NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jazz Chisholm 2021 Outlook

5 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

A FA in 12 team leagues?  Got any spots open?  He's played 67 games, 43% of a season, and has 11 hr/11 sb, so on pace for close to a 25/25 season.  

His runs are low b/c he doesn't get on base a ton .318.  He is hitting over .250 and for a rookie that is not bad considering the state of the league right now.  Marlins just took 3 of 4 from LAD and 2 of 3 from ATL.  They could get hot.  He hits in front of some very good hitters (Starling Marte, Cooper, Duvall)...

I'd expect him to end around .260 20-25 SB and HR, 80-90 Runs and RBI

You sorta overlooked the NL RBI leader, mr AGUILAR

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

A FA in 12 team leagues?  Got any spots open?  He's played 67 games, 43% of a season, and has 11 hr/11 sb, so on pace for close to a 25/25 season.  

I agree it was a bad drop by that manager, he was in 8th place and probably desperate for a spark, and I wish I'd bid more to get him, but he has his warts as I pointed out. If he's must own in 12 teams,  I'd argue he's not in 10 teamers, where some teams are able to move through the hot hitters and pitchers with more confidence, even at scarcer positions like MI. You could have run Ramon Urias out there the past few weeks and done well. I'm not saying he's anywhere as good as Jazz, but in shallower leagues, players need to continue to produce or people cut bait, and Jazz fell off the map for a minute there. I am 100%  behind the fun aspect of his game, as they say, blue hair don't care. You still have to be objective about even your favorite players.

The announcers of the game just said they heard they injury is being called a "contusion."  A bit of hope maybe that it's not terribly serious (I did not watch it).  Anyone else hear anything concrete?

1 hour ago, AlexxelA said:

The announcers of the game just said they heard they injury is being called a "contusion."  A bit of hope maybe that it's not terribly serious (I did not watch it).  Anyone else hear anything concrete?

(37 mins ago) Chisholm (shoulder) underwent X-rays on Sunday that came back negative, Craig Mish of SportsGrid.com reports.

Chisholm has been diagnosed with a bruised left shoulder after exiting Sunday's game against the Phillies. Although it's encouraging that his X-rays were negative, he'll undergo further testing Monday to determine the extent of the injury. If the 23-year-old is forced to miss additional time, Joe Panik and Jon Berti could handle the duties at second base.

On 7/11/2021 at 2:52 PM, Richard Kimble said:

If he's must own in 12 teams,  I'd argue he's not in 10 teamer

The only possible way he's not a must own in a 10 team league is if you're playing 4x4 without steals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jazz having an MRI this afternoon BUT...

Please for the love that is all good in the universe don't have him sit on the bench for 6-7 days - just get him on the IL < signed, fantasy owner

Edited by IlliniGuy76

19 hours ago, cs3 said:

The only possible way he's not a must own in a 10 team league is if you're playing 4x4 without steals.

Chisholm has hit only .238/.293/.399 in 209 plate appearances since returning from the injured list on May 16. He's ranked 18th currently at 2B for Yahoo!, for reference, and several guys that are ranked behind him such as Segura, Gurriel, Wong, Lemahieu, are options I would still prefer ROS. The Marlins are going to trade Marte, etc., and become significantly worse.

I would prefer Lowrie, Urias, India, Polanco too. These guys are all better hitters than Jazz now, but he has more SB upside which is the main reason to own him at this point. I'll take him over Garret Hampson, Rojas, Wendle, Fletcher, McMahon, mostly due to PT or lineup issues with those guys. Jazz deserves a bench spot in 10-teamers, but he shouldn't be your starter. Its team dependent, and I hope he isn't going to miss much time with the shoulder issue. I want him to finish strong but he's fallen off quite a bit from his hot start.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Jazz having an MRI this afternoon BUT...

Please for the love that is all good in the universe don't have him sit on the bench for 6-7 days - just get him on the IL < signed, fantasy owner

Craig Mish of Sportsgrid reports that Jazz Chisholm (shoulder) will be placed on the injured list.

There's no word yet on the results of the MRI on Chisholm's left shoulder, but it had seemed like it was an IL situation. We should know more about his long-term prognosis later Monday.

1 minute ago, herschel said:

Craig Mish of Sportsgrid reports that Jazz Chisholm (shoulder) will be placed on the injured list.

There's no word yet on the results of the MRI on Chisholm's left shoulder, but it had seemed like it was an IL situation. We should know more about his long-term prognosis later Monday.

Yep - and now we hope he's going to miss minimal time.  We need more of the Jazz Singer!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

anyone know the time table for his return?  MRI revealed a bone bruise but i can't find anything on a timeframe

I'm also very curious about this question as well.   Wondering if we are going to hear anything before the 10 days go by, as you mentioned, there have been literally no updates aside from the fact that the MRI showed no structural damage.  

(45 mins ago) Chisholm (shoulder) is expected to begin a rehab assignment in the near future and could return during the Marlins' upcoming homestand that begins July 30, Christina De Nicola of MLB.com reports.

Chisholm has been dealing with a bone bruise in his left shoulder recently, but he was able to play catch on the field ahead of Thursday's matchup against the Padres. It appears as though the 23-year-old could be in line for a fairly minimal stay on the 10-day IL as long as his rehab assignment goes as planned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

posted to the athletic today to offer a little more insight on the injury:

Chisholm left 10 days ago after injuring his left shoulder as he dove for a line drive. X-rays were negative, but additional scans showed a bone bruise in his shoulder. A mild bone bruise can heal in about three weeks, but more serious ones can take months. Our algorithm is counting this as a grade 1 (mild) bone bruise. That means Jazz is slightly rushing his recovery, but when this injury is close to fully healed it is more about pain management. I wouldn’t expect Chisholm to be 100% if he comes back this weekend, but he should be healthy enough to play. Jazz was already playing catch and fielding grounders last week. Swinging the bat is a more painful step when coming back from this injury, and it’s unclear if he has tested out his swing yet. Diving to his left and landing on that side will also continue to be painful and could cause an aggravation over the next few weeks. The Marlins are hoping he can skip a rehab assignment and return to the lineup this weekend. Because he hasn’t missed much time this is an ok decision, but he needs to make sure he goes through enough drills that he has properly tested out his shoulder to make sure he can handle a game