NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rate my initial draft in this keeper league WHIR

image.png.bc04b69d6ba17552c9d89ff201323bb1.png

I was not planning on taking so many batters early but these guys kept falling to me and I couldn't resist considering I was about 7 deep. Also kinda wish I had taken Bieber/Seager over Story/Castillo but we'll see how that pans out.

12 Team 7x7 3 Keeper League

Settings: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, OBP /// IP, W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS

Edited by collucho

agreed with the above poster. solid bats, and the pitching isn't terrible for a 12-man. First team in awhile that speed doesn't look to be a big concern. If i had any suggestion at first glance, it would be to closely monitor the injury-prone / bust guys, and you may even want to move a veteran while they still have fantasy value, such as Lynn or Springer. I think this is the aboslute sell high point for Lynn IMO. Thanks for the review of my team.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

agreed with the above poster. solid bats, and the pitching isn't terrible for a 12-man. First team in awhile that speed doesn't look to be a big concern. If i had any suggestion at first glance, it would be to closely monitor the injury-prone / bust guys, and you may even want to move a veteran while they still have fantasy value, such as Lynn or Springer. I think this is the aboslute sell high point for Lynn IMO. Thanks for the review of my team.

Yikes not what I want to hear after drafting Lynn in both my leagues lmao. But having that thought in the back of my head won't hurt me.

I have faith in Springer. UCONN baby.

Edited by collucho

Definetely like the offence for this team. The starting pitching looks decent for a 12 teamer, like others above had said I’m not a Lynn guy. Also Hand + Rogers is a risky combo for saves. After you IL Eloy and Sale I’d be looking to add 1-2 more closers. 

For a 12 team league, I think your roster is pretty stacked. I love that you kept grabbing hitters, and let others overpay for the big name SP. Jo-Ram/Story is a great 1-2 punch to start off any draft. I don't love the Vlad pick in the third round, though I also understand it considering it's a keeper league. If Alvarez can stay healthy all season, he could be the steal of the draft! As for your pitching...I love the staff you ended up with. It is exactly the type of pitching staff I try to start every season with. Castillo will be solid, and I feel you got Lynn in a great spot. Hell, I wouldn't mind if Lynn was my SP1 honestly. Gonzales, Plaesac, Montas, Heaney, and Mahle all have high ceilings, so even if only 2 of them really hit, you'll be sitting pretty with that pitching staff. I don't think Sale will add anything to your team this season, but I love the late round flyer on him if you're thinking ahead to 2022. Just my 2 cents....Good luck!

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, fatbob166 said:

For a 12 team league, I think your roster is pretty stacked. I love that you kept grabbing hitters, and let others overpay for the big name SP. Jo-Ram/Story is a great 1-2 punch to start off any draft. I don't love the Vlad pick in the third round, though I also understand it considering it's a keeper league. If Alvarez can stay healthy all season, he could be the steal of the draft! As for your pitching...I love the staff you ended up with. It is exactly the type of pitching staff I try to start every season with. Castillo will be solid, and I feel you got Lynn in a great spot. Hell, I wouldn't mind if Lynn was my SP1 honestly. Gonzales, Plaesac, Montas, Heaney, and Mahle all have high ceilings, so even if only 2 of them really hit, you'll be sitting pretty with that pitching staff. I don't think Sale will add anything to your team this season, but I love the late round flyer on him if you're thinking ahead to 2022. Just my 2 cents....Good luck!

Gimme a fuggin hug bob!

• Haha 1

Wow! Great offense. I too, am a big believer in bats early. Still your pitching is solid for a 12-teamer. Not confident Sale will do much for your team. Check the wire for Trevor Rogers or Dylan Cease, they are lighting it up in ST.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

You did well for sure. Very good and balance offense. Pitching is decent. Do you have 2 DL spots for Eloy and Sale? Hard to ride with a player taking a roster spot when its unclear if and when they will be back. Especially for Sale that when he is healthy Boston will probably be out of contention and with zero reason to risk him. I would actually pick a high ceiling SP prospect or former prospects. Pearson, Skubal, Manning, Mize, Cease, etc. Thinking those kids could be a difference maker. 

Help with mine? 

6 hours ago, thebestpr21 said:

You did well for sure. Very good and balance offense. Pitching is decent. Do you have 2 DL spots for Eloy and Sale? Hard to ride with a player taking a roster spot when its unclear if and when they will be back. Especially for Sale that when he is healthy Boston will probably be out of contention and with zero reason to risk him. I would actually pick a high ceiling SP prospect or former prospects. Pearson, Skubal, Manning, Mize, Cease, etc. Thinking those kids could be a difference maker. 

Help with mine? 

Yeah, two IL spots. Eloy is going to occupy one of them all year. Sale we shall see I am not opposed to dropping him if I see the right opportunity.