NBC Sports Edge Forums

Which pitcher do you throw back?

Which Gray is that?  Sonny or Jon?  If it is Sonny, I keep him and Morton.  If its Jon, I keep Gallen and Morton.  Either way Morton is one of the two you keep since he is the only healthy one for now.

33 minutes ago, TheTruth024 said:

Which Gray is that?  Sonny or Jon?  If it is Sonny, I keep him and Morton.  If its Jon, I keep Gallen and Morton.  Either way Morton is one of the two you keep since he is the only healthy one for now.

This....i was assuming Jon Gray myself.

2 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

Ahh--yes, it's Sonny Gray.  

I have some reservations about him, for sure, but I feel like I can't pass up the dice roll in the 15th!

Thanks for your help, y'all!

1 hour ago, TheGreatest42 said:

Ahh--yes, it's Sonny Gray.  

I have some reservations about him, for sure, but I feel like I can't pass up the dice roll in the 15th!

Thanks for your help, y'all!

What reservations? The guy is head and shoulders above the declining and injury prone Morton.

20 minutes ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

What reservations? The guy is head and shoulders above the declining and injury prone Morton.

Agreed. 

My reservations are are simply due to his lingering back spasms.  While he seems to be on track to join the rotation a week or two into the season, it's possible that an issue like this will be something that plagues him for all of 2021.  

Still, I'm happy to take him at his discount in Round 15.   

Considering that you aren't in a keeper league I would say to throw back Gallen.  He's damaged goods at the moment & all of the pitchers are going to be on innings limits as it is.  Morton is going to pitch until the wheels fall off & Sonny Gray is great value at that draft slot.  Being a Mets fan I can tell you that the Braves know what they're doing & if they signed Morton they are going to get every last ounce of what he has left in the tank.