NBC Sports Edge Forums

Was not prepared. How bad did I mess this thing up haha?

12 teams, 7 keepers, H2H6x6

R, RBI, HR, SB, TB, OBP, ERA, WHIP, QS, K, SV+HLD, K/BB

C-

1B- Myers, Voit

2B- Merrifield

3B- Arenado, Donaldson

SS- T. Anderson

OF- Trout, T. Hernandez, Conforto, F. Reyes, J. Soler, Verdugo, Buxton, Schwarber 

NA- R. Nunez

SP- Strasburg, Gausman, Musgrove, McCullers, Paddack, Montas, Uriah, Kluber

RP- Colome, McGee 

1 hour ago, mzkp54 said:

Was not prepared. How bad did I mess this thing up haha?

12 teams, 7 keepers, H2H6x6

R, RBI, HR, SB, TB, OBP, ERA, WHIP, QS, K, SV+HLD, K/BB

C-

1B- Myers, Voit

2B- Merrifield

3B- Arenado, Donaldson

SS- T. Anderson

OF- Trout, T. Hernandez, Conforto, F. Reyes, J. Soler, Verdugo, Buxton, Schwarber 

NA- R. Nunez

SP- Strasburg, Gausman, Musgrove, McCullers, Paddack, Montas, Uriah, Kluber

RP- Colome, McGee 

offense is fine, but that starting staff has alot of question marks for sure, and not sold on that bullpen

I think there are a lot of question marks on both sides of the ball. Voit already hurt, Myers will probably get hurt, Arenado out of COL now, and Anderson continues to outplay the underlying metrics. I do like your OF though, and I feel that a lot of the guys you drafted have some upside. If I were you I would see if I could trade away an OF for some help elsewhere (maybe a SP?)

I like Gausman a lot this season, and as Ashlandarrows said, there is upside with a lot of the SP you drafted. The problem is overall, the roster is a bit too reliant on upside. I feel you will need a lot of things to break your way this year to make the playoffs. Good luck!!

3 minutes ago, fatbob166 said:

I think there are a lot of question marks on both sides of the ball. Voit already hurt, Myers will probably get hurt, Arenado out of COL now, and Anderson continues to outplay the underlying metrics. I do like your OF though, and I feel that a lot of the guys you drafted have some upside. If I were you I would see if I could trade away an OF for some help elsewhere (maybe a SP?)

I like Gausman a lot this season, and as Ashlandarrows said, there is upside with a lot of the SP you drafted. The problem is overall, the roster is a bit too reliant on upside. I feel you will need a lot of things to break your way this year to make the playoffs. Good luck!!

Yeah, unfortunately I started a bit in a hole because a lot of those guys were my keepers haha. Kept Arenado in the 6th, Voit in the 11th (keepers due before he got hurt), and Anderson in the 22nd. (Also Trout 1, Conforto-14, Musgrove-14). That kind of set the tone for my draft so I chased upside and hoped that things would pan out. If not, I’ll likely have a quick trigger finger to be a seller for the future. 

Thanks for the thoughts!

You don't have any bench offense player you need to get those. Move all of the players from you're very bottom 2 rows of the roster for those sticks. And for the keeper list go with: Voit, Myers, Merrifield, Arenado, Trout, Anderson, Soler