NBC Sports EDGE Forums

RJ Hampton 2020-2021 Outlook

3 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

I would hope so... They’re playing Michael Carter-Williams and James Ennis 30+ minutes.

And they are trash with all them minutes played... so I don't think it will hurt Orlando to play RJ Hampton right away.

1 hour ago, rob0403 said:

Is he one of those athletic non shooting guards? He shot like below 70% from the ft line internationally.

I have no idea what he is. I doubt anyone does. He didn't play much overseas and hasn't played much in the NBA. Complete mystery box. In the limited playing time, he's been a highlight reel but his shot seems to be questionable. Good mechanics tho so maybe more reps would help. Kinda gives me rookie Zach Lavine vibes.

I would love to see him start at guard. Just think he'd be a lot of fun to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

He just had a good line in 31 minutes. I had to drop Kira to make this happen, with Kira being doubtful to play tomorrow. 

Hampton plays tomorrow.

I'm just looking at that depleted roster and thinking, why not?

Did anyone see the game or have more opinions about him?

5 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

He just had a good line in 31 minutes. I had to drop Kira to make this happen, with Kira being doubtful to play tomorrow. 

Hampton plays tomorrow.

I'm just looking at that depleted roster and thinking, why not?

Did anyone see the game or have more opinions about him?

He can't shoot and takes bad perimeter  shots.

His drives and speed is pretty good, don't want to say elite...

Pretty low court vision.

Not really sold on the defensive stats fantasy potential.

Eye test makes me feel like a healthy Cole Anthony is a much higher level player.

Doesn't have the same Stat or skill versatility that made me believe in someone like Chuma Okeke. Don't think Hampton can do much if given the green light for high usage.

• Thanks 1

Nobody is talking about him, I guess. The kid is good. Super fast. Steals the ball with ease. Should have had 3 but one was not counted.. This game is not over, and his stats are great.

He also played next to Randle, who is himself no world-beater, to close out the half.

Orlando is looking for answers. They may have found one.

1 minute ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Just tuned in, and first thing I see is him shoot an open three airball.  Oof.

Yup. I was thinking the same thing. He also got to sit for a lot of the quarter, right after I posted.

Kid has quietly produced over the past few games. He even closed out the game which was nice to see. I’m thinking he’s gonna have some standard league status going forward. If T. Ross shuts it down ORL becomes OKC of the south. 
I might have jump on and see how this plays out.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in the first week of a 2 week finals and H. Barnes, J Brown, C. Wood and now B. Ingram from last night are all out....

I'm really hoping RJ can help save me somehow, someway... please keep producing like you have the past 2 games.. pleaaaaase!!!!