NBC Sports Edge Forums

Do I need more starting pitching? Help and trade advice in 16-team OPS keeper--WHIR

Just had my auction draft for 16-team OPS keeper league, and wondering if I need more pitching. Pitching slots are 2 SP, 2 RP, and 3 P. Cats are W, K, ERA, WHIP, and NSVH. Current pitchers are:

Flaherty (SP), Wheeler (SP), Morton (SP), Montgomery (SP), Gausman (SP, RP), Peralta (SP, RP), C. Green (SP, RP), Hendriks (RP), E. Diaz (RP), D. Williams (RP), P. Fairbanks (RP)

Drafted Montgomery, Peralta, Green, and Fairbanks; all others were keepers.

First question: Do I have enough dedicated starters? Does it matter with solid SP/RP who can rack up Ks and NSVH and keep ERA and WHIP down?

Second question: I have a current offer which would send my Wheeler, Kristian Robinson, and Nick Gonzales to land Woodruff. Do I stand pat or make the move? My MiLB is stacked and could take the hit--I'm inclined to go for it. Thoughts?

WHIR.

Agree with Ashland, with Peralta making the rotation, I'm not worried about your SP / RP ratio.

And flip the future for now, unless your league has a couple SUPER stacked teams, you should be solid with that staff + Woodruff.

• Like 1

I think you are good pitching wise but personally I would get another SP. I like having more SP so I can sport start if I need to if I dont like a matchup. 

I like that trade too. Woodruff is a beast and the NL Central is weak this year IMO.

• Like 1

Hec yeah, get Woodruff.  Prospects are prospects. No guarantee.  You can always pick up more prospects.  There’s some questions on those prospects too. Robinson strikes out too much and Gonzalez may not necessarily hit for power.  As far as your first question, keep an eye on Trevor Rogers. He has high strikeout ratios and doing great in spring.  He’s made the roster and has 1rd pedigree.  You can drop Fairbanks if he doesn’t get the closing gig.  Thanks for your thoughts on my post. 

• Like 1