NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jose Ramirez 2021 Outlook

I can't believe there's no thread for this polarizing player. 

Great player but very streaky.  His lineup is a lot worse without Lindor.  But Hernandez is somewhat underrated (good enough OBP).  Rosario batting 2nd seems weird to me.  Jram is a true potential 5 category elite player.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can we take a moment to appreciate how great this guy is? He does it all. I’m most impressed with how a guy that’s 5’9” has turned into one of the most reliable power sluggers in the game.

• 5 weeks later...

JoRam is mashing, though the BA is a little low at .254 right now, he's got 13 HRs, 6 SBs, 36 R, 30 RBI. Any small concerns about lack of protection in the Indians lineup are looking immaterial, as they have been bad, yet his numbers are still there. They're missing Franmil now and are starting to get better contributions from the infielders and guys like Naylor. So his paces for around 100 rs/rbis could still increase. Ramirez needs to steal a bit more to really give the max value, but he's still going to get to 20ish and that will more than play with his rate stats. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Manager said "I think he's gonna be okay.  He was fine after getting back to the clubhouse "

* multiple Twitter sources

Putting all this into together it sounds like it may have been a stinger-type effect. Not fun but definitely best-case if true. 

• Like 1

whats more concerning is he hasnt stole a bag since may 22. 0/2 since may 22 is not ideal as he is already streaky as is but atleast the consistent sb was a nice floor (h2h)

even when he his 218 for 85 games he still stole 18 bags

Edited by colepenhagen

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

whats more concerning is he hasnt stole a bag since may 22. 0/2 since may 22 is not ideal as he is already streaky as is but atleast the consistent sb was a nice floor (h2h)

even when he his 218 for 85 games he still stole 18 bags

i always liked the guy.  was high on him in like 2016 with taoball.....but i think his running days are over

I'm relieved he's okay. Had flashbacks to 2019 when Jose got hit in the knee in spring training. When he returned he wasn't the same and everyone was questioning his superstar status and if the power would ever return. Perhaps that wasn't the correlation to his poor first half that year, but glad I stuck with you, Jose.

Wasn't it 2019 when he got hit on the leg with a pitch (or foul ball) and was insanely terrible for a long stretch?  Anyone remember what happened with that?  I hope it's not the case again but looking to gather info before I make a play for him.

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, collucho said:

What gives!?!?! Sitting two games in a row with zero word of an injury.

Apparently injured his elbow diving for a ball on July 1.  Just noticed how bad he's been since then.  Probably a good idea to look into other 3b as a precaution.

• Like 1