NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Bryce Harper 2021 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

spacer.png

How early is too early?

seems to be going mid-2nd round almost always. How early would you reach? And I’m stoked and also worried I got to make my boys thread this year. 

Don’t have any shares of him and I am getting the feeling he’s gonna win the mvp this year. I bet he actually hits .280 or above and outperforms a lot of the first rounders.

50 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

spacer.png

How early is too early?

seems to be going mid-2nd round almost always. How early would you reach? And I’m stoked and also worried I got to make my boys thread this year. 

His victory cry after dusting Papelbon?

This is my first time owning him in a few years.  Took him at 21 in the second round over Machado.  After Freeman I don't see why he shouldn't be the next hitter off the board IMO anywhere from 12 - 18ish.  In this draft guys like Arenado and LeMahieu went before him which made me smile as I waited.  I guess Machado would also be someone to consider around the same time as well.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Anyone know when he might be back?

Just found out that he has a sore wrist from the ball deflecting onto it.   Sadly, could be much longer than we hoped.

31 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Just found out that he has a sore wrist from the ball deflecting onto it.   Sadly, could be much longer than we hoped.

I would think they would have just 10 day IL’ed him if it was going to extend beyond the next day or two

Posted (edited)

Hopefully this doesn't turn into an kebryan hayes "my wrist is a bit sore" to 8 weeks without swinging a bat type of thing.  [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

• 2 weeks later...

I flat out admit that I didn't see any of Sundays game and it may be exagerated.... But from what I read on twitter, he couldn't even swing the bat and threw a 15 bouncer from the OF.  Given the circumstances, I'd prefer he got a few days rest.