NBC Sports Edge Forums

57 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Sandy was the Marlin stallion worth drafting this year. Next year will be Sixto.

Sixto is being sent down to limit his innings.  They do this all the time these days with young pitchers.

According to Jordan McPherson of the Miami Herald, Sixto Sanchez will be optioned to the Marlins' alternate training site.

Big news, though not completely unexpected. Sanchez was brought along slowly this spring after a false-positive COVID-19, so the good news is that this has nothing to do with an injury. The Marlins are just being mindful about his workload, which probably would have been capped if he had begun the season on time. Now they'll be able to have him a bit longer once he does debut. The Marlins will likely go with a four-man rotation to begin the year.

Source: Jordan McPherson on Twitter

Mar 29, 2021, 1:47 PM ET

And I like Pablo Lopez myself.

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Sixto is being sent down to limit his innings.  They do this all the time these days with young pitchers.

And I like Pablo Lopez myself.

Don't sleep on that whole rotation.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, rrrich46 said:

Don't sleep on that whole rotation.

Yes I own Elieser Hernandez too.  And I wish I owned Trevor Rogers as well.  Miami has quietly put together a one through five powerhouse rotation.  That's why they can let Sixto wait a week or two to save on his innings some.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yes I own Elieser Hernandez too.  And I wish I owned Trevor Rogers as well.  Miami has quietly put together a one through five powerhouse rotation.  That's why they can let Sixto wait a week or two to save on his innings some.

Just wait for Max Meyer as well

1 minute ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Just wait for Max Meyer as well

Why do the Florida Teams just find all the good prospects? and then eventually trade or let them go to FA 😅

58 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I have Elieser Hernandez and Alcantara. Trying to find a spot for Rogers.  The Fish are gonna be must see TV for pitching nerds.

2 minutes ago, rrrich46 said:

I have Elieser Hernandez and Alcantara. Trying to find a spot for Rogers.  The Fish are gonna be must see TV for pitching nerds.

I missed out on Rogers and  totally regretting it.

Sixto Sanchez felt "slight discomfort" in his right shoulder while throwing at the Marlins' alternate training site on Wednesday.

He's being evaluated and the severity of the issue is unclear at this point. Sanchez missed some time in camp this spring following a false-positive COVID-19 test and may have tried to ramp back up too quickly. Look for an update on the status of the highly talented 22-year-old right-hander sometime this weekend.

That does not sound promising.

8 minutes ago, JonathanGunz12 said:

Any info on Sixto? I spent some fairly good draft capital  and now I don't know what to do with him. We don't have a NA spot. So do I drop him? I'm getting anxious and it's only first week. 

He's basically shut down for the time being. I guess mild inflammation isn't too bad. I dropped cause I just don't see this year being his year. I drafted the wrong breakout pitcher from the marlins (alcantara probably gonna have a bigger year).

Marlins skipper Don Mattingly announced Friday that the MRI on injured right-hander Sixto Sanchez revealed only minor inflammation in the back of his right shoulder.

Mattingly told reporters Friday that he considered the results good news and that he believes Sanchez will be back at some point. He also noted that it will be a slow progression back to the big leagues and as of now the team hasn't given any timetable on a potential return. It sounds like he'll miss all of April at a minimum and what happens after that will depend on how his shoulder responds as he ramps back up during rehab. In deeper mixed leagues where early draft capital was invested in him, fantasy managers are in a position where they have to wait it out and see what happens. As long as there are no setbacks along the way, Sanchez can still make a major impact this season

Are people holding in redraft?

Seems like mid to late may is best case scenario and even then im sure they will baby him... 

Edited by BronxBozo
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, BronxBozo said:

Are people holding in redraft?

Seems like mid to late may is best case scenario and even then im sure they will baby him... 

Brutal part is, since he’s in the minors, I don’t think he’ll be IL eligible, right?

Gonna be tough just burning a roster spot on him indefinitely.

53 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Brutal part is, since he’s in the minors, I don’t think he’ll be IL eligible, right?

Gonna be tough just burning a roster spot on him indefinitely.

Not IL eligible in yahoo. (NA)

Mid to late May is pure speculation on my part. Im struggling to find a reason to hold and clog a bench spot in redraft! 

2 hours ago, BronxBozo said:

Not IL eligible in yahoo. (NA)

Mid to late May is pure speculation on my part. Im struggling to find a reason to hold and clog a bench spot in redraft! 

There isn't, we drafted the wrong Marlin. Alacantara(sp?) was the guy from that staff to draft this year. We're a year or two away from him being relevant.

12 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

There isn't, we drafted the wrong Marlin. Alacantara(sp?) was the guy from that staff to draft this year. We're a year or two away from him being relevant.

When, if, do you see in back in the majors? He will not have nice numbers even if he gets 100 IP?

1 hour ago, rotoguy74 said:

When, if, do you see in back in the majors? He will not have nice numbers even if he gets 100 IP?

The numbers will be good, but not gonna change your team or win you a championship. He's not a high k guy yet, he's whip will be maybe 1.20?? He's not a game changer yet.

• 2 weeks later...