NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Joey Gallo 2021 Outlook

6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He immediately took a huge leap forward after the sticky stuff enforcement. His defense is superb too. Very smart get by the Yanks.

It has to be costly, but I'd bet well worth it...plus next year too!

I'm really annoyed because I had an keeper decision between him and Judge or JD that is going to be a lot tougher now, as his ranking will jump up a lot, and it would have been a slam dunk keeping Gallo at a lower price over those 2 as its OBP based league. CSB, I know, but an illustration of how quickly his value changes with the trade. 

Edited by Richard Kimble

8 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

*leaves the Yankees after 2022*

I feel like the Yankees are usually pretty good about getting the guys they trade for to re-sign. Although I would be ecstatic if he didn't...actually, I think I'd be more ecstatic if they re-signed him to a mega deal and they he turned into a pumpkin like Stanton.

12 minutes ago, collucho said:

I feel like the Yankees are usually pretty good about getting the guys they trade for to re-sign. Although I would be ecstatic if he didn't...actually, I think I'd be more ecstatic if they re-signed him to a mega deal and they he turned into a pumpkin like Stanton.

Probably. It was more of a joke since he said he is a "real baseball player now". It would be funny if he left.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Krambone said:

When’s this windmill getting to the park? Is he on sabbatical 

He’ll be there tonight but Boone will probably give him the night off to rest from all the traveling he did. 

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, yanksman said:

Chris Davis 2.0

With an assist from the 3 stooges, err Cashman, Boone and Fishman.  He has struck out roughly 50% of the time since coming to the Yanks...fits right into the idiotic 3 true outcomes nonsense, just with it heavily weighted to the ks lol.  Gallo is Dave Kingman with a glove...a Rob Deer wannabe (though neither K'ed close to the level Gallo has achieved)...etc.  Almost but not quite as good a pickup as Heaney lol.  Of course compared to Gardner, just about anything is an improvement, but that is not saying much.

Edited by secretagentman