NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dustin May 2021 Outlook

On 4/26/2021 at 8:32 PM, 80version said:

I am loving his outings.  Not looking forward to the inevitable LAD shenanigans which result in skipping starts to preserve him for postseason play.  Have the Dodgers come out and said how many innings they are targetting for May this season? 

Now you don’t have to worry!

• Haha 3

Yeah it doesn't look good at all. I think he is out for months and could be out for the season. Very unfortunate situation because he was having an outstanding year but of course he was always on an innings limit to begin with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cyberer said:

I single handedly blame “not an ace” guy for killing our vibe. 

this is sad. Almost certainly a Tommy John 

“The boy literally knits you a sweater of tears.  And you kill him.”

7 hours ago, Words said:

May reported a "shooting sensation" down his arm. The MRI is scheduled for Monday, but is there really any doubt?

As someone in healthcare, I will say a shooting sensation rather than a pop leaves some small hope that it’s a pinched nerve not a tear. My money is on tear though, but if you need something to hang a small hope on there it is.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, burty1 said:

Next up...Gonsolin?  Price?  Other?

Would have said Gonsolin but he's hurt.  So now I'm not sure.  Dodger pitchers tend to have high value when they start so worth monitoring.

1 hour ago, burty1 said:

Next up...Gonsolin?  Price?  Other?

Price is also on the IL with a grade 2 hamstring strain. Placed on April 26th so the earliest  he can come off is later this week but my guess would be next week at the earliest.

3 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Dropped immediately. He’s done 

It does seem likely, but with a talent like that, I wouldn't drop him until there is confirmation unless there was some truly amazing player available to pick up in his place. Of course, it is easier in leagues with injured lists. The Dodgers didn't waste time putting him on the IL. 

Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports that the initial exam of Dustin May's right elbow determined that he has some damage to his ulnar collateral ligament.

Tommy john looks to be on tap

2 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports that the initial exam of Dustin May's right elbow determined that he has some damage to his ulnar collateral ligament.

Tommy john looks to be on tap

The Dodgers really are turning this into a disaster in slow motion. First they wait two days for the MRI and now they let this out. Just call it already. Put my team and many others out of their misery. 

• Like 2

Just now, Words said:

The Dodgers really are turning this into a disaster in slow motion. First they wait two days for the MRI and now they let this out. Just call it already. Put my team and many others out of their misery. 

Probably waiting on the MRI. Initial exam likely means physical exam

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Words said:

Without the mri, you could tell by his reaction that his elbow/forearm was likely cooked.

Just now, Picard56 said:

Without the mri, you could tell by his reaction that his elbow/forearm was likely cooked.

I'm seeing two different versions of the report. One is that it was the physical exam. Another is that the MRI showed some damage. 

I'm just wondering if that is some damage like Tanaka and the guy tries to rehab and pitch through it, which would be really stupid for a 23-year-old, or if they are just going in now. If it is the latter, you'd think they would stop screwing around and get the surgery done. 

• Like 1