NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Sixto Sanchez 2021 Outlook

6 hours ago, CharlesHustle said:

Now stating "not close to return"

Meh, it is over, he will come back, have 8-10 starts [...]

Wow I really liked your original post, but yeah doesn't look like Sixto will be coming back anytime soon. If you can, stash him in IR. 

Edited by Travis Burten
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sixto Sánchez (shoulder) has been shut down for a few days after feeling some 'slight discomfort."

Advice: Sánchez felt the discomfort in his throwing program between bullpen sessions. Any way you slice it, it's not the best news. The young right-hander has yet to pitch in a game in the majors or minors this season and this setback, even if it turns out to be minor, pushes him back even further. His absence is going to stretch into the second half at this point and the Marlins probably shouldn't count on a major contribution.

Bummer, I just used a high waiver claim on high in an NL only league and was hoping he'd be able to contribute some high quality, low volume starts. This news has to make you think he'll be handled with kid gloves and possibly brought up as a short stint/bulk reliever, if at all, this year. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

just sitting on the wire in my deep 12 team roto league....thinking about a stash..lol

I really wouldn't bother, what's he going to give you? They aren't near contention so they'll be very cautious with him and he'll be on a very strict pitch count. He might give you a decent month of ratios and Ks, unlikely to have any Win potential, and he could also be terrible. Outside of NL only I don't see much upside this year, there are slept on pitchers still out there that are producing now. Perhaps if you are way exceeding your innings limits in a roto league (as I am in one or two of mine) then he can be worthwhile, just to slow your projections and provide some insurance for injury.

• Like 1

I don't expect him to rattle off 6+ innings right out of the gate but if he can stay healthy there's no reason to think he wont be giving you quality starts towards the end of the fantasy season. His upside is way too huge not to consider for a stash if your team can take the brunt of the likelihood of them easing him back into things. 

• Thanks 1

If everything goes according to plan and he comes back healthy he might be able to give you………….

Sixto solid starts down the stretch 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why do I like to have guys with names like Sixto Sanchez, Bo Bichette, Jazz Chisholm, Starling Marte, Wander Franco?

This is why I decided against trading for Matt Olsen, that was a mistake, but he needed a more flashy name to get excited about.

Just me?

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, squantos said:

how much longer on average with no setbacks does it normally take once they get to throwing from 120 feet ?

120 is usually the last update given in feet.  Then we get throwing off a mound and bullpens.  Once we get there, its basically a Spring Training schedule from that point forward.  So, once pitchers and catchers report, its usually 45-50 days til opening day.  If he starts bullpens by July 1, then we're looking mid-August for a return, which gives Sixto about 1/4th of a season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a disgrace. He literally cost me a 2 months of valuable waiver time as he rot away without an IR slot before I finally had to drop him in May. How about next time be honest about your injuries before you wait until you suck bass before shutting down your whole team... R.I.P. Sixto and Marlins