NBC Sports Edge Forums

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, cyberer said:

For those of us that picked him up or bought low after the early season debacles, He’s been a serviceable pitcher since then. His season stats that you cite are heavily biased by his 16 ER the first 2 times out.

He’s pitching fine. Not ace level but he’s chugging along, not killing me, and getting me wins. If you need him to be an ace I guess that’s different. 

I don’t need him to be an ace. I have some really solid pitchers. That doesn’t change the fact that he really hasn’t been worth owning. 

even over his last month which he’s at a 4.41 ERA and 1.44 Whip... that’s worse than a lot of waiver production. 

not to mention 25 Ks in 34ish innings. Gross.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Corbin owners RN 🙄    

I’m not listening to you Corbin truthers. I’m out. Good luck fellas. 

This obviously depends on league size, but in deeper leagues he's still someone I'd look to grab and park on my bench. He hit 95 today. That's incredible for any lefty, but especially interesting here. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

This obviously depends on league size, but in deeper leagues he's still someone I'd look to grab and park on my bench. He hit 95 today. That's incredible for any lefty, but especially interesting here. 

95 you say?

• Haha 3
32 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

FIP the last three games. 

Hold

kind of hard to, cause he's not actually getting the results despite good peripherals.

On 5/24/2021 at 11:15 AM, murraygd13 said:

FIP the last three games. 

Hold

Why must you torture yourself further with bloops and bleeders?

• Thanks 1

He got dropped in a deep league I'm in.  This is one of those leagues where there is zero on the wire.  He got dropped, and no one has picked him up. 

I know everyone is desperate for pitching but I am surprised this thread is 5 pages.  

5 minutes ago, B&F said:

I know everyone is desperate for pitching but I am surprised this thread is 5 pages.  

In what context? its 2021, no one should be desperate for pitching, hence why they should have moved on from Corbin 6 weeks ago. If you have him still you probably have no choice but to hope he pitches out of it, he can't really be any worse than he has been thus far.

2 hours ago, dicka24 said:

He got dropped in a deep league I'm in.  This is one of those leagues where there is zero on the wire.  He got dropped, and no one has picked him up. 

Same. Dude sucks.

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, einstein2u said:

so we interested again, or more of a game vs the pirates?

I started him in the one league I own him. I don't roster pitchers I wont throw at the Pirates, even with Hayes back. Maybe he was using the sticky stuff and not  he not and it's helping. Who knows. He loooked great against a terrible team, but that's what you want to see from any pitcher. I still don't agree with the blanket write him off forever. He's not that old and his velo hasn't diminished. 

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

Is Patrick Corbin turning the corner?  I've been skeptical to this point, but looking at his last month I'm beginning to wonder if he indeed is.

Last 5 starts:

30.2 IP, 26 H, 8 BB, 27 K, 3.86 ERA, 1.11 Whip

Last 3 starts:

20., IP, 17 H, 2 BB, 20 K, 2.66 ERA, 0.93 Whip

Avg Velo in June: 

Sinker 92.28 mph

FSFB 92.04 mph

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

Is Patrick Corbin turning the corner?  I've been skeptical to this point, but looking at his last month I'm beginning to wonder if he indeed is.

Last 5 starts:

30.2 IP, 26 H, 8 BB, 27 K, 3.86 ERA, 1.11 Whip

Last 3 starts:

20., IP, 17 H, 2 BB, 20 K, 2.66 ERA, 0.93 Whip

Avg Velo in June: 

Sinker 92.28 mph

FSFB 92.04 mph

Seems to be turning the corner and tough for me to ignore his past two full seasons (2018 & 2019)  but his next stretch of starts are worth keeping an eye on:

7/1- vs Dodgers, 7/6 @ San Diego & 7/11 @ San Francisco. Then in Washington vs San Diego are the 1st three games for Washington after the All Star break (7/16-7/18). 

Edited by PinstripeGM
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, PinstripeGM said:

Seems to be turning the corner and tough for me to ignore his past two full seasons (2018 & 2019)  but his next stretch of starts are worth keeping an eye on:

7/1- vs Dodgers, 7/6 @ San Diego & 7/11 @ San Francisco. Then in Washington vs San Diego are the 1st three games for Washington after the All Star break (7/16-7/18). 

Yeah, I'm curious to see how he does against these teams as well.  I picked him up after someone dropped him and have him parked on my bench.  Hopefully he holds his own at least.