NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I also remember that the Marlins traded Christian Yelich for Lewis Brinson. 

In most dynasty formats he has been owned by everyone for a couple of years now.  Been a highly rated prospect and Miami's "get" for Zac Gallen in that trade.  And he will steal more than 20 bases a y

Posted Images

https://www.mlb.com/news/jazz-chisholm-jr-exits-game-with-strained-left-hamstring

Following the game, manager Don Mattingly said he had yet to get together with general manager Kim Ng and assistant GM Dan Greenlee to discuss the next course of action. Miami will conclude its three-game series in Milwaukee at 1:40 p.m. ET on Wednesday before flying to Washington D.C., for the final leg of a three-city, 10-game trip.

“I don't know if it's something that we can wait on and see what it looks like tomorrow, if it is a cramp or not,” Mattingly said. “But it's probably something we'll be cautious with. I'm not in a position to make that decision right now.”

“His hammy tightened up, said he felt something, like it cramped up when he was sliding into second,” Mattingly said. “He ran pretty good from third to home on the sac fly. We didn't notice a big jump or anything. … When you say your hamstring tightens up, you're going to be cautious right away.”

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Sucks, but I take it as good news, as you don't want him coming back in a few days, only to injury his hamstring further. Get healthy & be 100 for the rest of the season, Jazz.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

The thing that makes this that much more depressing is part of what Jazz such an interesting fantasy asset was his speed.  Not sure when he comes back, from a hammy issue, how often they'll be running him.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, IlliniGuy76 said:

The thing that makes this that much more depressing is part of what Jazz such an interesting fantasy asset was his speed.  Not sure when he comes back, from a hammy issue, how often they'll be running him.

spacer.png

Hopefully word will come out on the severity and it'll be mild but I don't think this is a Ketel Marte-type hamstring strain. It seems like the Marlins are playing it safe, which they should.

20 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

spacer.png

Grisham just had pulled his hammy and is stealing as much as ever a few weeks later.  Obviously varies case to case but Grisham’s case gives you hope

I think I would rather have anyone else on my entire team pull their hammy. Such a bummer, especially as a momentum killer.

Long season though, hope they don't rush him back.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, CFN said:

I think I would rather have anyone else on my entire team pull their hammy. Such a bummer, especially as a momentum killer.

Long season though, hope they don't rush him back.

I would sacrifice my own hammy

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

.390 BABIP and 31% K rate. The downfall will be something to watch.

And now with a messed up Hammy diminished speed. Sounds he’s a solid drop in all formats. Or you can trade him to me and let me take the risk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 4/28/2021 at 5:24 PM, IlliniGuy76 said:

spacer.png

Luckily their offense is awful so they'll need to manufacture runs using Jazz's speed. So I don't think they'll limit him, that's why they're being cautious with him now to get him right. Always worth looking for upcoming speed guys on bad offenses- it's why guys like Albies haven't put up big steal numbers like everyone expected. Get back soon Jazz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 4/28/2021 at 4:06 PM, Thenewwildone8 said:

.390 BABIP and 31% K rate. The downfall will be something to watch.

Too soon to make that call. I actually argue it is his K-Rate that will fall. He has a 28% O-Swing and 11% Swinging Strikes... He controls the strike zone well and doesn't have a bad swinging strike rate, little elevated but those numbers don't show me 30%+ strike outs. He can hit 250+ ... League average is 232 right now.

Besides, we are here for swipes and bombs. He provides those we just need an average that treads water, anything else is a bonus.

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Too soon to make that call. I actually argue it is his K-Rate that will fall. He has a 28% O-Swing and 11% Swinging Strikes... He controls the strike zone well and doesn't have a bad swinging strike rate, little elevated but those numbers don't show me 30%+ strike outs. He can hit 250+ ... League average is 232 right now.

Besides, we are here for swipes and bombs. He provides those we just need an average that treads water, anything else is a bonus.

agree.

his plate discipline is actually quite good, to be honest.

I can be bold and call him a Top 75 fantasy player starting from next year.

and a Top 25-50 in his prime.

Extremely impressed with what I saw during his first 3 weeks.

Marlins manager Don Mattingly is hopeful that Chisholm (hamstring) will be back "fairly quick" after his IL stint, Jordan McPherson of the Miami Herald reports.

Spin:Mattingly said that Chisholm's placement on the 10-day injured list was somewhat precautionary after Jorge Alfaro attempted to play through a hamstring issue earlier in the season and eventually required a stay on the injured list. Isan Diaz could serve as the top option at second base in the near future, but Jon Berti could also see increased time at the keystone once Brian Anderson (oblique) is cleared to return.

------
hopefully Mattingly is right for all of us Jazz owners!
  • Like 2