NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miami Dolphins 2021 Outlook

Welp, much as Philly is with Hurts, it appears my Dolphins are in fact all in on Tua.

Will be interesting to see what pieces they add to build around him. WR & RB seems rather obvious. As would be shoring up the Oline. They certainly have the draft capital to make it happen. Let's see what they do and who they pick, but everything is in place for the FO to build a solid core of young players for 2021 and beyond.

Fins Up?!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While I think Parsons is in the conversation, I think they are targeting a weapon for Tua at #6. Pitts, Chase, Smith and Waddle in that order for me. Sewell I don't think it making it to #6. But,

it’s kinda funny to think that if Miami wins a super bowl in the next 10-20 years it will likely be because of Bill O’Brien and Laremy Tunsil. The gifts that keep on giving.   thanks for the

Your posts about Tua make you seem depressed.

you loved Fitzpatrick based on your posts and the WFT could use all the fans that they can get.

Dolphins acquired a lot of picks. I’m interested to see what they will do with them. They have done almost nothing in Free Agency. Adding Will Fuller minus the steroids is a yet to be determined result. Missing on Corey Linsley was not awesome. So hope they really nail the draft.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

you loved Fitzpatrick based on your posts and the WFT could use all the fans that they can get.

Fitz is basically the people’s champ at this point in his career. Low key I’m excited to see him play in WFT.

As a dolphins fan, I don’t know how you can’t be excited about this trade. It’s a crazy deal for dropping nine spots and you have more than enough ammo to trade up in subsequent drafts if Tua isn’t the answer. 

They moved down 3 spots, picked up an additional 1st to do so.  As long as they aren't targeting a very specific player, this as a great deal for them.  Even if they are, this deal is still a win.

Edited by colorado2013
  • Like 1

Kyle Pitts I bet is the target at 6. Easily the best pass receiving TE prospect ever and a perfect weapon for the weak armed Tua to be bailed out by. Dude is just going to be amazing in the pros, can’t wait to watch him rip up the league. He has no weaknesses as a pass catcher at all.

Edited by killa3312
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

In Josh Rosen's mind, that's what Arizona did ;)

Josh Rosen was drafted 10th overall... a tad different but yes is a bit of an outlier, theoretically you don't give up on your guy after 1 season...

Edited by beotos
3 minutes ago, beotos said:

Josh Rosen was drafted 10th overall... a tad different but yes is a bit of an outlier, theoretically you don't give up on your guy after 1 season...

It was a reference to Rosen after the draft saying there had been 9 mistakes ahead of him ;)

Edited by Boudewijn

I rooted for Rosen and was one of those "he's better than Allen" idiots, but i still laughed at that statement.   Thinking he's all Aaron Rodgers and ****..........nope.   

1 hour ago, beotos said:

Josh Rosen was drafted 10th overall... a tad different but yes is a bit of an outlier, theoretically you don't give up on your guy after .

Edited by BMcP
18 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Your posts about Tua make you seem depressed.

Dolphins acquired a lot of picks. I’m interested to see what they will do with them. They have done almost nothing in Free Agency. Adding Will Fuller minus the steroids is a yet to be determined result. Missing on Corey Linsley was not awesome. So hope they really nail the draft.  

No, I wouldn't say depressed. Just a little disappointed (in the Tua pick). Herbert was my guy coming out, so it was more than  a little frustrating to watch him go off in year one in LA. As for Tua, safe to say he had a more up 'n down rookie campaign. We'll see what he does in year #2. I know you're a believer because of where he went to school, but my fear is he was propped up there by the talent around him, and/or will never be what he once was due to that hip injury. Only time will tell, so we'll just have to wait and see.

12 hours ago, killa3312 said:

Kyle Pitts I bet is the target at 6. Easily the best pass receiving TE prospect ever and a perfect weapon for the weak armed Tua to be bailed out by. Dude is just going to be amazing in the pros, can’t wait to watch him rip up the league. He has no weaknesses as a pass catcher at all.

I think your spot on. The move back up from #12 to #6 was very telling IMO. At least 3 and maybe 4 QB's are gonna go in the top 4-5 picks. That leaves Sewell, Pitts and Chase as the top non QB's available. I'm thinking Pitts is the target, but Chase and Sewell make for very palatable fallback options.

12 hours ago, beotos said:

It isn’t all that different. Sure, moving up into the top-5 and giving up on their guy is probably something that wouldn’t happen, but we have seen a recent example of a team giving up on a high 1st round draft pick QB within a year. I don’t think teams are marrying themselves to draft picks as much any more. At least some teams understand it is about getting the best player and not waiting around to see if your current players pan out.

6 hours ago, devaster said:

It isn’t all that different. Sure, moving up into the top-5 and giving up on their guy is probably something that wouldn’t happen, but we have seen a recent example of a team giving up on a high 1st round draft pick QB within a year. I don’t think teams are marrying themselves to draft picks as much any more. At least some teams understand it is about getting the best player and not waiting around to see if your current players pan out.

Do you have any examples besides josh rosen who was actually drafted 10th overall? And there was a coaching change (presumably the guy that sought after Rosen was fired). There was a clear upgrade in Kyler over Rosen whereas there isn't with Tua.

Flores pulls a Hoodie Souf, and gives his modest armed QB the Gronk/Hernandez special in Pitts/Gesecki. 

i'll watch  

hell, i'll draft. 

both. 

the Fish Stix are blueprinting a path to thwarting 'Homie & Josh for the next decade. 

coin will be wagered - i'll se ya at the cage, gents 🥦

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Flores pulls a Hoodie Souf, and gives his modest armed QB the Gronk/Hernandez special in Pitts/Gesecki. 

i'll watch  

hell, i'll draft. 

both. 

the Fish Stix are blueprinting a path to thwarting 'Homie & Josh for the next decade. 

coin will be wagered - i'll se ya at the cage, gents 🥦

pitts at 6 instead of Smitty?

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

pitts at 6 instead of Smitty?

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

Both of you are wrong. It's going to be Chase at 6.

Both are reasonable. It's clear the Dolphins have a plan though, and they don't feel the need to get a QB or OL. Good chance they go Waddle/Chase/Smith/Pitts, but what about Micah Parsons?

33 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Both are reasonable. It's clear the Dolphins have a plan though, and they don't feel the need to get a QB or OL. Good chance they go Waddle/Chase/Smith/Pitts, but what about Micah Parsons?

Would be a reach - I assume they are going best available in that spot offensively.

47 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Would be a reach - I assume they are going best available in that spot offensively.

Yeah I agree, I think they would have stayed at 12 if they wanted him. Still, just saying, there are a number of options and I don't think it's that clear cut, but WR/Pitts makes sense at 6.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

Yeah I agree, I think they would have stayed at 12 if they wanted him. Still, just saying, there are a number of options and I don't think it's that clear cut, but WR/Pitts makes sense at 6.

I’m with you - I honestly don’t know what they’re thinking yet.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

While I think Parsons is in the conversation, I think they are targeting a weapon for Tua at #6. Pitts, Chase, Smith and Waddle in that order for me.

Sewell I don't think it making it to #6. But, if he does, he's gotta be a consideration IMO. They may not feel that way, but I sure as hell do.

Keep in mind, they could still move back, or back up again because one thing is for sure. They're shown they will maneuver the draft to accumulate as many current and future picks as possible.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

hell, he (Pitts) might not even be there ... der Büngles could snatch at #5 🤔

I'd assume if Bengals decide against OL help, they would go for Burrows former teammate, Chase. 

Edited by colorado2013