NBC Sports Edge Forums

How much FAAB for Ha-Seong Kim?

12 team NL Only Dynasty.  We cannot draft players without MLB ABs/IPs so the occasional "Starter" from overseas cannot be drafted in the MLB draft, and this year we didn't have a MiLB draft either because Covid, so Kim is on the WW.

We have $100 for the year, I'm thinking around $30 is probably the right price, but thought I'd get some opinions.

The WW is BARE, we have all of 4 offensive players projected for 300 AB on the wire.

Edited by Heretic
  • Heretic changed the title to How much FAAB for Ha-Seong Kim?
21 minutes ago, Heretic said:

12 team NL Only Dynasty.  We cannot draft players without MLB ABs/IPs so the occasional "Starter" from overseas cannot be drafted in the MLB draft, and this year we didn't have a MiLB draft either because Covid, so Kim is on the WW.

We have $100 for the year, I'm thinking around $30 is probably the right price, but thought I'd get some opinions.

The WW is BARE, we have all of 4 offensive players projected for 300 AB on the wire.

I'd rather have that faab for a guy I know is gonna get ABs.  Too many mouths to feed in my opinion. Huge playing time concerns.  You also simply have no idea how he'll adjust to this league, but the track record of KBO hitters is questionable.

I know NL only is much harder for most people to evaluate, myself included, so who are some other options? India?

To me, that seems a bit high, but it all depends on your league and the owners' propensity to spend FAAB.  Look back at their previous bids and try to extrapolate a number from there.  In my league, a typical bid is around $5.  The max is $15, and that's with a $150 FAAB.   So it all depends on the other owners in the league.  It's worth noting, Kim has struggled so far in the spring.  As far as dynasty prospect ranking, I think he will be great and project him as a 20/20 player.   

Chime in with mine?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

I'd rather have that faab for a guy I know is gonna get ABs.  Too many mouths to feed in my opinion. Huge playing time concerns.  You also simply have no idea how he'll adjust to this league, but the track record of KBO hitters is questionable.

I know NL only is much harder for most people to evaluate, myself included, so who are some other options? India?

We have deep MiLB systems, so anyone of India's caliber is already rostered.  I have Jazz Chisholm and Jose Garcia in the Minors myself.  Basically Kim or Wilmer Difo at short.  Pablo Sandoval is another FA standout lol. 

I'm probably just going to roll with Jazz, but I figured I'd ask about the opty with Kim as "starters" are just unavailable this early as FA

Edited by Heretic