseball venting and ranting, so I'll see myself out. 

• Like 1
Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Updated pay per view wrasslin’ card…

Richard Kimble in a 1 on 3 handicap match

MKS vs Donnie Baseball

Mcbane vs Bottlerocketeer

This was a house match. Not a PPV main event. 

8 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Richard’s 1 on 3 handicap match is the main event of the pay per view,  you and Bottlerocketeer can open the event if you want

I’m the undercard?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
54 minutes ago, BottleRocketeer said:

I do think in today's society, disagreement and offense have been meshed into one. I believe one can disagree with another and not be offended. Even you, I disagree with your assessment of my emotions, but I'm not offended by your assessment. I appreciate that you have your viewpoint.   But, you can have the last word if you want. This thread would probably be better served if the discussions were geared towards fantasy baseball venting and ranting, so I'll see myself out. 

Nah. This isn’t new. 

and more it had to do with assuming Laracco was offended and that somehow pointed towards some nefarious intent on his part when folks were upset he was using the sub as intended. I’d point more to those folks being “offended” than Laracco. 

• Haha 1

Checked my lineup 15 minutes before games started this morning and Sandy Alcantara was not listed as a starter on Yahoo.  I checked my stats once the games got started and surprise!  he had that green check mark but the game was locked just into the 1st inning.  Good job Yahoo.  (I know not to rely on Yahoo but come on, I can't check mlb.com every day for every SP matchup).  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Checked my lineup 15 minutes before games started this morning and Sandy Alcantara was not listed as a starter on Yahoo.  I checked my stats once the games got started and surprise!  he had that green check mark but the game was locked just into the 1st inning.  Good job Yahoo.  (I know not to rely on Yahoo but come on, I can't check mlb.com every day for every SP matchup).  

It’s your own fault for relying on YAHOO

🤣🤣🤣

and why can’t you check MLB.com for accurate info on who is starting on the mound, are you not allowed to?

8 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

It’s your own fault for relying on YAHOO

🤣🤣🤣

and why can’t you check MLB.com for accurate info on who is starting on the mound, are you not allowed to?

It's not that I can't.  It's that you'd think a platform who hosts thousands of leagues could hire people to stay on top something like that.  No I don't want to check mlb.com 7 days a week for 6 months straight to make sure Yahoo lineups are correct, that seems a bit excessive unless you are playing for thousands of dollars or something.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Fantrax also missed it which was surprising as they’re generally reliable 

4 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

It's not that I can't.  It's that you'd think a platform who hosts thousands of leagues could hire people to stay on top something like that.  No I don't want to check mlb.com 7 days a week for 6 months straight to make sure Yahoo lineups are correct, that seems a bit excessive unless you are playing for thousands of dollars or something.

They never have, and they never will..bottom line

Trade deadline put the final nail in the coffin for the NL only team this season.

Lost Rizzo and Schwarber. Braves deals for outfielders likely ends the playing time for Heredia. Giants getting Bryant, takes away some starts for Austin Slater.  Add that to the 8 guys already on the roster but injured. Plus Trevor Bauer.

Inter league trades used to be not as common, at least in my opinion. Maybe a couple a season, that in only leagues it wasn't a huge deal. With the number of trades this year at the deadline, these real life trades will probably have a big effect on fantasy leagues that are mono league.  

Anybody have good league rules in mono leagues to help offset lost players?

1)Carrying a second catcher to make up for some counting stats.

2) having both catchers on the EXACT same rest schedule so that one never plays when the other one doesn't.

3) the one good game a month they have is on the bench because the you carefully selected to 0-5 one to start instead.

Edited by Cesare13
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

1)Carrying a second catcher to make up for some counting stats.

2) having both catchers on the EXACT same rest schedule so that one never plays when the other one doesn't.

3) the one good game a month they have is on the bench because the you carefully selected to 0-5 one to start instead.

You went wrong with step 1. 

On 8/2/2021 at 12:29 PM, murraygd13 said:

Trade deadline put the final nail in the coffin for the NL only team this season....

Anybody have good league rules in mono leagues to help offset lost players?

Generally this is handled 2 ways; you can allow the teams to keep the player who is traded intraleague and keep the stats. I generally dislike this option in roto for a variety of reasons, but in H2H leagues its not a bad rule. Since only leagues usually have an auction process for these players coming over, this is a time that top half managers need to make deals with the other teams lower in the standings to position themselves for next year, and give up some pick/keeper value to balance it. 

Roto leagues often reward FAAB compensation for lost players to injury and trade, but when they happen at the deadline, the FAAB isn't as valuable if you receive it until after the initial FAAB lottery, so there really isn't a great solution there. Its just part of the game, unfortunately. Fun fact-every MLB team made at least 1 trade at this year's deadline. 

Also fun fact-Stephen Strasburg is still 52% owned in Yahoo!, exposing a real hard truth about our game: at this point in the season, about half the field has lost interest in their league. If you drafted Strasburg you were probably set up for a bad year, but the accumulation of injuries, length of the season, etc., this is always an issue, even though mobile apps are making it easier for managers to set rosters, replace players, etc.