Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

For a bench spot..6x6 roto (ops)..redraft

i do lack some speed on my roster (team in sig)..but this is for a bench spot 

 

victor reyes...nice speed, but will he get everyday PT

 

josh rojas...have read some nice things from Cactus League and possibly getting everyday PT

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you're analysis is right - you do lack some speed and can probably get that on the WW.  Is someone like Myles Straw available on your wire?  Although I sense, you're like me, in that you hate starting players who are one category dimensional.  Otherwise your lineup looks great for a 12-teamer.  Solid staff as well - I like Musgrove (as you know I have him on my team) this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

I think you're analysis is right - you do lack some speed and can probably get that on the WW.  Is someone like Myles Straw available on your wire?  Although I sense, you're like me, in that you hate starting players who are one category dimensional.  Otherwise your lineup looks great for a 12-teamer.  Solid staff as well - I like Musgrove (as you know I have him on my team) this year.

Thanks for that, but the question was about reyes or rojas

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

I think you're analysis is right - you do lack some speed and can probably get that on the WW.  Is someone like Myles Straw available on your wire?  Although I sense, you're like me, in that you hate starting players who are one category dimensional.  Otherwise your lineup looks great for a 12-teamer.  Solid staff as well - I like Musgrove (as you know I have him on my team) this year.

And yes, straw is rostered

Link to post
Share on other sites

That deep a league, I'd go with Rojas and the PT over the higher Speed #s.  Maybe you can package a hot start Rojas for REAL speed if you still need it in a month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Thanks for that, but the question was about reyes or rojas

COMPLETELY missed your question - apologies there!  I'd go with Rojas for sure - he'll see more time than Reyes & why I'd lean that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm. This is a tough one. I actually like Reyes over Rojas, but PT is a concern. Other options? Is Victor Robles rostered? He has been flying under the radar big time. Another option is Berti. He has MPE and should be getting regular PT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thebestpr21 said:

Hmmm. This is a tough one. I actually like Reyes over Rojas, but PT is a concern. Other options? Is Victor Robles rostered? He has been flying under the radar big time. Another option is Berti. He has MPE and should be getting regular PT.

I was thinking about Robles myself.  He’s underrated due to low exit velocity, however he’s still young and building power which only adds value to his speed.  I drafted Berti myself for a speed plug-in esp with the multi positions. If those guys are available consider this options.  If only between Rojas and Reyes I would go with Rojas due to the playing time concerns with Reyes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thebestpr21 said:

Hmmm. This is a tough one. I actually like Reyes over Rojas, but PT is a concern. Other options? Is Victor Robles rostered? He has been flying under the radar big time. Another option is Berti. He has MPE and should be getting regular PT.

Robles is of course rostered in this size league...berti is on the wire but I haven’t read anything about him being an everyday starter, where have you seen this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a writer's opinion, but they call out some relevant stats https://www.fishstripes.com/2021/3/26/22350409/could-berti-be-the-marlins-2b-come-opening-day

I've been tracking Berti/Diaz/Jazz for NL Only.  Berti sounds like he's gonna play regularly at 2b, 3b and OF but not consistently at one position and the Marlins appear to be leaning Jazz at the season's start at 2b.  I might consider Jazz here too, he's got serious SB pontential if he sticks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebestpr21 said:

Hmmm. This is a tough one. I actually like Reyes over Rojas, but PT is a concern. Other options? Is Victor Robles rostered? He has been flying under the radar big time. Another option is Berti. He has MPE and should be getting regular PT.

Berti is an option, so you prefer him over reyes and rojas?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heretic said:

This is a writer's opinion, but they call out some relevant stats https://www.fishstripes.com/2021/3/26/22350409/could-berti-be-the-marlins-2b-come-opening-day

I've been tracking Berti/Diaz/Jazz for NL Only.  Berti sounds like he's gonna play regularly at 2b, 3b and OF but not consistently at one position and the Marlins appear to be leaning Jazz at the season's start at 2b.  I might consider Jazz here too, he's got serious SB pontential if he sticks.

Do you prefer berti over rojas and Reyes?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Rojas. Think he is the real deal and is having a nice spring, and could have multi-position eligibility and infield is kind of thin this year. Think he has a lot of upside.

Rate my team? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baloo said:

I think Rojas. Think he is the real deal and is having a nice spring, and could have multi-position eligibility and infield is kind of thin this year. Think he has a lot of upside.

Rate my team? 

 

Thanks, would you prefer rojas or berti?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since neither player has shown anything yet at the major league level I would go by who has showed the most promise in the minors.  If you look at what Rojas did in 2019 compared to the best season Reyes has ever put up it's not even close.  Rojas & his 2019 season alone annihilates anything Reyes has accomplished in his 7 years in the minors.  While that may not hold much weight to most, it's all we have to go by at this point along with speculation.  The Tigers are downright awful & even recently considered not rostering Renato Nunez who went 31 HR & 90 RBI in 2019.  If they can't see that Nunez would be a top 3 hitter on their team this year, they can't possibly see anything in Reyes.  All Reyes will ever be to me is the #1 overall pick in the 2017 Rule 5 Draft.

Thanks for the help with mine!!

Edited by Padrino
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Padrino said:

Since neither player has shown anything yet at the major league level I would go by who has showed the most promise in the minors.  If you look at what Rojas did in 2019 compared to the best season Reyes has ever put up it's not even close.  Rojas & his 2019 season alone annihilates anything Reyes has accomplished in his 7 years in the minors.  While that may not hold much weight to most, it's all we have to go by at this point along with speculation.  The Tigers are downright awful & even recently considered not rostering Renato Nunez who went 31 HR & 90 RBI in 2019.  If they can't see that Nunez would be a top 3 hitter on their team this year, they can't possibly see anything in Reyes.  All Reyes will ever be to me is the #1 overall pick in the 2017 Rule 5 Draft.

Thanks for the help with mine!!

Thanks, would you prefer rojas over berti?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Do you prefer berti over rojas and Reyes?

Yeah, given your OBP and SB needs, I think I do.  I think Rojas is the most valuable overall, but Berti kinda hits your sweet spot.

Edited by Heretic
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Thanks, would you prefer rojas over berti?

Since this is a re-draft league I'd go with Berti.  I don't see a permanent path to playing time for Rojas as of yet.  Calhoun has somehow found his power stroke the last couple of years & has RF locked down.  Even though Nick Ahmed doesn't make big money I don't think the D-Backs would give him a 4-year extension just to platoon/bench him only after 1 full year into his deal.  Lastly, there is no way Rojas is taking away playing time from Eduardo Escobar at 3B.  Escobar is in the best shape of his life & is on a walk year.  I'm sure the D-Backs will want to get every ounce they can out of him before he leaves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...