NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yabba Da Baddoo!!!!!

He was a fairly highly-touted prospect at one point, but struggled at High-A in 2019 and then had Tommy John. Good power and speed but he strikes out too much. I wouldn't hold your breath on play

He was a fairly highly-touted prospect at one point, but struggled at High-A in 2019 and then had Tommy John. Good power and speed but he strikes out too much.

I wouldn't hold your breath on playing time. The Tigers kept five outfielders, and he's the 5th. If they were serious about giving him opportunities, they could've optioned Victor Reyes. But realistically he's on the MLB roster just because he's a Rule 5 guy and he's too good to give back to the division rival Twins.

I think he put himself back on the dynasty radar this spring. Seems unlikely he makes a redraft impact though. Ideally he'd go play every day in AA or AAA for a while but that's not how Rule 5 works.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So for me its not his production I am worried about and I know Hinch really likes him but its Hinch's verbage about role usage and playing time..he sees Baddoo more as a 5th outfielder, a pinch hitter and runner and starting a few times a week rather than full time OF...its a bummer...maybe he will play his way into everyday...

On 3/29/2021 at 7:09 PM, dfstout said:

So for me its not his production I am worried about and I know Hinch really likes him but its Hinch's verbage about role usage and playing time..he sees Baddoo more as a 5th outfielder, a pinch hitter and runner and starting a few times a week rather than full time OF...its a bummer...maybe he will play his way into everyday...

As seen from the usage, that is what he is, a 5th OF who if tough to roster depending on your format

I can't see even the horribly mismanaged Tigers not giving him a chance to run with the job.  Picked him up in some leagues.

He's got a chance to grab the job and just run with it (pun intended).

Edited by KingJoffrey
7 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Who is he competing against for a job?

Victor Reyes, jacoby jones, Nomar mazara, and some other stiff.

Edited by StevieStats
  • Haha 2

Looks like he's on the bench against the lefty, Happ.  If he's going to be in a strict platoon, sitting vs all lefties, then at least that'd be clarification that could be worked around. Just obviously don't know if that's the case yet.

Two bombs in two games... Tigers are 2-2... Better bench him, don't want good things to happen in Detroit. What a joke some of these teams are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They bench him and he still finds a way to win the game... Front office must hate this guy... I bet they suspended him for conduct detrimental to the team -- ruining the tank!!