NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Which two keepers?

We keep one pitcher and one position player. Players are kept in the rounds they were drafted in and can be kept for 3 consecutive years.

Position Players: Moncada, Round 14; Devers, Round 12; Robles, Round 10; Vlad, Round 23

Pitchers: Glasnow, Round 18; Giolito, Round 23

Which position player and which pitcher do I keep? I've kept Vlad for 1 year so I can keep him this year and next, if desired. I'm leaning toward Vlad and Glasnow at the moment. Thoughts?

Edited by Hankybro21

I'm a little surprised by the Devers over Vlad by a wide margin; mainly considering Devers would be round 12 and Vlad round 23, with what is likely a similar profile. Is it mainly that people trust Devers more than Vlad at this point?

11 minutes ago, Hankybro21 said:

I'm a little surprised by the Devers over Vlad by a wide margin; mainly considering Devers would be round 12 and Vlad round 23, with what is likely a similar profile. Is it mainly that people trust Devers more than Vlad at this point?

Basically, yes....I trust Devers more to have a better season than Vlad. The potential has always been there for Vlad, but Devers has already shown what he can do on the major league level. I assume that you lose the round pick for the player you keep? To me losing a 12th round pick is not going to make or break your team. 

Going wild here. lol. I would go Vlad and Glasnow. Thinking Glasnow is ready to become one of the best SPs in baseball. Giolito is probably a better keeper at that value, but I would still go with Glasnow. 

Help with mine. 

17 hours ago, fatbob166 said:

Basically, yes....I trust Devers more to have a better season than Vlad. The potential has always been there for Vlad, but Devers has already shown what he can do on the major league level. I assume that you lose the round pick for the player you keep? To me losing a 12th round pick is not going to make or break your team. 

Yea we lost the pick for the player we keep.