NBC Sports Edge Forums

I personally think that Gausman will have the better season, though it is close for me. I think he is a safer bet health-wise, and I think he has a higher ceiling. Morton isn't getting any younger, and really the only argument I have seen that would make me take Morton here, is that, if he stays healthy, he will probably pitch more innings than a lot of other SP this season. Braves have him on a one year deal, so I think they pitch him till his arm falls off.

• Thanks 1

Gausman by a bit in my mind.   Morton's age and exceptional performance of late gives me concern.  Gausman in San Fran seems really attractive.  He likely won't win more than 13 games, so that won't help, but I tend to draft for ratios and just hope the wins happen.

• Thanks 1

Thinking Morton. Not close for me. Even if he has just an ok season, he is still a better pitcher than Gausman and in a much better team. He has looked good in ST as well, especially his velocity.