NBC Sports Edge Forums

5x5 Roto, 9 team Auction keeper, weekly format.  Lineup is below.  Who would you run out at util each week between J. Turner and I. Happ.

Catcher:  Grandal, S. Murphy

1B:  Olson

2B:  Albies

SS:  C. Seager

3B:  Machado

IF:  Bichette

OF 1-5:  Trout, Soto, K. Tucker, D. Smith, M. Yas.

Util:  I. Happ or J.Turner

Bench:  (Turner or Happ), Winker, Nimmo, Kelenic, Kirilloff

SP:  Flaherty, Maeda, McCullers, I. Anderson, S. Alcantara, Kluber

CL:  Rosenthal, Soria, Holland

Bench:  C. Javier, Siroka, Bass, Bard

DL:  Severino

I'll take Happ. More pos elegibility which gives you flexibility. More overall upside in multiple cats which gives you flexibility.

Pls help. 

Edited by thebestpr21

Play Turner until he gets hurt & then replace him with Happ.  Turner has only played more than 135 games one time in his 12 year career.  Meanwhile, the jury is still out on whether Happ is an up & coming stud or just another dude with decent pop & obp when given a full-time role.

11 hours ago, secretagentman said:

Any opinions on the team would also be welcome.

Thanks.

Offense is great

SP might need help

Kluber mccullers iffy

5 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Offense is great

SP might need help

Kluber mccullers iffy

Yeah we kept 8 and the only pitcher I had worth keeping was Flaherty at $6 thanks to Clevinger blowing out his arm.  I kept 7 stud hitters on the cheap (all 8 keepers cost me $55).  I had a lot of money to spend, so I had planned to spend whatever it took to get Kershaw and Maeda who were the best two SPs available (and K. Tucker who was on paper the best hitter around outside of Rendon) but pitching was in heavy demand and inflation was high.  The price for Kershaw was very high ($51).  As it is, I had to spend $46 to get Maeda, $31 to get Anderson.  Pieced together the staff.  Got McCullers cheap, though I am not that high on him.  I probably made a mistake not going higher on Fried who was out there and sold for $28 but at the time he came up I was pushing the 27 dollar bid.  In hindsight, I should have gone into the low 30s on him if need be.  Such is the life at an online auction where you have seconds to decide where your cutoff is sometimes.  Which is why I prefer in person auctions where everyone can take there time, but these days, that is virtually impossible.

• Thanks 1