NBC Sports Edge Forums

34 minutes ago, enyouartist said:

12 team dynasty

i traded Dylan Carlson for Max Fried,

then traded R.Montero, D.Williams, and Vidal Brujan for Matt Olson.  

How did I do? 

Forgot I also added Spencer Howard with Dylan Carlson for Max Fried.  

Not a fan of that first trade at all in a dynasty, with or without Howard. I would never trade Carlson for Fried straight-up, much less include a pitching prospect. 

Second deal is pretty good, depending on how you feel about Devin. In a dynasty, you got the known quantity who’s still only 26, and that’s good. 

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, I like baseball said:

I don’t like the first deal but you did well in the second.  With and without Howard in the first deal is a pretty big difference.

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Not a fan of that first trade at all in a dynasty, with or without Howard. I would never trade Carlson for Fried straight-up, much less include a pitching prospect. 

Second deal is pretty good, depending on how you feel about Devin. In a dynasty, you got the known quantity who’s still only 26, and that’s good. 

Dang, now I'm second guessing myself.  If you look at my roster, my pitching was my weak spot.  My current dynasty outfield is Acuna, Bellinger, Arozarena, and Nimmo (but soon to be Kelenic).  I also have Julio Rodriguez and Brandon Marsh in the minors. I felt like I had a lot of young depth in the outfield but really needed to address my pitching, so I traded Carlson to the Eloy Jimenez owner.   After that trade, I kind of felt like I needed another hitter so I traded for Olson.  Not sure if I took a step back forward or back in pitching.  What do you guys think of my lineup now?  (see below for my lineup).  Thanks for the help.

Edited by enyouartist

Agree with the others here unfortunately.  The first deal is a decent overpay including Howard, and likely even a bit high with Carlson alone.  I'd have liked to get back a small piece in addition to Fried for Carlson. 

Generally I like to be getting the one in X for one trades, so I like the second one on that basis from the start, and getting a reliable bat for a couple lesser prospects and MAYBE Josh Hader's replacement is a win imo.

I can see the logic behind the trades, just think you could have done a little better for Carlson.

• Thanks 1

I don’t think the first deal is bad at all. How do we know that Carlson will be better than Fried or that Howard will be an ace? This trade is only bad if one of them does better than Fried. The second is good.

• Thanks 1