NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

League and team details are important when asking questions like this..

Agreed, but in this case I don't believe that would change the answer. I think that would a overpaying big time for Kelenic. I like prospects and projections, but you would be trading a young arm that's just coming off a very impressive season in his first year and plays for one of the best teams in MLB. I wouldnt even make that trade 1:1. I would ask for Kelenic an another solid player if he wants Fried.

1 minute ago, thebestpr21 said:

Agreed, but in this case I don't believe that would change the answer. I think that would a overpaying big time for Kelenic. I like prospects and projections, but you would be trading a young arm that's just coming off a very impressive season in his first year and plays for one of the best teams in MLB. I wouldnt even make that trade 1:1. I would ask for Kelenic an another solid player if he wants Fried.

Just going by the majority of dynasty rankings,,kelenic is ranked the highest out of the 3, so getting the best player in a 2-1 deal is normally what’s best for business.  That being said, I do think it is an overpay at this moment.

48 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Just going by the majority of dynasty rankings,,kelenic is ranked the highest out of the 3, so getting the best player in a 2-1 deal is normally what’s best for business.  That being said, I do think it is an overpay at this moment.

Hey, to each their own. I try to balance current value with hype and projections of prospects. IMO Fried is the best value right now by a significant margin and its also young and projects as a top of the rotation SP for a top team for years and years to com. I do understand Kelenic is suppsoed to be a super STUD, so its all about how you approach it. I want to win each and every year, especially this one. Thats why I wouldnt do that trade.

Keep Voit. Next counter offer and just move you're other player straight up for Kelenic. After you do that then put the Bronx bomber on the DL & scoop up another bat.